X3TC: A How-to for capping the #deca in Vanilla TC without cheating

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 14. Sep 09, 15:37

Since 3D Viewer accesses the same files as the in-game info (for all-vanilla files) they could be expected to agree, which they do.

silentWitness
x3tc

Post by silentWitness » Thu, 5. Nov 09, 04:41

I've tried time and again with versions 2.1 and 2.5 and each time the marines are pushed out of the ship well before they can take down the hull!!!

When was this possible??? Version 1.0???

Targ Collective
x4

Post by Targ Collective » Thu, 5. Nov 09, 05:32

2.1 and before.
Learn to use stickies. Look here for mods for X3TC and here for guides across everything since X2. If you haven't read the Forum Rules do so before we beat you with sticks. Above all have fun.

silentWitness
x3tc

Post by silentWitness » Thu, 5. Nov 09, 05:44

Ok so I've realised that my marines were too powerful so I needed to fire well before hacking!!! That's better!

Took me so long to realise!

Eddis

Post by Eddis » Sun, 22. Nov 09, 04:39

silentWitness wrote:I've tried time and again with versions 2.1 and 2.5 and each time the marines are pushed out of the ship well before they can take down the hull!!!

When was this possible??? Version 1.0???
Yeah, I did specifically state that timing was critical for this process :)

I have been away from X3 due to DDO going f2p as well as running thru Dragon Age twice (rogue, wiz).

I was pleasantly surprised to see 2.5 patch came out while I was away. Downloading it now, hopefully it will not corrupt my savegames :shock:

Eddis

Post by Eddis » Sat, 5. Dec 09, 12:09

If anyone can confirm, does this work in 2.5? Thanks.

unknown1
x4

Post by unknown1 » Mon, 14. Dec 09, 12:58

no one yet capped the deca# in 2.5? i would like to know if it is possible

dillpickle
x3tc

Post by dillpickle » Mon, 14. Dec 09, 13:33

unknown1 wrote:no one yet capped the deca# in 2.5? i would like to know if it is possible
I've boarded it n 2.5... So yes it is still possible..

unknown1
x4

Post by unknown1 » Mon, 14. Dec 09, 15:07

could you please explain in a bit of details the process,,,resourcess needen(marines,firepower,)to get myself an ideea..

Nulric
x4

Post by Nulric » Mon, 14. Dec 09, 23:55

Very very cool find. While it seems obvious once pointed out, I never would have thought to try a timing trick like that.

Any word on the results from reverse engineering this thing yet; whether the invincibility goes away?

Although, now that I think about it, reverse engineering a vessel that is essentially supposed to be alive, since it's artificially intelligent, seems a little evil, haha.

dillpickle
x3tc

Post by dillpickle » Tue, 15. Dec 09, 11:34

unknown1 wrote:could you please explain in a bit of details the process,,,resourcess needen(marines,firepower,)to get myself an ideea..
As per the original post, the only difference being I used 20 marines for each boarding - but then I always do for the big ships.

Nulric wrote:Any word on the results from reverse engineering this thing yet; whether the invincibility goes away?
The #deca cannot be reverse engineered, so you can only have one, and it remains invincible.

Goodfeller
x3tc

Post by Goodfeller » Tue, 15. Dec 09, 18:37

I haven't reached this part of the plot yet in my current game, so I'm definitely looking forward to it.

Jellygoop
x3tc

Post by Jellygoop » Tue, 15. Dec 09, 19:57

I can also confirm that the #deca can be capped in version 2.5. Proof here and here.

For resources I suggest 40 marines. A full bay of 2 star in fighting on yer M7M, and an extra 20 with 3+ in fighting. The set of 2 stars worked well despite their low rating, only had to reload once.

When I got the #deca it still had 13 marines in it and my M7M had 5 marines that I guess I forgot to launch, minus the 10 meatbags I had that you get from the free scabbard.

jwigeland
x3tc

Post by jwigeland » Tue, 15. Dec 09, 20:08

Okay, I'm so glad I saw this topic before I did the last mission in the plot! Ima go train some marines! =) So, you basically launch off the rummies from the Terrans and let them do their thing, and then shoot off your elite squad to re-take the ship? That's so evil... I love it.
Q9550 / 3.4GHz
P5Q Deluxe / 400MHz
4GB HyperX DDR2 / 1066MHz
EVGA GTX 580 Superclock

Starlight_Corporation
x4

Post by Starlight_Corporation » Wed, 16. Dec 09, 23:45

Good that I found this, always like to have unque ships, even only as a trophy.

