Dead is Dead (DiD) and other After Action Report (AAR) threads

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Mon, 22. Feb 10, 17:58

Well said.

Generally the sticky saying look here before posting should rule out what all the forums are for. A list of DiD's should also be in the guide section as thats what many people see them as guides.

Unless someone can consider a better option I think this is the only way we can really keep them in the X-Uni forum.
NUKLEAR-SLUG wrote:
TheJakal wrote:Could we not just post in here when we have a new one going or a big update or something. i mean like not post in here all the time but just occasionally. This would mean that newcomers see the thread and hopefully read it and it would negate the need of a sticky.

Cheers

89James89
Cluttering the main forum with links to other threads elsewhere fairly defeats the point of moving the other threads in the first place, so not really, no.

RyuKazuha
x3tc

Post by RyuKazuha » Mon, 22. Feb 10, 18:01

Using this or >one< other thread to keep DiDs in the mind of the main forum wouldn't clutter it, as there's only one thread. After all we wouldn't post Creative Content in it, but discuss one method of playing the game wich would be a thread for the X-Universe (or at least the spoiler-forum).

The decision was to keep the X-Universe free of to many DiDs, not to bury everything regarding the topic in the CU, iirc.

Rive
x3tc

Post by Rive » Mon, 22. Feb 10, 18:05

Well, if it's about to keep clean the X-Uni forum AND/BUT somehow keep the DiDs here then just start a 'best chapter of the week' topic here (with a story list in the opening post) and keep the stories in the Creative forum.

Me and my stupid ideas :lol:

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 22. Feb 10, 18:41

Lord_Dakier wrote:A list of DiD's should also be in the guide section as thats what many people see them as guides.
As explained in the original post, only DiD/AAR threads which are of a substantial length and include significant information that is useful for new players will be included in the Guides sticky. These are the same criteria that are applied to any threads that appear there.
NUKLEAR-SLUG wrote:Cluttering the main forum with links to other threads elsewhere fairly defeats the point of moving the other threads in the first place, so not really, no.
You're right that in general we don't allow "cross-advertising" of threads from one forum to another. An occasional "hey, I've started a new story" post in this thread wouldn't be a problem, in much the same way that the occasional "hey, I've created a new fan-site" post is acceptable. However, if people bumped this thread every time they added a new chapter (equivalent to them posting whenever they updated their fan-site) then the moderators would almost certainly take a dim view of this and would probably end up locking this thread.

Rednoahl
x4

Post by Rednoahl » Mon, 22. Feb 10, 18:59

To be honest, I'm more concerned that the more traditional creative forum works may become swamped underneath an avalanche of DiD.

dragondream
x3tc

Post by dragondream » Mon, 22. Feb 10, 19:01

Rednoahl wrote:To be honest, I'm more concerned that the more traditional creative forum works may become swamped underneath an avalanche of DiD.
I think having a subforum for DiD's under the CU forum would sort that out no problem...

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 22. Feb 10, 21:35

There is no sub-forum facility in the version of PHPBB this site uses.

RyuKazuha
x3tc

Post by RyuKazuha » Wed, 24. Feb 10, 18:14

Fail.

Well, we'll see how things turn out in a while.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”