Words Of Wisdom

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Rive
x3tc

Post by Rive » Tue, 6. Oct 09, 12:52

Never let the advices to take over your game!

( :P )

Ps. Sorry for my english... I hope it is apprehensive this way. Please feel free to revise it if not :)

Mortis494
x3tc

Post by Mortis494 » Tue, 6. Oct 09, 13:42

Do not allow your stations to overlap (even a little) when creating a complex. if two of them rub shoulders, eventually their shields will drop and they'll be toasted. Particularly annoying when they're part of a megaplex and the resulting explosion takes out all the complex construction kits.
Wanton Nukes and the Path to Galactic Conquest - Pilot of the 'Last Resort'
Who needs Facebook? We've got the X-Universe Forum :)

killakanz
x3

Post by killakanz » Tue, 6. Oct 09, 14:34

Never have absolute faith in the Autopilot.

Solomon Short
x4

Post by Solomon Short » Tue, 6. Oct 09, 15:19

Friendly Fire Isn't!

ubica

Post by ubica » Tue, 6. Oct 09, 16:41

Buy plenty of Salvage insurance. The worst thing is not being able to save in a crucial moment.

Evildudeness
x3tc

Post by Evildudeness » Tue, 6. Oct 09, 18:28

Pressing I then arrow right twice in the universe map gets you onto
Spoiler
Show
The unknown sector containing the Xenon Hub
Assuming you've found it.
Nuke 'em 'til they glow and shoot 'em in the dark.
Reach out and touch someone....with High Energy Plasma

Flozem
x3tc

Post by Flozem » Tue, 6. Oct 09, 19:28

Always store some spare energy cells in your cargo hold... never let yourself get caught without plenty to jump out of harms way or into the fray...

Gosnell
x4

Post by Gosnell » Tue, 6. Oct 09, 19:49

there is no,nor will there be an x online

Olterin
xr

Post by Olterin » Tue, 6. Oct 09, 20:04

Never do anything without having a plan A - and always have plans B, C and D just in case (especially true if you're playing a DiD game :wink:).

tiny edit: forgot to mention, plan D is pretty much always the "ok, all our plans have failed, let's improvise with what we have!" kind of plan
Last edited by Olterin on Tue, 6. Oct 09, 20:28, edited 1 time in total.
"Do or do not, there is no try"
"My Other Overwhelming Mixed Assault Fleet is a Brigantine" -Seleucius, commenting on my ship naming scheme

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 6. Oct 09, 20:09

Don't bother with plans. All plans fall apart at first contact with the enemy. :P
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Flozem
x3tc

Post by Flozem » Tue, 6. Oct 09, 20:28

Wear sunscreen... :P

BeidAmmikon
x3tc

Post by BeidAmmikon » Tue, 6. Oct 09, 20:30

Pressing "K" while in the Universe map will select sector (0,0) (top left) - Kingdom End :)
Map your Jump key combination to a single key, like the one with the ~ symbol (tilde, to the left of 1).
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against Principalities, against Powers,
against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places

Greyfoot
x3ap

Post by Greyfoot » Tue, 6. Oct 09, 22:03

Suzy left the station ages ago.Do NOT look for her.
Nothing is constant but change itself...

logan86
x3tc

Post by logan86 » Tue, 6. Oct 09, 22:05

Always map a sector completely before leaving it no matter how unimportant it first seems.

Also, use the in game encyclopedia often. its a very good way to find the known buying and selling locations for wares that you will need or want at some point. that way when you think, where can i buy one of those, you can just open it up and see every where that you already knew about but just forgot.

Lord of Nothing
x3tc

Post by Lord of Nothing » Tue, 6. Oct 09, 22:20

Don't afraid to set yourself big, long term goals. It's good to have something to aim for whether literally or metaphorically, always.
Skirnir. No counter-argument possible.

gsheriston
x3tc

Post by gsheriston » Tue, 6. Oct 09, 23:34

learn to use your strafe drive in combat

Limbo365
x3ap

Post by Limbo365 » Wed, 7. Oct 09, 01:59

Know your enemy! Always assume they have backup, missiles or PBG's (basically buy and USE your freight scanner.

Dont pet a burning dog (the first one to figure that out gets a prize :) )
Wanton Use of Nukes Blue Wing: Limbo
Quotes I like :-D
Klanthalas wrote:Who needs engineering when ya can just hit the control panel with a wrench
Gavrushka wrote:Huh, I'm no cheat, I'm not touching the infernal Springblossom I fly an unshielded Octopus with no upgrades and a damaged hull and when I want to take on a Xenon Q, I just hold my breath, roll down the window and throw pies at it..

Odin Hammersong
x2

Post by Odin Hammersong » Wed, 7. Oct 09, 16:44

Learn to not reload and just keep playing.

Recovering from losses is integral part of the satisfaction of this game. Once I learned to relax and accept that things will go wrong, the immersion factor went through the roof.

That being said, this epic game can throw you some real curveballs and some of them are just silly. So when the Albatross decides to fly right through your complex and demolishes a couple stations...yeah, go ahead and reload. But if you lose a freighter or two to a Q, just keep playin, man.

Besides, you can't get revenge if you were never wronged in the first place! :twisted:

killakanz
x3

Post by killakanz » Wed, 7. Oct 09, 17:42

Always keep check on what automated traders are doing in the property list, to make sure they're pulling their weight. Once in a while one might stop working for no apparent reason.

Sticks
x4

Post by Sticks » Wed, 7. Oct 09, 20:40

Thinking is never a waste of time.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”