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Thu, 17. Dec 09, 01:20

Starlight_Corporation wrote:Good that I found this, always like to have unque ships, even only as a trophy.
Deca is probably the strongest ship of those capable of mounting GKYON. 8 GKYON/turret is almost 3 times more than on a Kha'ak Destroyer.

unknown1
x4

Post by unknown1 » Thu, 17. Dec 09, 10:39

more than that..it is invincible...think of it..the ultimate defence for the TUS1 east gate

ZacUK
x4

Post by ZacUK » Sat, 19. Dec 09, 12:20

Another confirmed #deca cap here! Lovely trophy to have. v2.5 vanilla game.

I spent about an hour and a half in total trying to cap this bugger, and at one point I almost thought it was uncappable.

Anyway, heres how i did it:

Team 1 - 20x 2* fighting marines for the initial boarding operation. They did fine and at least 7 of them make it to the core every reload attempt, and complete the hack ok.

Team 2 - 20x 3 and 4* marines for the second wave.

Team 3 (backup) - 60x 1 and 2* marines aboard 6 TP's that I also sent in for reinforcement in case Team 1 couldnt make it. Good job i had these as i used 10 of these for assisting Team 2!

So the problem i was having that was frustrating was that when waiting for Team 1 to hack before sending in Team 2, the hack would complete before Team 2 had cut into the hull. Team 2 would get pushed into space, and the #deca wouldnt have any marines on board.

So i looked at the timings. I waited until Team 1 had cleared deck 4 and begun assaulting deck 5. I managed to time it so that i guess Team 1 were half way through that deck and then i launched Team 2 from the pods, that way, Team 2 were cutting BEFORE Team 1 started the hack. This seemed to do it for me, although i only ever seemed to get 12 of Team 2 on board and fighting. These 12, no matter how many reloads i did could never get past deck 3 and always fail. ( I was pulling my hair out at this point :evil: )

I had Team 3 as backup, and using some swift keyboard punching, as soon as Team 2 launched, i transported another squad of 10 from Team 3 onto my Cobra, and immediately launched them. So as the 12 from Team 1 were through the hull, this other squad of 10 were cutting in.

Well that seemed to do the trick, as this other 10 joined Team 2, giving me 20 marines clearing deck 1. I was saving frantically at this point, with saves at each deck. Eventually after a few more reloads, 5 marines from the 2nd and 3rd teams got to the core and hacked it! Adding one #deca to my property list!

\o/

I hope the above helps others that may have had troubles with their timings.

Edit - I lost quite a bit of rep with the Terrans when Team 2 started their assault, so be warned.

Eddis

Post by Eddis » Sat, 19. Dec 09, 12:50

UPDATE: This process has been confirmed to work in v2.5 of TC.

Eddis

Post by Eddis » Sat, 19. Dec 09, 12:53

ZacUK wrote:Another confirmed #deca cap here! Lovely trophy to have. v2.5 vanilla game.

I spent about an hour and a half in total trying to cap this bugger, and at one point I almost thought it was uncappable.

Anyway, heres how i did it:

Team 1 - 20x 2* fighting marines for the initial boarding operation. They did fine and at least 7 of them make it to the core every reload attempt, and complete the hack ok.

Team 2 - 20x 3 and 4* marines for the second wave.

Team 3 (backup) - 60x 1 and 2* marines aboard 6 TP's that I also sent in for reinforcement in case Team 1 couldnt make it. Good job i had these as i used 10 of these for assisting Team 2!

So the problem i was having that was frustrating was that when waiting for Team 1 to hack before sending in Team 2, the hack would complete before Team 2 had cut into the hull. Team 2 would get pushed into space, and the #deca wouldnt have any marines on board.

So i looked at the timings. I waited until Team 1 had cleared deck 4 and begun assaulting deck 5. I managed to time it so that i guess Team 1 were half way through that deck and then i launched Team 2 from the pods, that way, Team 2 were cutting BEFORE Team 1 started the hack. This seemed to do it for me, although i only ever seemed to get 12 of Team 2 on board and fighting. These 12, no matter how many reloads i did could never get past deck 3 and always fail. ( I was pulling my hair out at this point :evil: )

I had Team 3 as backup, and using some swift keyboard punching, as soon as Team 2 launched, i transported another squad of 10 from Team 3 onto my Cobra, and immediately launched them. So as the 12 from Team 1 were through the hull, this other squad of 10 were cutting in.

Well that seemed to do the trick, as this other 10 joined Team 2, giving me 20 marines clearing deck 1. I was saving frantically at this point, with saves at each deck. Eventually after a few more reloads, 5 marines from the 2nd and 3rd teams got to the core and hacked it! Adding one #deca to my property list!

\o/

I hope the above helps others that may have had troubles with their timings.

Edit - I lost quite a bit of rep with the Terrans when Team 2 started their assault, so be warned.
Grats :D

5 star teams will do a lot better than an army of newbs tho :lol:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”