[TC] Open Season on High-Tech Traders (fighters)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Rednoahl
x4

Post by Rednoahl » Mon, 14. Sep 09, 00:29

mntnd3w wrote:Was not my intention to be not nice or make anyone sad. Certainly not considering improvements to the game dirty.

Sorry if it came across that way.
I certainly didn't mean to make you feel you have to say sorry for anything - you never said anything wrong at all. The X universe belongs to you; it is your playground. There is nothing wrong with sticking to a vanilla game and there is nothing wrong with having a modified game either. You must play the game how you want; Egosoft designed the game so you could.

The only thing that matters is YOU have fun. Nothing else matters :)

mntnd3w
x3tc

Post by mntnd3w » Mon, 14. Sep 09, 04:49

Yes Rednoahl I know. Believe me I am having fun and hope to continue doing so.

BTW I have run across (and attacked) several of the T class rare ships you posted about. Most pilots went down with their ships, but I did get a Mercury Prototype to bail. Will continue to hunt the rest of them until I get them all. Just a matter of time, patience, and some luck.

Thinking about starting a DID game with a rule that says im only allowed to fly rare (non-purchasable and/or prototype, enhanced, advanced) ships. Would be a good challenge and fun.

Rednoahl
x4

Post by Rednoahl » Mon, 14. Sep 09, 15:20

I find the best way to get the T class ships to bail is:

Get into an M6 that can mount IPGs (I use four) and some light weapons to annoy the target.
Find your target, and get fairly close 500m.
Save the game.
Quit to windows
Re-load the game and continue from save.
Hit the target with light weapons to turn it to enemy state.
Blast the enemy with four IPGs until it's Hull gets to about 80%
use just 1 IPG to attempt capping

I have never got one to bail if it drops any cargo or launches drones, and I've capped a fair few.

Eisenkalle
x3tc

Post by Eisenkalle » Fri, 19. Mar 10, 23:32

Not exactly prototypes, but sometimes still hard to identify (but easy, if you know about the higher speed!):

Argon Passenger Shuttle (TP) Express Hauler, 165 m/s

Split Passenger Shuttle (TP) Iguana Vanguard, 186.90 m/s

Teladi Passenger Shuttle (TP) Toucan Hauler, 137.50 m/s

Sometimes you get a used one offered.... got me 2xExpress Hauler+2xIguana Vanguard.
I am a Mistral Tycoon!

Poisoned Paranid Start (X3TC): Take a joyride in a Hyperion Vanguard (250.3m/s)! VANILLA Updated 2012-04-02 (new mediafire link)

mntnd3w
x3tc

Post by mntnd3w » Sat, 20. Mar 10, 10:30

Great info, had no idea that these rare ships were available as a passenger shuttle. Will be collecting some more of these soon, thanks.

Eisenkalle
x3tc

Post by Eisenkalle » Sat, 20. Mar 10, 14:43

mntnd3w wrote:Great info, had no idea that these rare ships were available as a passenger shuttle. Will be collecting some more of these soon, thanks.
;-)

Also check the RACE Employee Shuttles (TP) as well. Might be one of them, too.

Perhaps you can put these info and about the other TS/TP in your opening post? Just to keep track of everything.
I am a Mistral Tycoon!

Poisoned Paranid Start (X3TC): Take a joyride in a Hyperion Vanguard (250.3m/s)! VANILLA Updated 2012-04-02 (new mediafire link)

jimlpearce

Post by jimlpearce » Sat, 20. Mar 10, 15:27

The TP variants such as Iguana vanguard and Toucan Hauler are also sometimes piloted by the fairly common NPC ships such as race food transporters. I Check every TP I see and the non prototype variants are surprisingly common :)
"You win again gravity"

mntnd3w
x3tc

Post by mntnd3w » Sat, 20. Mar 10, 18:20

Once in a while there are missions to deliver one of these types of TP's, before this info would tell them no because I thought they were only available as second hand or the one abandoned. Now they just became a bit easier to get and deliveries will happen. Of course they can always be produced at the PHQ, but there are better ships to be producing with that so this info is very helpful.

Edited and added these to the the original post.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”