X3TC HQ Production Costs, v1.2

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ecthelion
x4

Post by Ecthelion » Wed, 22. Jul 09, 03:12

That's a handy spreadsheet, Carlo. It works fine on my office computer (where I have Excel 2007 installed), but neither the XLS nor the XLSX version work correctly on my home computer in OpenOffice 3.1. The credits show up, but the rest of the resources all come up with a value of 0. It seems like OpenOffice isn't able to find the lookup values, or it's pulling the wrong ones.

I don't expect you to fix this (Excel is the standard, after all), but I thought I'd mention it for any other OpenOffice users that might be having problems.
Windows Windows 7 Release Candidate (64-bit)
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400
ATI HD 4850 1024MB
8GB RAM

-----------------------------------------------------
Pirate Identification Guide

Lancefighter
x4

Post by Lancefighter » Wed, 22. Jul 09, 04:49

try uploading it to google docs, and then downloading it as an .ods ?

Ecthelion
x4

Post by Ecthelion » Wed, 22. Jul 09, 05:01

Lancefighter wrote:try uploading it to google docs, and then downloading it as an .ods ?
I already tried converting it to an ODS from Excel 07, but that resulted in long formula-looking text in all the resource cells (probably a result of a faulty conversion).

EDIT: I just tried converting in Google Docs, and that fixed the resources, but messed up the times. I noticed that the second tab ("Averages") shows a bunch of divide by zero errors in Google Docs.
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400
ATI HD 4850 1024MB
8GB RAM

Lancefighter
x4

Post by Lancefighter » Wed, 22. Jul 09, 05:52

:\

Install excel on your other computer too?

does it work while uploaded to google docs?

What if you.. remote desktopped into your excel computer, copied the cells that dont work (and their formulas), and then pasted it into your open office spreadsheet?

Ecthelion
x4

Post by Ecthelion » Wed, 22. Jul 09, 11:10

Lancefighter wrote::\

Install excel on your other computer too?

does it work while uploaded to google docs?

What if you.. remote desktopped into your excel computer, copied the cells that dont work (and their formulas), and then pasted it into your open office spreadsheet?
If I had a copy of Excel to use at home, I wouldn't need to use OpenOffice.

As soon as I upload it to Google Docs, it messes up the hours. The conversion to ODS is identical to what's in Google Docs.

I was already planning on copying the values from the first sheet into a new spreadsheet, then opening that file in OpenOffice. I think that's the only option left at this point.
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400
ATI HD 4850 1024MB
8GB RAM

Terre
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Terre » Wed, 22. Jul 09, 15:21

I used the OO validation scan on the document and it threw the following error at me.

Code: Select all

Document root element "Workbook" must match DOCTYPE root "null"
I haven't got clue what its' talking about.

jannix
x4

Post by jannix » Wed, 29. Jul 09, 02:55

Oooh.. this is just what I was looking for. :) Thanks to the OP.

So provided this data, I want to find out the maximum of each resource needed per hour, to build a supply complex just the right size for any ship in the list. Has anyone calculated that? ( was just wondering if it was readily available) :D

Ecthelion
x4

Post by Ecthelion » Wed, 29. Jul 09, 03:05

jannix wrote:Oooh.. this is just what I was looking for. :) Thanks to the OP.

So provided this data, I want to find out the maximum of each resource needed per hour, to build a supply complex just the right size for any ship in the list. Has anyone calculated that? ( was just wondering if it was readily available) :D
The Aran has the highest requirements, unless you count the Valhalla (which is not present in the Vanilla game).

By the time you finish the Hub plot, you should have complexes producing Silicon, Microchips, Crystals, Ore, and Teladianium, and you probably have excess Energy Cell production in each complex. So then you just need a complex producing Computer Components, Rastar Oil, Cloth Rimes, and Quantum Tubes. I built a complex with one factory for each type (with size M for Rastar and L for Cloth Rimes), and 2 Quantum Tube Fabs (since they produce a very small quantity of product). By my calculations, the highest requirement will take me around 26 hours, which is far less than the ~110 needed to reverse engineer the Aran. By the time it's done, I will have more than enough resources to build it, and while it's building I'll be able to fill up the HQ again for the next ship I build. I'm not sure how well the bigger ships scale down to the smaller ones in terms of build time, so it's possible that my complexes won't be able to keep up with fighter construction. It's not a big deal for me though, since I can always add to my complexes or build supplementary ones.

