[TC] New Home Plot Walkthrough

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Allan F
x3ap

Post by Allan F » Fri, 30. Apr 10, 00:06

Don't go into Freedoms Reach and THEN use the UFJD. Stay in Danna's Chance and make some UFJD jumps there.
Maverick: Requesting permission for flyby.
Air Boss Johnson: That's a negative ghostrider, the pattern is full.
Goose: No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.
Maverick: Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz a Split.
Split: Split now give you .... Aaaarrriiiigh.

AjRyder
x3ap

Post by AjRyder » Fri, 30. Apr 10, 00:06

Kor'ah wrote:*Note to self*

Make a manual save before going anywhere near the mission chain's starting point. Seems like a good idea to share that thought.
Lol I have done that and it has still not worked yet I hope they patch this soon. :lol:
Star Trek Phase II watch new episodes now at

http://www.startreknewvoyages.com

My computer is fast very very fast ;)

Follow me on Twitter @Formula1Dragon

StarTroll
x4

Post by StarTroll » Fri, 30. Apr 10, 00:08

if you mean to get INTO Freedom's Reach for the first time, I started with a Boa + 2xBlastclaws Prototype and 2xFalcon Sentinels, and didi about 2 UFJD and got around 108Km from the center of FR.

But what I said earlier is for the next part, so if you're not there yet...sorry, you got spoiled one very tiny bit. (though you seem to be at the #eefa part)
SCUM : They may exceed you in number, but not in value.

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Waiting.

Post by Bill Huntington » Fri, 30. Apr 10, 03:48

Okay, it's only a few days into New Home being here, but I need to ask. I've made it back to Freedom's with #efaa, I'm in comm range 19 km, I'm stopped. I've got a message "Play or die".

Now nothing, for a long time. I can do empire maintenance for a while, if I should just wait. I reloaded once already. The New Home Guide says that codebreaking should be happening about now.

Do I just wait to be contacted?? Thank you.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

StarTroll
x4

Post by StarTroll » Fri, 30. Apr 10, 04:17

normally if you get near the #cefa enough (I'd say around 20km) you receive some message and seconds later a window pops up to crack the system.

Retiredman
x3ap

Post by Retiredman » Fri, 30. Apr 10, 05:07

One note..

I was in Freedom's Reach when I tried to do the UFJD..
I ended in Thy's Abyss on the back jump.
And like above it wouldn't let me show up in the right sector.
Then I remember that the Boron knew of the efaa sector, so I went to Menalaus Oasis and tried it a few times there. I was sucessful after the 5th jump.

Kor'ah
x4

Re: Waiting.

Post by Kor'ah » Fri, 30. Apr 10, 06:04

Bill Huntington wrote:Okay, it's only a few days into New Home being here, but I need to ask. I've made it back to Freedom's with #efaa, I'm in comm range 19 km, I'm stopped. I've got a message "Play or die".

I have almost the same problem. Parked at a dead stop 19km away. I was at least able to get the four digit code cracked, failing the first try. Now nothing. No updates to the mission details. No second puzzle. No new comm messages. Not a peep from #effa. It just me, and two unballanced CPU ships hanging out here makeing funny faces at eachother.

Fracking toasters shouldn't be thinking in the first place, buts that is another topic.
[X3] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots
[X3T] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots in Terran Conflict

The mercenary code
There is no right or wrong.
There is no good or evil.
There is only the will of the client, and how much they're paying.

Poobah
x3tc

Re: Waiting.

Post by Poobah » Fri, 30. Apr 10, 06:25

Kor'ah wrote: Fracking toasters
:D
Lead me not into temptation,
For I can find the way myself!

Merdocharr
x4

Post by Merdocharr » Fri, 30. Apr 10, 08:14

How about adding a note for what happens when you don't have that much money, does it wait or does it have a time limit. This plot can be done pretty early, say a few days into the game and by then the 400M credits is a lot of money.
Cargo bay now contains... Xenon P

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Fri, 30. Apr 10, 09:24

Merdocharr wrote:How about adding a note for what happens when you don't have that much money, does it wait or does it have a time limit. This plot can be done pretty early, say a few days into the game and by then the 400M credits is a lot of money.
I believe there is ONLY 3 parts of this mission chain that have time aspects to them and they are minimums not maximums (delays between stages). But I do not believe that there are any consequences for leaving a mission segment for a long time to do other stuff.

It has been quite comprehensively play tested by various members of this community. I am surprised about the mission hanging after cracking the first firewall, but I must admit I believe most of the testing community moved into range and then stopped the ship while it was still in range.

BTW the 1st Firewall is solvable in 10 guesses MAX if you use the correct approach.

