[X3T] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots in Terran Conflict

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Mon, 30. May 11, 16:32

TTD wrote:
Painman wrote:
saco3 wrote:Thanks allot managed to train 20 CLS pilots this way and fast.:D

Does this method also work with CAG?? if not please explain how to level up the CAG to the max so he can sell the wares my stations produce for me.

Thanks.
Just put your trained CLS pilots on CAG duty, and they'll be trained CAGs. The experience carries over.
Does that work the other way round..CAG to CLS?
Yes they are interchangeable

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Mon, 30. May 11, 16:34

:D

saco3
x4

Post by saco3 » Mon, 30. May 11, 19:13

Thanks TTD now one last question is which is better to use? the things that I want to do are:

1- supply my stations&ships from my other stations ( am guessing CLS here but correct me if am wrong)

2- sell my productions for best prices to AI stations.

heratik
x3tc

Post by heratik » Wed, 8. Jun 11, 15:19

Please someone alleviate my stupidity, but I don't think I have ever seen 'Commodity Logistics' software available anywhere.

My current Complex has a TS for selling its product that I have to micro-manage because I can't get it to independently sell multiple wares, it seems CAG is my answer, but I haven't seen it, nor does the option come up in my Trade commands...

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Wed, 8. Jun 11, 15:34

Have you installed the bonus pack?

heratik
x3tc

Post by heratik » Wed, 8. Jun 11, 15:44

Infekted wrote:Have you installed the bonus pack?
No.......

I downloaded my copy of X3TC via the App Store on my iMac, will the bonus pack be compatible with this?

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Wed, 8. Jun 11, 16:55

heratik wrote:
No.......

I downloaded my copy of X3TC via the App Store on my iMac, will the bonus pack be compatible with this?
CLS and CAG are part of the bonus pack.

Yes it will be compatible. Download it from the downloads section on this site. Here:
http://www.egosoft.com/download/x3tc/bonus_en.php

heratik
x3tc

Post by heratik » Wed, 8. Jun 11, 17:03

Infekted wrote:
heratik wrote:
No.......

CLS and CAG are part of the bonus pack.

Yes it will be compatible. Download it from the downloads section on this site. Here:
http://www.egosoft.com/download/x3tc/bonus_en.php
Thank you good sir!

heratik
x3tc

Post by heratik » Wed, 8. Jun 11, 21:15

Ok so a little problem

The downloads are windows .exe files, I am running it on a Mac!

Am I out of luck?

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Wed, 8. Jun 11, 21:22

heratik wrote:Ok so a little problem

The downloads are windows .exe files, I am running it on a Mac!

Am I out of luck?
I thought someone has created a Zip file for the MAC? I am not sure, but I remember reading about it. Check the mod forum then.

[EDIT} Found it, thanks to Google search

http://forum.egosoft.de/viewtopic.php?t ... 49614bdccf

It's for Reunion, but hopefully it will work for TC

heratik
x3tc

Post by heratik » Wed, 8. Jun 11, 23:03

Thank you for the help Vincent, but I think I have found a way to do it with the proper X3TC version, I just need to ask a couple of questions first.

To make sure I download the right version of the bonus pack I need to register my game, but my copy is not off disc or Steam, but from Apple App Store, and I can't find my registration number anywhere.

I was going to post in the technical support forum but it wouldn't let me, and I can't post in the Mod forum cos I am not registered :(

Pleeeease help!

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Wed, 8. Jun 11, 23:15

heratik wrote:Thank you for the help Vincent, but I think I have found a way to do it with the proper X3TC version, I just need to ask a couple of questions first.

To make sure I download the right version of the bonus pack I need to register my game, but my copy is not off disc or Steam, but from Apple App Store, and I can't find my registration number anywhere.

I was going to post in the technical support forum but it wouldn't let me, and I can't post in the Mod forum cos I am not registered :(

Pleeeease help!
PM a guy with a Gold/Yellow name. The info you need is in the sticky in this forum.

PLX

Post by PLX » Mon, 27. Jun 11, 22:10

Another CAG/CLS noob, just installed bonus pack no more then 1 game day ago :D.
I've set CLS1 (Solano) to seliver rasar oil
To: My IRE forge, in the same sector.
CLS pilot is complete noob. He has jumpdrive, and for some reason he packs 50 energy cells for jumping. Changing ordinal jumpdrive settings and CLS jumpdrive settings and then stopping pilot and restarting script doesn't help. Why? What I can do?

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Mon, 27. Jun 11, 23:45

The way I leveled up my CAGs was as follows.

1. Place a Cohoona Bakery M in The Wall
2. Purchase 10 Discoverer Haulers, give speed and software upgrades, and assign them to said bakery. They pick up E cells and argnu beef from local factories, and will sell meatseaks as well.
3. Start commercial representation and wait.
4. Assign them to freigthers as they get leveled up, reassign the Discoverers to start anew after the transfer.

I did this in addition to the racetrack CLS2 pattern described because I didn't realize that CLS2 and CAG were interchangable. Aren't the titles for these dudes different (Major Dealer vs Logistician)? No difference between the two?

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Mon, 27. Jun 11, 23:49

Speaking of CAGs and CLS, I've noticed some slight problems. I like my freighter to have more than 10% cargo space for energy cells, so I manually change each one to have slightly more. However, more often than not, I check back on them and see that the jumpdrive fuel has reverted back to the default 10% cargo space. Is there anything I can do to prevent this? Also things like wares on my blacklist will sometimes revert back to no items on the blacklist.

PLX

Post by PLX » Tue, 28. Jun 11, 14:59

So, 2 people with e-cells problem. Any guru can help?

Shads62

Post by Shads62 » Tue, 28. Jun 11, 15:20

I suppose you could have conflicting commands. E.g. leave 10% ecell space could conflict with a load x amount of product command.

Painman
x3tc

Post by Painman » Tue, 28. Jun 11, 17:39

As to PLX's issue, this is emergency jump fuel in case of an attack, and it will always get loaded up if the CAG's ship has a jumpdrive onboard. This won't happen if there's no jumpdrive.

As for Falcrack's issue, yes, I've seen this... a lot. You enter the CAG/CLS pilot's settings, start them running, and their settings go "poof". I have no explanation for why, but it happens.

Enter the settings you want, then go into Data Storage and save them as a template. Then, load the template and start up your trader. The settings usually stick if I load them up that way.

I use Data Storage/templates a lot - it really beats punching in settings over and over for multiple traders doing more or less the same job. Makes reassignment a breeze too.
*** modified ***

PLX

Post by PLX » Tue, 28. Jun 11, 20:33

Painman wrote:As to PLX's issue, this is emergency jump fuel in case of an attack
Wow! I wonder how odd and not so understandable situation turns brilliantly clear!

Palladin888
x3tc

question about the rapier trader training

Post by Palladin888 » Mon, 19. Sep 11, 08:26

Is the training of the trader about flight time or amount of credits made?

whats the point of setting way points if they are not going to buy anything
X3TC Vanilla with bonus pack
Start: Terran Defender
Terran plot complete
Goner plot complete
New Home plot at 50,000,000 credits step
Operation Final Furry on last step.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”