Could you eimagine how awesome an 'X:Online' game would be?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Should there be an 'X: Online' game?

Yes
26%
No
74%

Total votes: 126

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Thu, 9. Jul 09, 20:28

Nanook wrote:
fiksal wrote:....
I seem to get a "everything that's new is frightening and bad" feeling from this thread.....
Really? The vibe I get is that most players on this forum prefer a single player experience. I doubt that it has anything to do with "new is frightening and bad", just "multiplayer is bad, singleplayer is good". After all, it's what drew most of us to the game series in the first place. :P

Personally, I wouldn't mind all that much if Egosoft produced a different space game, as long as it was single player and allowed the player to fly around in a space ship doing various things. It's the genre I prefer. :wink:
Nanook, ... it's been awhile, hasnt it?

I am just here to make sure people are keeping an open mind :roll:

What got me into the game is the atmosphere and the freedom, not so much that it's a singleplayer only game. To me, those are "must have" qualities for the multiplayer as well, otherwise it's not as fun.

If that criteria is satisfied, fellow eXers can then add to the atmosphere of the game, provide a helping hand or maybe even a challenge.

(a non-fellow eXer will be ejected from the game via holy red button, of course)

nazaxprime
xr

Post by nazaxprime » Mon, 12. Apr 10, 19:24

Ill allways vote yup on this one. I love single, but I also love options. Multi player would be fun and honestly, for single player lovers, what is the difference? Players or AI, its all good, you can get spanked either way, but you can actually chat with folks in freighters, where as AI conversations tend to be more limited. I think id be cool with a single player version with some intigrated information. Like, say you share trade info for stations(IE Volume of goods, etc)? Of course that would assume that the stations would be shared, if you blew up one it would go bye bye in my universe but then if you placed one, hello loot. I think it is a great idea personally. The whole universe as itis would explode with stations if sectors were not added but then we get even more exploration and more dynamic sectors. All in all i really just want there to be true newtonian physics for the game engine, and theability to "have friends over". If Players have to host it thats even better, because I HATE having to pay a sub fee. Most of the time i dont have the ability to utilize my games as it is, so i end up paying a month fee for mere hours of playtime. If the usage was more realistic, as in i pay for minutes of actual login time... well then id be more accepting, but none of that roll over crap, and no taking my paid for time away after i dont use it for Y period of time...
/sigh
Yeah just let us host our selves and be ableto have a couple hundred people logged in... haha.
If Eve can pull it off...
.~

Starlight_Corporation
x4

Post by Starlight_Corporation » Mon, 12. Apr 10, 20:58

I enjoy both single & multyplayer games, but an online X game would cause alot of stress for the builder/traders amongst us, and even amongst many of the cappers/fighters.

Remember once you play online, you will meet people who enjoy ruining others their gamingexperience, if you're a shooty person you can give them a good anwser, but other type of players have a harder way to answer it. And face it everyone has equal right of play, including the player that only preys on your ship & the player that dives on your freshly dropped loot to pick it up.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 12. Apr 10, 21:22

Please don't resurrect old threads.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”