Deep Silver and Egosoft announce X Superbox

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

eldyranx3
xr

Post by eldyranx3 » Wed, 18. Aug 10, 17:56

Another question. Since the Superbox has gone gold, when will we know what user created content has made the final cut?

Roguey
x4

Post by Roguey » Wed, 18. Aug 10, 18:09

I would also like to know what content made it to the bonus DVD :)

good luck on the release ego!
Roguey's Site: X3TC, X3AP, X3FL, X4.

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Wed, 18. Aug 10, 18:19

IIRC any user made content that made the final cut into the SuperBox would be notified via a email saying that said users material has become part of the SuperBox.

Just don't ask me when the email will be sent out, given the sheer number of survivors that made the final cut so it make take a bit.
Last edited by Deadbeat_Spinn on Wed, 18. Aug 10, 18:23, edited 1 time in total.

Toastie
x3tc

Post by Toastie » Wed, 18. Aug 10, 18:22

eldyranx3 wrote:Another question. Since the Superbox has gone gold, when will we know what user created content has made the final cut?
Would it sound too facetious to say 'When you open the Superbox'? :)

eldyranx3
xr

Post by eldyranx3 » Wed, 18. Aug 10, 18:26

Toastie wrote:Would it sound too facetious to say 'When you open the Superbox'? :)
Only if I self impose a personal release date of Dec 25, 2010, and hold it in a stocking above the fireplace until then. :wink:

Roguey
x4

Post by Roguey » Wed, 18. Aug 10, 21:09

Toastie wrote:Would it sound too facetious to say 'When you open the Superbox'? :)
Talk about agony, next thing your reply will be coming ... "soon" :P

Toastie
x3tc

Post by Toastie » Wed, 18. Aug 10, 21:24

Why? You know exactly how soon 08 Oct 2010 is. ;)

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Wed, 18. Aug 10, 21:24

I had no idea we would be told before we opened the box anyway.

I hate waiting for things :( :D

Edit :: The Toaster posted when I did.

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Wed, 18. Aug 10, 21:52

Toastie wrote:Why? You know exactly how soon 08 Oct 2010 is. ;)
I thought that date is only for retail availability...
Split say NEED MORE FIREPOWER!!

Roguey
x4

Post by Roguey » Thu, 19. Aug 10, 10:39

hi, well I asked because I have brought nearly all of the X games in the past before (from X1 to TC), inwhich I have also completed most of the plot missions as well (so I know the games fairly well). The superbox is a great idea for those with only a few or no X games. I guess ill have to wait for someone to tell me or not.

IceFire909
x4

Post by IceFire909 » Thu, 19. Aug 10, 11:45

Toastie wrote:As mentioned in the OP, Australia is one of the territories where it will be on 'general release' and therefore available at retail outlets, potentially saving you shipping charges.
Missed the Australia part in the OP.
Well I did a check on the currency conversion...
47.99 EUR = 68.4104 AUD (including P&H)

EVERY new game in Australia is $100, a collectors pack can range from $110 to $150 depending on what kind it is (SupCom 1 was $110, an Assassin's Creed one is $150)..Since this would be considered 'new', a good bargain for what it contains if I may say.. :D

And since I'm lazy this will save me from putting money into my account, then actually going to the game store after work.. :roll:

So yea...PRE-ORDERED!!!
Incoming Message (4 New Messages)
Your Xenon K has Blue Screen of Death'd.
Your #deca CPU ship has 404'd.
Your Xenon P was docking and has stopped responding.
Your #deca.cefa has limited or no network connectivity.

Toastie
x3tc

Post by Toastie » Thu, 19. Aug 10, 13:11

Roguey wrote:hi, well I asked because I have brought nearly all of the X games in the past before (from X1 to TC), inwhich I have also completed most of the plot missions as well (so I know the games fairly well). The superbox is a great idea for those with only a few or no X games. I guess ill have to wait for someone to tell me or not.
The game content is exactly as stated in the OP. It also gives you an idea of what user content was included. If you want to read more about what that might/could be, then take a look at this. We're not going to give out a complete list of what is included right now. If we decide to do that, then you'll find out right here of course.

I hope that helps.

vlasticz
x4

Post by vlasticz » Thu, 19. Aug 10, 16:48

Hell yea! Pre-Ordered .. this piece of shiny diamond must be mine :twisted: 8)

niadh
x3tc

Updates to older X games

Post by niadh » Thu, 19. Aug 10, 19:17

I don't think this one has been answered yet.
As someone who already has every X game released will there be patches available from this site to take X-BTF and Xtended to 2.2 as mentioned in the news letter.
Currently I believe the latest patch is 1.96a.

Lokking forward to the new mission just annoyed that I have to wait until 8th October.

Toastie
x3tc

Post by Toastie » Thu, 19. Aug 10, 19:42

niadh wrote:Lokking forward to the new mission just annoyed that I have to wait until 8th October.
As is normal practice, we make an announcement when the product has gone 'Gold'. We'd all like it to be released earlier, but as I'm sure you'll appreciate with a product of this magnitude, certain processes need to be completed before the game is released to the retailers and these can take time.
niadh wrote:As someone who already has every X game released will there be patches available from this site to take X-BTF and Xtended to 2.2 as mentioned in the news letter.
Currently I believe the latest patch is 1.96a.
For those X-BTF and X-Tension owners who don't purchase the X Superbox, the most recent versions of those games will be made available in due course.

you_rebel_scum
x3tc

Post by you_rebel_scum » Thu, 19. Aug 10, 20:41

Must be a huge relief to u guys and also satisfying that the culmination of years of work is being released like this, feels like the x-series has come full circle.
Die-Hard...Suicidal Squid DiD
I was born free, but now I'm expensive!

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Fri, 20. Aug 10, 00:56

Me ordered too sir !

Thanks Ego.

vlasticz
x4

Post by vlasticz » Fri, 20. Aug 10, 01:50

I don't know if I'm speaking for some else of you guys (I believe so) but the things in this pack I'm looking for the most are the encyklopedia as well as I'm curious which scripts and other stuff has been chosen for the bonusdvd. I must confess I've been playing X games not so often as many players registered on this forum far later than me has ... All the time I've been able just to take a modest look at the foremost frontiers of the X games. And all that because of not very up to date comp. Now I have a kind of rig I can play anything maxed out etc (for now). But all the time I'm admiring at least the hard and precious work of my gods called Egosot. Taking a hat off. The X - Superbox is at least an enormous and most polished (as well as the most complex) Art Work (can't just say a game) PC's have ever seen. That's why it's worth buying anyways.

Lot's of thanks to Egosoft and their superb sense of what the community want's. YOU guys rock. I can't even imagine how much effort is in that Universe out there of yours. PLS carry on.

PS.:Please don't be confused about seemingly not registering the game. As far as I'm getting to forum (and the game) from time to time I'have not considered it important.

GN & HF to U all

jrd417
x3ap

Post by jrd417 » Fri, 20. Aug 10, 05:54

I'm curious, I read where there will be fan fiction in the superbox and I was wondering what the format will be? I ask this as i hope to get the superbox and put the fan fiction on my Nook e book reader.

Scarecrow
x4

Post by Scarecrow » Fri, 20. Aug 10, 07:18

........ Nook e book reader.
:lol: For just a second I thought you left an "i" out.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”