Hint:
Spoiler
Show
Universal algorithm for solving Mastermind puzzles:-
1. First identify what numbers are present (achievable in no more than 5 guesses)
2. Then identify possible position (achievable using 2 guesses)
3. Finally guess the code based on this knowledge (should be doeable in the 3 guesses remaining - will probably take 1 or 2 guesses on average)
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Fri, 30. Apr 10, 09:51

I did solve my problem. If it fails to give the puzzle within about a minute just recross the 25km line around the CPU ship. There is a trigger at that distance, or maybe slightly closer, that'll get things back on track.

Oh, and it's just like a teladi to extort the person that saved his scaly butt. If he's still on that station when I'm done with this he'll become very familar with the term "Tomahawk Diplomacy".

Last thing just to give everyone a chuckle. Several months ago (september?) I built a rather large hammer/flail complex in that unknown sector by zyarth's dominion. That was a fun trip. :oops:
[X3] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots
[X3T] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots in Terran Conflict

The mercenary code
There is no right or wrong.
There is no good or evil.
There is only the will of the client, and how much they're paying.

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Waiting again. ???

Post by Bill Huntington » Fri, 30. Apr 10, 10:44

I reloaded a few times in different ways, and the codebreaking thing finally came up. I was ready to download 2.6 again, figuring I didn't have a good patch. Just before I did that, the message screen popped up. ???

I entered the Sudoku, there was a message "Second level solved" or similiar, and now nothing. I'll just reload a few times, and I expect it will be okay. I glad I saved before that. So this program is just finicky, I guess.

Thanks for the help!
Last edited by Bill Huntington on Sat, 1. May 10, 00:38, edited 1 time in total.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

Spychotic
x3tc

Post by Spychotic » Fri, 30. Apr 10, 12:24

Updated to include the feedback to date; check again for answers to previously postef questions.

Spike
Check out the X3 Wiki!

Struggling with a plotline? Spike's Walkthroughs are your answer!

Whether you're building your first factory or a trading empire, this station management guide was made just for you.

swgoddard
xr

Post by swgoddard » Fri, 30. Apr 10, 12:33

AjRyder wrote: I have jumped about 20 times already saving and reloading as I just get blown to bits. :headbang:
Well I just poked my head in Freedoms Reach in my M3 quickly and flew straight back out to Danna's Chance.

Then I hopped in my boa-TM that was waiting for me and flew just around the back of the southern gate still in Danna's Chance.

Used the UFJD and on my 4th jump I ended up in the middle of Freedoms Reach not far from the station.

Give it a try. :)

XanII
x4

Post by XanII » Fri, 30. Apr 10, 12:49

Just how do you pick up the people from the station? i wreck the fighters poundig on the station. Fine.

I send the TM to dock. It dies.
I dock the TM myself. nothing happens. If i make space for people nothing happens. If i eject cells before docking so i got room for 100 people nothing happens. Got the cargo life support system. Then the enemies respawn and start to whack the TM while it is still docked.

It seems to me i am missing the 'invitation' to dock. Just how can you trigger that?

This is soo horribly broken again. At this stage all i can do is laugh. :D
X3:TC Heavy M6 guide : : : Let's pretend you are an addict, lets pretend that you are a X-games player... but i am repeating myself here.

StarTroll
x4

Post by StarTroll » Fri, 30. Apr 10, 13:16

to me the invitation to dock happened while I still had a 1/3 of ennemy forces to eliminate, so maybe some kind of timer or just some luck I saw no problem during any part of this plot.

Terre
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Terre » Fri, 30. Apr 10, 14:27

StarTroll wrote:to me the invitation to dock happened while I still had a 1/3 of ennemy forces to eliminate, so maybe some kind of timer or just some luck I saw no problem during any part of this plot.
The player need only destroy three of those craft attacking the trading station before being invited to dock their TM.

Merdocharr
x4

Post by Merdocharr » Fri, 30. Apr 10, 16:52

But I do not believe that there are any consequences for leaving a mission segment for a long time to do other stuff.
I thought so, but confirming never hurts :). The "First one to claim gets the sector" gave some doubt in the matter. Thanks, Roger.
Cargo bay now contains... Xenon P

Spychotic
x3tc

Post by Spychotic » Fri, 30. Apr 10, 17:29

Terre wrote:
StarTroll wrote:to me the invitation to dock happened while I still had a 1/3 of ennemy forces to eliminate, so maybe some kind of timer or just some luck I saw no problem during any part of this plot.
The player need only destroy three of those craft attacking the trading station before being invited to dock their TM.
I got the message after three fighters too. Have updated the walkthrough to let people know.

Spike
Check out the X3 Wiki!

Struggling with a plotline? Spike's Walkthroughs are your answer!

Whether you're building your first factory or a trading empire, this station management guide was made just for you.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Fri, 30. Apr 10, 18:21

Merdocharr wrote:The "First one to claim gets the sector" gave some doubt in the matter. Thanks, Roger.
This is true fiction wise, as the only one that actually knows about this is the Teladi dude, he will reveal his secret for a fair amount, since you saved his station and the people on it.
Note: 'fair' in Teladi terms :roll:

MFG

Ketraar

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”