Will there be an X Series Online-Universe?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Fearguis

Will there be an X Series Online-Universe?

Post by Fearguis » Mon, 1. Jun 09, 19:02

I have seen this mentioned a few years ago, I assume it's a dead fish.

But even if such a release is no longer planned, would it be possible, putting aside game balance issues, to simply allow multiplayer in X3?

Evochron Legends has this feature, for example. Your single player game is the same as your multiplayer. If you're twinked, you're twinked. No problem. I just want to play with my buddies, who I trust not to cheat, so all I'd like to see is the ability to connect via IP and play together.

Is that a possible mod, with this game engine, or is that out of the question?

supakillaii
xr

Post by supakillaii » Mon, 1. Jun 09, 19:08

UTFSFBPS
Use
The
F....
Search
Function
Before
Posting
S....

Hmmm... doesn't sound quite right.

Oh, yes. The thread.
No.

Edit: And no, not possible by a simple mod, AFAIR
Last edited by supakillaii on Mon, 1. Jun 09, 19:24, edited 1 time in total.

Fearguis

Post by Fearguis » Mon, 1. Jun 09, 19:09

I did use it. And it brought up nothing, hence this post.

Though by all means if you can use the search function and show me where Egosoft has ever answered this question, I'm all for it.

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Mon, 1. Jun 09, 19:15

Fearguis wrote:I did use it. And it brought up nothing, hence this post.

Though by all means if you can use the search function and show me where Egosoft has ever answered this question, I'm all for it.
I'm surprised a search turned up nothing, since there must be hundreds of posts on the subject.

The answer is no, unless you've got a few tens of millions of Euros spare that you can chuck their way.
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

supakillaii
xr

Post by supakillaii » Mon, 1. Jun 09, 19:17

Last edited by supakillaii on Mon, 1. Jun 09, 19:21, edited 2 times in total.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Mon, 1. Jun 09, 19:18

I show.
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=243321
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

supakillaii
xr

Post by supakillaii » Mon, 1. Jun 09, 19:22

Why wasn't it stickyed?

Fearguis

Post by Fearguis » Mon, 1. Jun 09, 19:24

Well, at least that was actually helpful.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 1. Jun 09, 19:24

Really! Well, when I put 'multiplayer' in the extra search, I get 31 entries just from the English X-Universe forum alone. And that's just since March of this year. :P

Try this, it's a pretty good compilation of all the multiplayer threads up to the post date. I think, if you look hard enough, you'll find all the answers you need. In particular, look for posts by CBJ, one of the developers who's also a site admin. :wink:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Mon, 1. Jun 09, 19:26

Feel free to buy Egosoft and make them create one. :-)

WarriorGuild
x3tc

Post by WarriorGuild » Mon, 1. Jun 09, 19:31

No need to get all wound up boys - he was asking the same thing that many have before - In theory an Online game would be great - but it's just not practical - maybe the next game egosoft brings out will be but we'll have to wait and see - personally i love the single player aspect to X3 :)

MasterChief096

Post by MasterChief096 » Mon, 1. Jun 09, 20:08

I would kind of like the idea of a Co-op type thing. Maybe someone can connect using Hamachi, or you w/e. It would be strictly for organized pals that just want to fly around together or w/e. Nothing on the scale of an MMO, more like Halo 1 style where you can have someone else int he campaign with you.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”