[Discussion] X3TC+AP Bonus Package

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

jlehtone
x4

[Discussion] X3TC+AP Bonus Package

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 27. Apr 10, 15:27

This is the place for generic discussion, feedback, and questions about the X3TC Bonus Package.

Each script naturally has its own dedicated thread. See the Bonuspack index.

Edit: Version 4.1.01 has been released 2010-06-02.
Last edited by jlehtone on Wed, 2. Jun 10, 21:26, edited 2 times in total.

BeidAmmikon
x3tc

Post by BeidAmmikon » Tue, 27. Apr 10, 17:24

Thank you for the update and bonus pack, I appreciate all the hard work that's been put into them, hired developers and community alike. Congratulations!
And many thanks for bundling those scripts in one package, especially the CLS ones continue to prove very useful.

Any chance to enrich the Bonus Pack in the future? I'd very much like to see the Galactic News System or something like that, a script which creates dynamic news. Without an impression that some type of communication is going on between NPCs, the X Universe remains less than it could be. For now, those "Media" ships are there for colouring the landscape only.
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against Principalities, against Powers,
against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Tue, 27. Apr 10, 17:31

For inclusion in bonus packs, the scripts have to be submitted by their authors so you would do better to post suggestions in the script threads over in S&M. I'd have loved to see Cycrow's boarding hotkey included, but it has been updated with a lot of new features which I suspect may prevent it getting included, anyway :(

I find CAG remarkably useful. I used it on my first time with X3TC anyway. This time I'm playing vanilla so have been looking forward to this. Set things up a bit differently to how I normally play, so will probably have a use for CLS this time, as well :)

Tim
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

cattafett
x3tc

Post by cattafett » Tue, 27. Apr 10, 18:05

if i should ask over in S&M sorry but do the bonus packs scripts still work with the other scripts of Lucike and do i need to remove the unsigned before i add the bonus pack

catta
those UFOs you hear about are just what you tried to explaine to me going over my head
Advanced Complex-Hub you know you need it Catta Fett's D.O.G.S Vanilla safe mod collectionyou don't need them but you want them
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings

eldyranx3
xr

Post by eldyranx3 » Tue, 27. Apr 10, 18:16

Dont get me wrong, having CAG's again really helps my current game, but I was hoping for more signed content than whats been included so far. CLS, CAG, and Turbo booster are all helpful, but its nothing new from X3R.

I know the old argument: Get out there and create some! Considering Ive only modified an existing script, which still has the same glitch despite three versions, I doubt anything I'd write would pass Egosoft Quality Standards anytime soon :roll:

I'd really like to see some of the stations fixed myself (Ion Fabs producing Tracking Mines, I'm looking at YOU).

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Tue, 27. Apr 10, 18:19

The bonus pack should work with unsigned scripts, but for that you will need to check in the S&M thread. As to whether you need to uninstall any unsigned version before installing the signed version of the same script, I would think that you shouldn't need to, but it could possibly cause issues if the unsigned has some functionality that the signed doesn't.

Sorry - not much help. You may do better asking that in the S&M thread as well. Or the thread for the bonus pack version...

Tim

Darrosquall
x4

Post by Darrosquall » Tue, 27. Apr 10, 18:36

does it work on steam?

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Tue, 27. Apr 10, 18:40

Yes - although you might need to tell the installer where the folder is.

shadowpho

Post by shadowpho » Tue, 27. Apr 10, 18:47

I was hoping for more interesting scripts, like "race wars" or "sectors take over" or "galactic news"... :/

Magnu
xr

Post by Magnu » Tue, 27. Apr 10, 18:58

Nice one. Thanks to all involved.

Technojerk36
xr

Post by Technojerk36 » Tue, 27. Apr 10, 19:42

Carlo the Curious wrote:Yes - although you might need to tell the installer where the folder is.
What? Are you saying STEAM doesn't automatically download the BP?
My "for Dummies" guides: Trade Command Software Mk III | Advanced Satellites | X3: TC (Co-author: K-64) | SETA Repair
Xenon_Slayer wrote:maybe we'll have extreme weather pingpong at some point

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Tue, 27. Apr 10, 20:14

Technojerk36 wrote:Are you saying STEAM doesn't automatically download the BP?
Nope. It's bonus material, not a game patch. You'll need to download it yourself (AIUI).

Tim

Tycow
x4

Post by Tycow » Tue, 27. Apr 10, 20:34

FYI, when I downloaded the Bonus Pack, it automatically located my steam X3TC installation.

Obviously, may differ for you guys! :D

Technojerk36
xr

Post by Technojerk36 » Tue, 27. Apr 10, 20:45

Same thing happened with me. Doesn't matter, I checked and it works! :D I built a mosquito missile fab in commemoration of the event. Didn't get an achievement though :(
My "for Dummies" guides: Trade Command Software Mk III | Advanced Satellites | X3: TC (Co-author: K-64) | SETA Repair
Xenon_Slayer wrote:maybe we'll have extreme weather pingpong at some point

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 27. Apr 10, 21:48

Ok, we have an issue. :shock: The auto-rename function of CAG and CLS is apparently not properly signed. Using that function turns on the ***Modified***.

I hope there will be a quick fix for that.

Incubi
xr

Re: [Discussion] X3TC Bonus Package

Post by Incubi » Tue, 27. Apr 10, 21:57

jlehtone wrote: Important notice: The Automatic Naming option in this version of the CAG and CLS scripts turns on the ***Modified*** flag. So don't use this function for now. We are hunting down the volunteer testers, who did not voluntee for this detail. :twisted:
So glad I saw this lol. I was about to do this even, as in within the next couple of minutes.

N4N
x3tc

Post by N4N » Tue, 27. Apr 10, 23:16

bah, I have modified tag anyway, so im going to the pool!!!!

Thanks egosoft and forum people for the patch and the bonus pack!

Abaws
x4

Post by Abaws » Tue, 27. Apr 10, 23:57

jlehtone wrote:Ok, we have an issue. :shock: The auto-rename function of CAG and CLS is apparently not properly signed. Using that function turns on the ***Modified***.

How does that work with steam? does the bonus pack get installed with the auto-update? Cause im confused on how to revert to older versions with steam.(hope my PC isn't on so I can turn off those automatic updates :D)

Threesixtyci
x4

Post by Threesixtyci » Wed, 28. Apr 10, 00:01

Technojerk36 wrote:Same thing happened with me. Doesn't matter, I checked and it works! :D I built a mosquito missile fab in commemoration of the event. Didn't get an achievement though :(
Why would you get an achievement? From what I understand achievements for Steam won't be rewarded, until after the 2.6 patch. Or was it released at the same time.... what do you know it is. Hmm, think maybe you have to start a new game for the achievements?
Abaws wrote:
jlehtone wrote:Ok, we have an issue. :shock: The auto-rename function of CAG and CLS is apparently not properly signed. Using that function turns on the ***Modified***.

How does that work with steam? does the bonus pack get installed with the auto-update? Cause im confused on how to revert to older versions with steam.(hope my PC isn't on so I can turn off those automatic updates :D)
I imagine the Bonus patch won't be updated by steam. But even if it does, you have to configure the script to allow the names to be changed. So, you shouldn't get that modified tag unless you configure the CAG to mod the names. At least, that's how I'm reading the warning.

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=275924

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Wed, 28. Apr 10, 00:35

The achievements should be awarded in an existing game, but (AIUI) only if you pass that point after installing v2.6 thru steam. In other words, I'd have expected building a station to get you the achievement for having built a station, but if you've already completed the hub, you'll have to start again and complete it again to get that achievement.

Tim

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”