[TC] New Home Plot Walkthrough

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Paranoid66
x3tc

Post by Paranoid66 » Sat, 1. May 10, 12:11

Good guide got to the silly suduko thing and just gave up in disgust.

I have no interest in these puzzles this is not why I play X. It is not - Think - in my opinion.

Think is a non liner plot that gives you choices and consequences.

I find this whole scenario just patronising and annoying and not worth the effort.

I could die laughing (not in a good way) at the idea that you can get to a specific location in the vastness of space by jumping at random for a start - dim.

Please plot writers you have to - Think - first before you expect us to - Think - our way through this... words fail me.

:headbang:
Beyond 'X' Far future (Fanfic): BkI BkII BkIII

Never more than 98.8 percent sure about anything.
98.8 percent sure that anyone who is 100 percent certain needs re-educating for the sake of humanity.

amtct
x3ap

Post by amtct » Sat, 1. May 10, 12:32

Paranoid66 wrote:Good guide got to the silly suduko thing and just gave up in disgust.

I have no interest in these puzzles this is not why I play X. It is not - Think - in my opinion.

Think is a non liner plot that gives you choices and consequences.

I find this whole scenario just patronising and annoying and not worth the effort.

I could die laughing (not in a good way) at the idea that you can get to a specific location in the vastness of space by jumping at random for a start - dim.

Please plot writers you have to - Think - first before you expect us to - Think - our way through this... words fail me.

:headbang:
Sheesh http://www.solvemysudoku.com/
Come on ,cheat God damn it :P

imperium3
x3tc

Post by imperium3 » Sat, 1. May 10, 12:42

I loved the sudoku, it took me the whole day (with X in background) to figure it out because it was a really fiendish one, but the sense of satisfaction is unrivalled.

Paranoid66
x3tc

Post by Paranoid66 » Sat, 1. May 10, 12:46

Sadly my PC at home is not online and if you have to cheat your way out of the pain that kind of says it all. I was hoping for space related challenges.

A well designed plot would be a challenge but at least make enough sense that lots of people would not feel compelled to look up a walkthrough.

To be honest I only came on line to share my pain at my annoyance with yet another bad - X - plot.

Even ignoring the puzzles I just found the whole thing - infantile - not requiring so much the suspension of disbelief as having myself lobotomised.

OK I am getting a bit old and cranky but for some odd reason I was looking forward to doing this one.

EDIT: The thing is I get the feeling that Suduko is like - marmite - love or hate and so not really appropriate as a plot stopper.
Last edited by Paranoid66 on Sat, 1. May 10, 12:48, edited 1 time in total.

98.8 percent sure that anyone who is 100 percent certain needs re-educating for the sake of humanity.

amtct
x3ap

Post by amtct » Sat, 1. May 10, 12:48

Paranoid66 wrote:I was hoping for space related challenges.
Look behind the sudoku window ,you'll see space,soo it is space related :roll:

Paranoid66
x3tc

Post by Paranoid66 » Sat, 1. May 10, 12:53

^^^ Reminds me of the writers idea that soap with laser guns in it becomes science fiction aka the original V. Something seriously wrong with that sort of thinking.

amtct
x3ap

Post by amtct » Sat, 1. May 10, 13:01

Paranoid66 wrote:^^^ Reminds me of the writers idea that soap with laser guns in it becomes science fiction aka the original V. Something seriously wrong with that sort of thinking.
Soap with laser guns ...mmm ,good idea for a Titan front turret :D

N4N
x3tc

Post by N4N » Sat, 1. May 10, 17:20

Hey guis, im just in the begining, when they trold me to jump to fredoms Reach with unfucused jumpdrive the goner gave to me, but thats just a lot of bullsxxx, The goner only gave to me the Trueligth seeker, a ship, thats all :evil:
So how can i continue?

Also im not in the mood of doing this quest now :roll: , in which point can i stop doing quest and leave it aside?

Scarecrow
x4

Post by Scarecrow » Sat, 1. May 10, 17:32

The UFJD is in your sidebar.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Sat, 1. May 10, 17:47

N4N wrote:Hey guis, im just in the begining, when they trold me to jump to fredoms Reach with unfucused jumpdrive the goner gave to me, but thats just a lot of bullsxxx, The goner only gave to me the Trueligth seeker, a ship, thats all :evil:

http://www.egosoft.com/support/faq/faq_ ... &version=9

Reimu Hakurei
x3tc

Post by Reimu Hakurei » Sat, 1. May 10, 19:29

Bill Huntington wrote:The sector I got (Xaar) has Niv asteroids, large and small, and good ore and silicon asteroids. It looks nice to.
I took the liberty of saving beforehand and looked at them all. Twisted Skies is pretty unique with a really nice ringed planet(!)

