[Discussion] X3TC+AP Bonus Package

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

MojoFlow
x3ap

Post by MojoFlow » Wed, 17. Nov 10, 18:37

If I install the bonus pack in my Steam version of the game, will I still be able to get achievements?

I couldn't find an answer to this anywhere.

If 'yes', is there other scripts I can use and still get achievements, or do the install need to stay completely 'vanilla'.

Cheers!!

apella
x3tc

Post by apella » Fri, 14. Jan 11, 10:55

you can install these, but no others.
Else, your savegame will be tagged ***modified*** and you can't get the achievements through a modified save.

Razorwind
x3tc

Post by Razorwind » Fri, 14. Jan 11, 11:00

There are some other mods that dont give you the modified, like the no tubes mod. I think there is a list somewhere with the ones that dont give you *modified* tag. You get this tag when certain files in your X3 folder is changed, which (as the above poster said) makes you unable to get achievements

Rogue
x3tc

Post by Rogue » Fri, 14. Jan 11, 11:48

Razorwind wrote:There are some other mods that dont give you the modified, like the no tubes mod. I think there is a list somewhere with the ones that dont give you *modified* tag. You get this tag when certain files in your X3 folder is changed, which (as the above poster said) makes you unable to get achievements
Handy to know. I might have to look those up, the tubeless complex mod if nothing else would make my life alot easier.

When I go IS at my hub resourcing sector it's only a matter of time before one of the AI controlled ships derps itself to death.

NB: Found it: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=278257
Knock knock. Who's there? Zerg Rushhhhhhhhhhhh!
"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast" - Ace Rimmer
[ external image ]

john1957

Post by john1957 » Thu, 17. Mar 11, 10:27

i have upgraded to bonus pack but cant by stations my rep is high enough please help

_Zap_
x3ap

Post by _Zap_ » Thu, 17. Mar 11, 12:11

by? buy?

and you have not only the rep but the money and a TL/hired TL docked at the yard? I doubt the BP changes the station buy-stuff, so maybe a new topic...

btw, some minimal punctuation and grammar would be nice.
Great DiD-based Story:
Prodigal Son - Cooperative Storytelling by Scion Drakhar

_Devin_
x3tc

Post by _Devin_ » Fri, 13. May 11, 20:07

Eh... Well, I'm a noob to this X3:TC stuff. I bought it yesterday, but I'm getting by; me and my learn-quick ability. ;) The friend who suggested this game to me also said to pick up the Bonus Pack, the whole CAG thing would help me immensely(I picked Humble Merchant. I like the trading side of things.) and that CAGs would greatly help me.

However, I installed the Bonus Pack(Store retail, not Steam retail) to the TC directory and all that jazz. Works fine. The game starts up, and I can continue where I left off - except the sound doesn't work. Not the sound sound, but the people-talking sound. Like the description voice annoying-monotous sound, or when you're docked at a station, a computer talks - Comms, etc. All of the speaking portions don't work. And my Auto-pilot/dock-at feature won't work. Anyone have any ideas/help?

- Noob question is noob.

EDIT: The Game's soundtrack also is missing, along with the pictures that go along with the "Loading" screen. You know, the pretty ones? Yeah. It's a black screen, now. :/

I assume I did something wrong with the DL, but, I'm clueless.

Uninstalled the mod. Problem persists. I'm now worried I may have to uninstall and reinstall the game. >.>

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Fri, 13. May 11, 21:04

Before you install the Bonus Pack, did you update X3TC to 3.1?

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Sun, 15. May 11, 16:49

have a steam version 3.1 TC and bonus package, CAG and CLS work but I dont have a turboboost hotkey in the controls menu! :?

Hubert99
x3tc

Post by Hubert99 » Sun, 15. May 11, 18:12

Just browse through all menus and tabs, it's there.
Thereshallbewings

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Sun, 15. May 11, 18:46

no its not, I looked every tab and menu

and dont at the launcher page where I can see what version is the game,
below is bonus package indicator???

I mean on my game its not there and I think I remeber it was before ( I did a format so had to reinstall ) :?

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Sun, 15. May 11, 18:58

Buzz2005 wrote:no its not, I looked every tab and menu

and dont at the launcher page where I can see what version is the game,

I mean on my game its not there and I think I remeber it was before ( I did a format so had to reinstall ) :?
The Turbo boost key is in the control option menu. It is disabled by default, so you have to assign a key for it.

When you reformat the disk, you should have saved a copy of the profile and re-activate it when you load your save games after the re-install.

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Sun, 15. May 11, 20:02

Buzz2005 wrote:dont at the launcher page where I can see what version is the game,
I don't think so. Don't remember there ever being a bonus pack number on the start-up screen :?

Tim
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Mon, 16. May 11, 10:39

nope there is no turboboost hotkey in my options anywhere

:evil:

what do I do now :?

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Mon, 16. May 11, 19:46

Buzz2005 wrote:nope there is no turboboost hotkey in my options anywhere

:evil:

what do I do now :?
Uninstall the Bonus Pack, and re-install it. Make sure that you specify the correct Egosoft/X3TC directory.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 16. May 11, 19:56

_Devin_ wrote:Eh... Well, I'm a noob to this X3:TC stuff. I bought it yesterday, but I'm getting by; me and my learn-quick ability. ;) The friend who suggested this game to me also said to pick up the Bonus Pack, the whole CAG thing would help me immensely(I picked Humble Merchant. I like the trading side of things.) and that CAGs would greatly help me.

However, I installed the Bonus Pack(Store retail, not Steam retail) to the TC directory and all that jazz. Works fine. The game starts up, and I can continue where I left off - except the sound doesn't work. Not the sound sound, but the people-talking sound. Like the description voice annoying-monotous sound, or when you're docked at a station, a computer talks - Comms, etc. All of the speaking portions don't work. And my Auto-pilot/dock-at feature won't work. Anyone have any ideas/help?

- Noob question is noob.

EDIT: The Game's soundtrack also is missing, along with the pictures that go along with the "Loading" screen. You know, the pretty ones? Yeah. It's a black screen, now. :/

I assume I did something wrong with the DL, but, I'm clueless.

Uninstalled the mod. Problem persists. I'm now worried I may have to uninstall and reinstall the game. >.>
First, do the uninstall/reinstall, including the Bonus Pack. Make sure you fully update the game to version 3.1 before starting the game for the first time to avoid any DRM issues. If that doesn't work, you should start a thread in the TC Tech Support forum, supplying the required information as listed in the top sticky there.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

jiman
x3tc

Post by jiman » Mon, 30. May 11, 20:26

Will any new mods or scripts be added to this list?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 30. May 11, 20:35

Very unlikey.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

greypanther
x3ap

Post by greypanther » Sun, 12. Jun 11, 22:43

I have the no tubes and no fog mods added. Do I need to remove them before installing the bonus pack, then put them back re named? :)

Thanks jlehtone.
Last edited by greypanther on Mon, 13. Jun 11, 01:01, edited 2 times in total.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 12. Jun 11, 22:59

Bonuspack has only script files. Those mods redefine data files. There should be no conflicts at all.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”