X3: Terran Conflict 2.5 has arrived!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Yapa
x2

Post by Yapa » Thu, 15. Oct 09, 04:07

Wowwwwww logged into Steam today to see yet another update for X3-TC!!!

Well done guys... I actually have never played X3-TC... I havent even installed it!

I purchased TC on Steam the day it came out and just have not had the time to play it... or even test it :(

I've done over 100+ hours in Reunion and many in X2/XBTF/Xtension.... so one day when I get the time I'll be looking forward to playing TC :)

Good to see Egosoft support the game 1 year after its release... I'll be buying the next (X4??) Egosoft game as soon as its out, even if I dont play it for a year or two :)

Yapa

OOZ662
x4

Post by OOZ662 » Thu, 15. Oct 09, 04:11

I'm confused as to where people are finding a changelog. Will it appear in the file folder after Steam finishes updating?

shilhi
x3tc

Post by shilhi » Thu, 15. Oct 09, 04:11

Thank you everyone at Egosoft for releasing this patch.
Now I can finally get back to TC.

DazS
x3tc

Post by DazS » Thu, 15. Oct 09, 04:16

Hi there.

The Steam page has a listing for X3 Gold that includes a TC Soundtrack. I own both games on steam already. Do I have the soundtrack, or do I miss out on that?
Will it be available on the site if not on the Steam page?

(I don't have it installed to see if the patch just puts it in the folder or something)

Thanks!

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Thu, 15. Oct 09, 04:21

OOZ662 wrote:I'm confused as to where people are finding a changelog. Will it appear in the file folder after Steam finishes updating?
The changelog was posted in the beta testing forum, as well as in the 'Upcoming 2.5' thread, and yes, I would expect that there would be a changelog in your TC folder after the update.

:EDIT: clarification.

tidurlagi
x4

Post by tidurlagi » Thu, 15. Oct 09, 04:35

Thank you for this patch.

Gotta finish the download today so i can try it next weekend.

Ulan Dhor
x3tc

Post by Ulan Dhor » Thu, 15. Oct 09, 04:51

Thanks for the update! I guess I should start some UT's soon ;).

One question: I just only started the game up to look at the menus (very nice that I see the marines now, and I love the new filters), and I got about 50 messages from ships that were allegedly finished with their task and needed new orders. When I looked at them, they still had running commands. Should I give them new manual "best sell" commands and then restart the ST/UT commands afterwards?

Zloth
x3tc

Post by Zloth » Thu, 15. Oct 09, 04:52

If you're using Steam, you can always right click on the game and select 'view update news' to see the latest changes.

As for the soundtrack, I believe all the music files are stored as MP3s. In fact, I think you'll find a 'soundtrack' folder if you look inside the game's directory.

Yapa
x2

Post by Yapa » Thu, 15. Oct 09, 05:07

Does removing usage of over 2GB of memory impact performance?

kgkosio
x4

Post by kgkosio » Thu, 15. Oct 09, 05:21

Steam updated the game today from version 2.1.

The GOOD:
The speed increase starting the game was amazing.
Loading saved games is much faster.
The new property lists will take some time to learn, but it is nice to have choices.

The BAD:
Marine Training? Express, Normal, Advanced? Submitted a marine to each since I could not find a description of the choices. (all three are present for a marine with one star or 3 stars in an attribute)
I had a transport mission fail to complete after docking at the station with 20m of time left. -- could not duplicate
ALL sector traders finished their missions after the current trade. I kind of understand this due to the new restrictions on which sectors they may enter.
A character with a mission icon next to their name did not have a mission to offer. -- could not duplicate

I will shut down for the night and see tomorrow if a reboot and a load from a 2.5 save game removes some of the issues.

Even if it doesn't, the start up and load speed increases are worth it.
Thank you Egosoft developers, testers and others involved in the patch.
Last edited by kgkosio on Fri, 16. Oct 09, 05:54, edited 1 time in total.
Fan of the save game manager by badger
Best Steam DiD death: Fly into a TL repeatatly while repairing it

Ulan Dhor
x3tc

Post by Ulan Dhor » Thu, 15. Oct 09, 06:34

kgkosio wrote:ALL sector traders finished their missions after the current trade.
Mine didn't. I got messages that claimed the traders finished their missions, but all traders carried on with their current tasks without interruption.

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Thu, 15. Oct 09, 07:05

And still no Ghoul missile fab :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
Otherwise, good job! The performance increase was remarkable. I can now fly near my medium-sized complexes without a slideshow -sweet.

XanII
x4

Post by XanII » Thu, 15. Oct 09, 07:09

Maybe it's time to put in the DVD for one more spin. havent played in a long time. :(
X3:TC Heavy M6 guide : : : Let's pretend you are an addict, lets pretend that you are a X-games player... but i am repeating myself here.

OOZ662
x4

Post by OOZ662 » Thu, 15. Oct 09, 07:09

Whoa-ho, Nelly! MASSIVE frame rate increase. Like, from nearly slideshow in empty space to smooth as a baby's bottom. On a heavily modified game, no less.

EDIT: Also, the game starts up immediately instead of waiting over a minute to get to the initial splash screen (with the Start Game button). Timegasm.

twinview
x4

Egosoft Rocks

Post by twinview » Thu, 15. Oct 09, 07:39

Thank U for the New Update I woke Up and Log on and I felt all Kinds of Glee when I seen that the New Update Is Rdy for us To Leech....

Kudos For Such A AWSOME Game and All the Patches and Support that U give Us who Whine So Much (LOL) ..... :D :D :D

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Thu, 15. Oct 09, 07:47

It looks like we got IBLs on side turrets for Panther and Tiger - sweet. Like if they didn't kick ass even before that :)
Why did they do that instead of giving FLAK option to Python is any-body's guess

Freggel.Doe
x2

Post by Freggel.Doe » Thu, 15. Oct 09, 08:13

i have been looking forward to this since i read "2.5 release candidate" in the beta forums. many thanks go to you guys at egosoft.

Seventh Raven

Post by Seventh Raven » Thu, 15. Oct 09, 08:15

DazS wrote: The Steam page has a listing for X3 Gold that includes a TC Soundtrack. I own both games on steam already. Do I have the soundtrack, or do I miss out on that?
What he said. I have the games installed, but apparently no separate soundtrack. Where would Steam put the soundtrack, anyway?

I would really hate to miss out because of a technicality.

Dungeoncrawler
x3tc

Post by Dungeoncrawler » Thu, 15. Oct 09, 08:24

Ah...2.5 installed! As usual, the wait was worth it. Everything running great with what appears to be some performance increase to boot. Great going Egosoft and a much deserved thank you! Off to continue the adventure...

gandy|UKCS|
x3tc

Post by gandy|UKCS| » Thu, 15. Oct 09, 08:28

woot the update is released, Thanks Egosoft for your hard work on this :)
Gaming PC
Mobo - Asus P8Z77-V - CPU - i5 3570K @ 4.2ghz
HSF - Corsair H100 - GFX - GTX-470
Memory - 8gig Corsair Vengence Black DDR3 @ 1600mhz
Monitor - BenQ 2400HD 24"
Case - CM Storm Stryker

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”