To All New X2 Players - Starting Out * SPOILER ? * UPDATED

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Rapid
x2

Post by Rapid » Thu, 1. Apr 04, 00:09

As i am new to any space sim i thought i would give X2 a try so i bought it,thanks to your tips and others i am enjoying it even more...

Fancy-That
x2

Post by Fancy-That » Thu, 1. Apr 04, 21:37

Oh boy i think im gonna have to start the game again :( dam dam dam,

why did i not buy another ship first instead of buying some **** and more **** for my current m5 (*thinks is it m5?)

well whatever it is im noob hate the game already and bored attempting to get money up,

So to fix the problem its START AGAIN and do as the man says :D sound s like a great idea to me :D

when should ya get the best wares installed then?

suicidalfoetus
x3tc

Post by suicidalfoetus » Fri, 2. Apr 04, 02:04

In answer to your question. The Khaak do eventually appear if you ignore the story after mission two and start doing your own thing. It just takes a great deal longer for them to appear. I had explored a great deal of the map before getting a message about the Khaak attack in Presidents End.

The only downside to this is that when you do eventually decide to tackle mission three, you then have to take a longer route to Brennans Triumph from the goner temple. Incidentally, If you are flying with wingmen, on mission three and haven't "activated" the Khaak, be careful. As soon as you leave Presidents End and enter Elenas Fortune the script that initialises the Khaak destroys everything in Presidents End, (including your wingmen). To preserve the wingmen, send them into Elenas Fortune ahead of you.
May the wind be always at your back

suicidalfoetus
x3tc

Post by suicidalfoetus » Fri, 2. Apr 04, 02:31

Duh, silly me, I didn't see how many pages were up before I posted my reply.

BTW, Can anybody out there tell me how to use the Spacefly collector. As there doesn't seem any way to make it workon it's own. If I use the ion disruptor I can catch the buggers, but am wondering if anyone can give me some pointers on spacefly hunting
May the wind be always at your back

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 2. Apr 04, 02:39

suicidalfoetus wrote:Duh, silly me, I didn't see how many pages were up before I posted my reply.

BTW, Can anybody out there tell me how to use the Spacefly collector. As there doesn't seem any way to make it workon it's own. If I use the ion disruptor I can catch the buggers, but am wondering if anyone can give me some pointers on spacefly hunting
The spacefly collector works automatically. Once you've zapped some spaceflies with the Ion D, open your cargo bay and collect them. You can't target them so you have to use visual. And they wake up fairly quickly. What I do is continue to zap them until they enter my hold.

BTW, without the collector, they would end up like astronauts without the cargo life support system, nonexistant. :)
Having an Acronym Attack? See the Ego FAQ. Also now for Terran Conflict and Albion Prelude.
NOT an Egosoft employee.

Aliist

Post by Aliist » Fri, 2. Apr 04, 22:21

Almost noob here. I've used the tip about transorter striping. After that took my mercury to the Argon Prime and REPARED it. Some tunig here some tuning there and after all this got mercury with fully tuned up engines (135m/s) and a half of the cargo bay tuning (1000 energy cells). Finaly took it to the Ore Belt (the system there mission 1 objective located). After some trading (Warheads from the Weapons component factory are very profitable things) :!: . Plus only one SPP in this sector...
So after some trading I've bought Ore Mine in Argon Prime and the mining scaner. Scaned some asteroids in the Ore Belt. Found one 25 y.... Ore Asteroid and MANY 26 y.... Silicon asteroids. Set the mine. Some trading... And finaly bought SPP. Set it in the Ore Belt. And now I have some questions.
What should I do to make my Plant and Mine to buy all Primery Resources for the production?

P.S. I'm sorry for my poor English.
:(

.:MBK:.
x2

Post by .:MBK:. » Fri, 2. Apr 04, 22:42

yeh thanks. i almost gave up but now i have an ever expanding trading empire conning species out of their credits :lol:

Flaco
x3

Post by Flaco » Wed, 14. Apr 04, 02:28

:o Oh misery! Why couldn't I have seen this post before I started the game!? :evil:

I'll do my bit and hope some other newbie sees the good advice...

Cheers Nanook

CommChe

Post by CommChe » Thu, 15. Apr 04, 07:01

squidinc wrote:cheers :)
really useful tips, I think I'll have a go

( new to this game, almost gave up )

another quick question ( probably been asked before a million times )
is going through the whole story really necessary? do the khaak attack any way if I don't go beyond mission 2? I've no real interest in the story :)
Yeah great tips - really kickstarted my game. I now have 80 stations, 300 ships and about 600 million creds!

Wait until you buy a destroyer - then do the plot missions. It's a blast! literally :D

admjones
x2

Post by admjones » Tue, 20. Apr 04, 22:39

Cheers - just bought the game yesterday and found the advice here really useful. I've been looking for a game like this since Privateer II - The Darkening :)

Unsure what path I want to take so far (tradeing/fighting) - would I be right in thinking that you can switch between them whenever you like once you have enough credits?

Thanks for the help!

Viper2000
x2

Post by Viper2000 » Fri, 23. Apr 04, 20:57

great advice! I've got a maxed out mako now and it makes dealing with pirates so much easier. I set my mercury up to autotrade (trade extension mk3 is cool if you're lazy like me :lol: ) and so I leave that in a nice safe sector whilst I kill pirates in boron space. I found a pirate base that provides a regular supply :D and now the credits are mounting up. I'm currently saving up to fit out a captured bayomon, cos 4 guns seems like a good idea. Then I'll start an SPP empire and soon I will RULE THE GALAXY WITH AN IRON FIST :twisted:

Well I will once I can afford some M1s, M2s, M6s and BIG GUNS :lol:

(/\)arped
x4

Post by (/\)arped » Fri, 23. Apr 04, 22:15

And finaly bought SPP. Set it in the Ore Belt
Spoiler
Show
Why did you set it there?? (Sorry you could'nt have known.)
After mission three, Khaak start appearing everywhere in that sector, making life difficult.
But don't start again. pronlems are for solving not avoiding.

Adlain
xr

Post by Adlain » Fri, 30. Apr 04, 01:46

admjones wrote:I've been looking for a game like this since Privateer II - The Darkening :)
Ahh, Priv 2, now that was a Brilliant game........ shame it just wont run under anything after win 98 :(

Great Tips Nanook, it has help me get started, i was dying a slow death trading in that bloody merc (mine had 88 top speed)

now already made 500k within an hour after getting that manta so im happy :D

Azriphale
x3tc

Post by Azriphale » Mon, 3. May 04, 14:30

Try setting up a wheat farm in The Wall. You can set the sell price to maximum (46Cr) and the local stations still buy from you. All you need to do is supply the e.cells from the five SPPs in the sector. You can always get them for 9Cr. :)

I make the costs 135Cr per cycle (15 e.cells) and gross profit 460Cr (10 Wheat). The really nice thing is you can use you discovery to supply your station.

Just don't try leaving SETA running until you have some defence. Flaming Khaak!!! :evil:

BobTheDog
x3

Post by BobTheDog » Mon, 10. May 04, 23:39

I've been looking for a thread like this for so long... GREAT info :D

This gets a Favorites..

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”