Newbie Guide to Making Money Through Trading

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

pjknibbs
x4

Re: Thanks for the reply

Post by pjknibbs » Mon, 1. Mar 04, 15:00

Aziraphale wrote:OK.

What's up then? Has the prices been changed with the patches then? I'm running v1.2 and I'm certain I haven't seen the same ranges as reported in this thread. Nor for energy cells. The ranges I've seen go from 6 to 26, not from 9 to 23.

Not that I mind. I was just wondering is all. :wink:
In that case you're not running 1.2. The prices for energy cells were changed after 1.0 to help make solar power plants less ludicrously profitable.

Aziraphale
x3tc

Post by Aziraphale » Mon, 1. Mar 04, 15:12

Oh! I guess that explains it. I'll go patch then. Thanks! :roll:

Creston
x3tc

Post by Creston » Wed, 3. Mar 04, 23:48

Aziraphale wrote:Does game difficulty has any bearing on the min/max price of the different produces?

Because in my trading (been plying the lanes for a good 10 hours now, on and off) I have never encountered anywhere where they're willing to pay more than 592 for a unit of silicium, even if the factory in question is totally out of the resource.
And on the flipside, even if the silicium mine is full, it won't part with its produce for less than 414 a unit.

What's up? :?
Also, make sure you're selling it to a factory that's got it as a primary resource. I'm not 100% sure on this, but it seems that they won't pay as much, and won't stock as much, of an item if it's a secondary resource as opposed to a primary resource.

Creston

Black_Shade

Post by Black_Shade » Thu, 4. Mar 04, 00:47

nm.... Route 2 works great, ty for help!

Creston
x3tc

Post by Creston » Sun, 7. Mar 04, 02:31

I'm gonna bump this, since the Search Function is disabled. Hope nobody minds.

Creston

manniac
x2

Post by manniac » Sun, 7. Mar 04, 18:07

I dunno how u guys mine, but i mine extremly fast. example: i turn a roid to bits, had my tag team collect it, and while he collects a 25 yield, i manually travel, drill and fully collect 2 more 25 yields...
Basically, in same game time u travel with a dolphin with your sillicon load (game time, i dont spend too much on seta), i get 2-3 silicon loads (208) for free, in same time....
With this tactic, i'm still in day 2, and i completely wiped out sizewell, ore belt and 1/2 of ronkar clouds, 1st roid i killed in sizewell hasnt respawned yet....
Great job on the guid though, i like it, prolly is a good way to start your extreme difficulty game :)

stefan43
x2

Post by stefan43 » Sat, 13. Mar 04, 17:51

i'm SOO sorry to be SOO noob 8)

but: what are SPP's????

greetz stefan43

stefan43
x2

Post by stefan43 » Sat, 13. Mar 04, 17:55

STUPID...

SPP = Solar Power Plant :roll: :oops:

darn... i'm happy i found out myself :wink:

greetz stefan43

Creston
x3tc

Post by Creston » Sat, 13. Mar 04, 21:44

manniac wrote:I dunno how u guys mine, but i mine extremly fast. example: i turn a roid to bits, had my tag team collect it, and while he collects a 25 yield, i manually travel, drill and fully collect 2 more 25 yields...
Basically, in same game time u travel with a dolphin with your sillicon load (game time, i dont spend too much on seta), i get 2-3 silicon loads (208) for free, in same time....
With this tactic, i'm still in day 2, and i completely wiped out sizewell, ore belt and 1/2 of ronkar clouds, 1st roid i killed in sizewell hasnt respawned yet....
Great job on the guid though, i like it, prolly is a good way to start your extreme difficulty game :)
Manniac,

I won't deny that mobile mining is a very profitable source of income, however, the startup costs are MANY times that of simply trading. You need a ship capable of mounting a mining drill, that drill, two ships to haul stuff around for you, preferably with maximized cargo spaces (unless you buy TPs for that duty, they come maximized), and you're easily looking at around 700k before you can get started.

Also, without a jumpdrive, the time it takes you to go from your mining sector to a place where you can sell the silicon can take awhile. I think mobile mining really gets into its own once you get a TL. After about three hours of mining in Barren Shores, I'd made about 4 million credits. But then, even so, it's nowhere near the money you can make capping. :)

Obviously, trading silicon isn't the best way to make money, but it's an excellent way to get some capital in the bank at the very early stages.

Stefan, yep, Solar Power Plants. :)

Creston

twilight_echoes
x3tc

Post by twilight_echoes » Sat, 13. Mar 04, 21:55

*bump*

Fantastic post!!! Wish Id done this starting out.

Starwind301

Post by Starwind301 » Sun, 14. Mar 04, 00:38

tahnks that will help alot creston :D

Starwind301

Post by Starwind301 » Sun, 14. Mar 04, 00:38

dammit i meant thanxs

Squeeky
x2

It works

Post by Squeeky » Sun, 14. Mar 04, 10:04

Creston-Obviously, trading silicon isn't the best way to make money, but it's an excellent way to get some capital in the bank at the very early stages.

Well lets see i tried all 3 ways in the first week SPP,M mining, and the silicon.The spp got me a manta and mecury.I kept the discoverer to which lead to a T vulture got me Mobile mining .Those 3 in turn got me a dolphin fully upgraded(trading silicon-trck is timing) in 2 days i bought a fully stocked nova.So that 4 freighters(all fully upgraded),1 nova,1 discoverer,1 factory,-in 5 days.Sounds like the hard way eh?Creston your post is a noobie life saver. :D

iniochos
x4

Post by iniochos » Sun, 14. Mar 04, 11:13

A vet at X-Series here.
But a noobie at X2
@ Creston
I will follow your instructions with little a bit of mine.
Thanks for your effort, again :D

Squeeky
x2

Post by Squeeky » Mon, 15. Mar 04, 13:05

BUMP :lol:

sempai(be)
x2

Post by sempai(be) » Mon, 22. Mar 04, 18:26

Kinda found out myself that the "silicontrade" was much more profitable then the much hyped "energy cell trade".

Just bought the game on Friday so have a lot of trading to do.

Nice to see that someone made the effort to write everything down.
Thanks Creston.

Creston
x3tc

Post by Creston » Wed, 24. Mar 04, 02:36

Glad you all enjoyed it. :)

Creston

ClaumaniC

Post by ClaumaniC » Sat, 3. Apr 04, 19:57

it's a real helper.like silicon mining. :P :lol:
[A fresh start]

CarlosTheCactus
x2

Post by CarlosTheCactus » Sun, 18. Apr 04, 11:16

I'm going to give this a try later today but with a slight twist.

I have two silion mines in Ore Belt currently with one Pirate Ship selling the wares of both withing 2 jumps (so they don't stray into Presidents End). I'll see how many credits / hour you can make combining you own mines with the dolphin / jump drive method and will report back to the forum later this week (I have lots of work to do for univeristy so can't spend as much time as I would like X2ing).

Also, please excuse my stupidity, what does it mean to "*bump*" in a forum??

Carlos.

Telekoe
x4

Post by Telekoe » Sun, 16. May 04, 21:44

Goeie gids .
Ik heb een link naar hier gelegd in de nederlandstalige site .

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”