N4N
x3tc

Post by N4N » Sat, 1. May 10, 22:05

Carlo the Curious wrote:
N4N wrote:Hey guis, im just in the begining, when they trold me to jump to fredoms Reach with unfucused jumpdrive the goner gave to me, but thats just a lot of bullsxxx, The goner only gave to me the Trueligth seeker, a ship, thats all :evil:

http://www.egosoft.com/support/faq/faq_ ... &version=9
Oh I see, thx, but I dont remmeber the goner people told me about the Unfocused jumdrive or anything :roll:

Anyway, going back to the topic, when they asked me if I can help them to go to dannas chance, Can I reject and get quest later or not possible?

dAkshEN3
x3tc

Post by dAkshEN3 » Sat, 1. May 10, 23:49

Reimu Hakurei wrote:
Bill Huntington wrote:The sector I got (Xaar) has Niv asteroids, large and small, and good ore and silicon asteroids. It looks nice to.
I took the liberty of saving beforehand and looked at them all. Twisted Skies is pretty unique with a really nice ringed planet(!)
Lol, i picked Guiding Star and halfway there i thought, 'bleh, i shoulda saved and tried them all'.

Problem was my last save was quite a while previously and i couldnt be bothered to redo it all.

Oh well, Guiding Star still looks pretty cool.
Andon-Grey Corporation, Spires of Elusion
"Investors in gratuitous amounts of profit!"

N4N
x3tc

Post by N4N » Sun, 2. May 10, 13:26

When I ger message of this quest, if you say: no im busy.

Will you get message again in future or you will never have the chance of doing this quest again? :?

If not, exactly at which moment of the quest, can you Freeze it for an unlimited amount of time?

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sun, 2. May 10, 14:18

dAkshEN3 wrote:Oh well, Guiding Star still looks pretty cool.
You might be pleased to know that
Spoiler
Show
Guiding Star has the highest effective yield of asteroids - worth a complex of ~70 S Weapon Factories (inc. food) with ~20k excess EC production.
However...
Spoiler
Show
The other sectors are worth at worst a complex of ~67 S Weapon Factories (inc. food) with ~5k excess EC production
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

XanII
x4

Post by XanII » Sun, 2. May 10, 20:31

I am almost ready to give up.

I am going to change TM (currently a Caravel and Pirate Eclipse) and see if something changes. i have now attempted to trigger the station docking in vain. i just cannot get it.

I can attack the ships and kill them all. Nothing.
There is always every single time i approach the station a respawn that happens right where i am making my ship collide and take damage. if i survive that enemies will be right behind me and spam with poltergeists. Fine, if i can survive that then there is just the station and no attackers.
Then i just float around and wait for the message to dock - nope, doesnt come but a new wave of fighters come.

Is there any way to get rid of this piece of garbage from your mission list once you have started? this is not even funny anymore.
X3:TC Heavy M6 guide : : : Let's pretend you are an addict, lets pretend that you are a X-games player... but i am repeating myself here.

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Sun, 2. May 10, 20:44

I jumped into Freedom's Reach 108km above the station in a OTAS TM, with spitfyre docked. Not wanting to risk the station I quickly switched over the the spitfyre and charged in at 452m/s while keeping the TM moveing to a point about 6km above the station. By the time I finished chaseing down all the attacking ships near the station the TM was in place and I had the next objective. Docked spitfyre back in the TM, then docked the TM at the station and everything went smooth....untill I got to the puzzle part.
[X3] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots
[X3T] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots in Terran Conflict

The mercenary code
There is no right or wrong.
There is no good or evil.
There is only the will of the client, and how much they're paying.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sun, 2. May 10, 20:54

I used an OTAS TM with the X-Shuttle docked and 50 Keris Drones in each. Jumped into the X-Shuttle, dumped the drones near the station as I buzzed past it, and told them to attack all enemies, flew back to the TM, picked up another 50 Drones, repeated the buzz+drop, returned to the TM and flew to the station... by the time I had got there in the fully upgraded TM I had received the dock at station message.
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

XanII
x4

Post by XanII » Sun, 2. May 10, 20:59

Those are good tips. got to try that. In a OTAS TM myself now but the mission was apparently aborted when i jumped out. I guess that is a good thing. atleast it wont be hanging in the mission screen if it gets unbeatable.
X3:TC Heavy M6 guide : : : Let's pretend you are an addict, lets pretend that you are a X-games player... but i am repeating myself here.

Spitzeuk
x3tc

Post by Spitzeuk » Sun, 2. May 10, 21:30

Spoiler
Show
For me buying the sector is priced at just over 56 million intead of the 333 million this guide states it as. What prices are everyone else getting?

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”