I'm actually still doing the Hub plot (I only have ~50,000 Silicon left, then the Microchips in the final stage), but I wanted to prepare for ship building.
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400
ATI HD 4850 1024MB
8GB RAM

jannix
x4

Post by jannix » Wed, 29. Jul 09, 03:10

Does the Aran also have the highest requirements per hour? Gah...i just need to divide said number and find out for myself I suppose :D (but i'm lazy... :( )

Edit: Actually, shouldn't excel be able to do this automatically? Like an additional column for each resource that has the Total resource needed / time to get resource per hour?

That would be useful to have imo.

Ecthelion
x4

Post by Ecthelion » Wed, 29. Jul 09, 03:52

jannix wrote:Does the Aran also have the highest requirements per hour? Gah...i just need to divide said number and find out for myself I suppose :D (but i'm lazy... :( )

Edit: Actually, shouldn't excel be able to do this automatically? Like an additional column for each resource that has the Total resource needed / time to get resource per hour?

That would be useful to have imo.
Good question/idea.

Just looking at Teladianium, the Aran has the same requirements per hour as the Colossus, which is 53 units per hour. The Nova is roughly 45 units per hour, so it's possible that the requirements per hour is basically constant across ship classes. It may be along class lines too, since some of the classes (such as the TS) have very low requirements. But it might just be determined by the cost or "RelVal" of the ship.

A detailed investigation would reveal more.

And yeah, Excel could do it automatically, by dividing each resource cell by the total time (which could be computed by appending the hours, minutes, and seconds cells, then converting them to a time value). I'm not very good with spreadsheets, or I'd do it myself.
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400
ATI HD 4850 1024MB
8GB RAM

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Wed, 29. Jul 09, 05:23

I can add it (when I have a moment...).

Lancefighter
x4

Post by Lancefighter » Wed, 29. Jul 09, 06:55

From looking at the HQ.pck (the file that actually governs the HQ building costs), it shows that time scales directly with relval (relative value, im guessing), and has a modifier for some ship types.
m5, m4, and m3 all have their own modifier, and then 'bigships' have their modifier..
Unfortunately, im not entirely sure how to calculate the costs from the relval and the multipliers for cost >.<

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Wed, 29. Jul 09, 12:35

Lancefighter wrote:Unfortunately, im not entirely sure how to calculate the costs from the relval and the multipliers for cost >.<
That's what the spreadsheet does...

Lancefighter
x4

Post by Lancefighter » Wed, 29. Jul 09, 13:33

Carlo the Curious wrote:
Lancefighter wrote:Unfortunately, im not entirely sure how to calculate the costs from the relval and the multipliers for cost >.<
That's what the spreadsheet does...
oh it does?

silly me had some weird idea that you manually put in a few values (other than relval), and it calculated it from there.
Not exactly sure why I got that idea..
Anyway >.<

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Wed, 29. Jul 09, 13:44

R (RelVal multiplier) =~ 64.92
T (Time multiplier) =~ 60.09

Base cost = RelVal * R
Time requirement = ( BaseCost * T ) / ClassVal
Ware requirement = BaseCost / WareFactor

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Wed, 29. Jul 09, 14:17

Carlo the Curious wrote:I can add it (when I have a moment...).
Done.

Basically, the maximum per hour is for all the bigger ships (M6 +).

The Goner Ranger comes up with some wierd value, but I think there's a bug there somewhere...

EDIT: I had a quick look at converting it to ODS, but since OpenOffice crashed on exit and wouldn't even let me kill the application with Task Manager, I decided not to bother :p.

jannix
x4

Post by jannix » Wed, 29. Jul 09, 21:11

Hey Carlo the Curios. Thanks!!! Just came back to the thread today and you already added it. Woohoo! Off to building that HP supply complex! :D

StarTroll
x4

Post by StarTroll » Thu, 13. May 10, 16:27

This is a great work Carlo and thank you for bringing us lazy people what we wanted. I just took a quick look but there doesn't seem to be a trace of the TLS.
SCUM : They may exceed you in number, but not in value.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Thu, 13. May 10, 16:31

It's there, but it's under Argon.

StarTroll
x4

Post by StarTroll » Thu, 13. May 10, 17:20

Okay thanks, guess I should be more attentive when I read something.
SCUM : They may exceed you in number, but not in value.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”