Guide to Economics; Stations and how to manage them

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Eisenkalle
x3tc

Post by Eisenkalle » Tue, 31. May 11, 23:27

[PPGA] EnDeR wrote:they are in the same sector but they have already been built. can a complex construction kit be used on existing stations or do they still have to be in the freight bay of the transport ship?
That is why they invented the kits. You build your stations and afterwards you connect them with these kits. These stations are now a complex and share all wares in a big stock.

You need your TL (or a hired) again. Dock it at a shipyard and buy one (1) complex construction kit. Load it into the TL, send it to the sector with your stations. Than comm the TL to drop of your station (the kit) and select the first station, than the second and a place where you want your complex hub (this is where the ships will dock).

I hope you did not build your stations too far apart from each other. The kit has a range of ~20km to connect stations. If they are too far, you can use a ship that can use a tractor-beam and tow the stations closer together and then connect them.

And again ;-)

Looky here X3TC Walkthrough Video Tutorial Series (Part 11). This will held you a great deal for what I now talked about (hdifficult to visualize).
I am a Mistral Tycoon!

Poisoned Paranid Start (X3TC): Take a joyride in a Hyperion Vanguard (250.3m/s)! VANILLA Updated 2012-04-02 (new mediafire link)

newbumm

Post by newbumm » Mon, 27. Jun 11, 00:55

hello folks im 4days new to this game (date27/6-11)
i love this game ^^ way hard to understand but when u figure it out its way more fun (why didnt i buy this game befor??) i foloweded Spikes guide in the agron teritory +addet a rims fab and saving up for a solar power plant sofar i earn pretty good from my stations but majority income coms from buying ships below 75% in the nearby sectors but my question i had in mind was do i need to play x2 even thou im playing x3??and whats the diffrence??

less graphics more gamepay^^
why didnt i play x3tc sooner??

maderas
x4

Post by maderas » Sat, 16. Jul 11, 23:26

Really good guide, helped me a lot as a newer player. Are the factory suggestions outdated, though? I planned to follow the advice of building a wheat farm and cahoona bakery in Argon Prime but noticed there's already several of them built by NPCs in Herron's Nebula and Home of Light.

Spychotic
x3tc

Post by Spychotic » Sun, 17. Jul 11, 01:57

It will possibly be outdated in your game. Remember that X games have a dynamic economy; NPC stations will be built and removed by GoD (the Global Decision Engine) that directs the fiddling of the economy. As a result, different games yield different opportunities.

However, remember also that the key to profit is in the balance of supply and demand; there might be ten Cattle Ranches in a Sector, but if there's fifteen Cahoona Bakeries in the next sector then there's a huge dearth of supply that you can fill and make megabucks with.

Even in the absence of a supply/demand gap, correct management of factories will lead you to dominate an economy almost no matter what the competition does.

Spike
Check out the X3 Wiki!

Struggling with a plotline? Spike's Walkthroughs are your answer!

Whether you're building your first factory or a trading empire, this station management guide was made just for you.

maderas
x4

Post by maderas » Sun, 17. Jul 11, 02:52

Ah, I didn't know the AI would actually build stations. I hadn't noticed them popping up, but that explains a lot.

There's literally 17 (!) wheat farms all within a 2 sector jump radius from Argon Prime in my game. Not nearly as many Cahoona Bakeries, though (oddly) I've noticed almost all the factories nearby still usually manage to be >65% stock on them. On the plus side, there seems to be constant shortages of Plankton and Scruffin Fruit for the cattle ranches and stott spices for the bakeries, so I'll see what I can make happen.

The biggest commodity that's always in shortage by far is energy, but solar plants and crystal fabs are both so expensive that I haven't dared build any yet.

deadmoomin
x3tc

Post by deadmoomin » Tue, 2. Feb 16, 14:19

What a fantastic, well written, guide. He probably no longer hangs out here but I transmit my gratitude to Spychotic through the eternal void of time and space. I hope he somehow senses it.

CerebralAbrasion

Post by CerebralAbrasion » Thu, 11. Feb 16, 18:37

Wow, comprehensive guide indeed! I never realized there was so much involved with selling products. I'm usually just concerned with whether or not the end product sells out or piles up, but I always build self sustaining plexes. I can see how if you're a veteran and starting a new game, this info could help you make the most of your meager credits.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”