To All New X2 Players - Starting Out * SPOILER ? * UPDATED

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Al
x3tc

Post by Al » Fri, 13. Feb 04, 15:41

squidinc wrote:

another quick question ( probably been asked before a million times )
is going through the whole story really necessary? do the khaak attack any way if I don't go beyond mission 2? I've no real interest in the story :)
Yes they will eventually attack regardless of what you do.

Al
X2 Capture Guru - X3:TC Noob :D
X2 Capture Guide

Lutzie
x2

Post by Lutzie » Fri, 13. Feb 04, 15:48

IIRC there's two triggers. One is story based and one is money based.

However I'm not sure how the money one works.

Is it when you've got a net worth of X amount, or when you're carrying around x amount?
People, LEARN:

Lose: To be unsuccessful in retaining possession of; for example: He's always losing his money.
Loose: Not fastened or restrained; for example: Loose papers

Beans
x2

Post by Beans » Fri, 13. Feb 04, 15:48

nice, ta

*runs off to play*

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 13. Feb 04, 19:45

The plot is totally ignorable. The Khaak will come anyway, and even if you do the plot, they don't go away. Ah, well, you needed a challenge anyway, right? :P
Having an Acronym Attack? See the Ego FAQ. Also now for Terran Conflict and Albion Prelude.
NOT an Egosoft employee.

puzzler
x2

Post by puzzler » Sun, 15. Feb 04, 10:36

Really good advice this!!! Well Done :wink:

Flyer...

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Sun, 15. Feb 04, 20:43

Thanks, glad it helps :)
Having an Acronym Attack? See the Ego FAQ. Also now for Terran Conflict and Albion Prelude.
NOT an Egosoft employee.

Shrink
x2

Post by Shrink » Sun, 15. Feb 04, 20:54

Cheers squire, this really helps those of us who have just started back in the space sim world.
Shrink :)

Summo
x3

Post by Summo » Sun, 15. Feb 04, 21:18

Top tips! Thank you.

Cubiashi
x2

Post by Cubiashi » Sun, 15. Feb 04, 22:23

I've got to try this thanx mate

Orrah
x4

Post by Orrah » Sun, 15. Feb 04, 22:56

'Lutz' wrote:IIRC there's two triggers. One is story based and one is money based.

However I'm not sure how the money one works.

Is it when you've got a net worth of X amount, or when you're carrying around x amount?
It must be the net worth, cuz I think I was only carrying 20 or 30k credits when the Khaak attacked...

Scribblette
x2

Post by Scribblette » Mon, 16. Feb 04, 00:06

mm.. ok, while it would be funky to have craploads of cash that early on.. eh, I'd feel guilty about stripping a ship that is supposed to be owned by someone else. Sure, I know they won't come after me complaining about how I ruined their ship.. but.. eh, I feel like I'd be cheating.

Not that I'm knocking anyone else doing it. I just want to do things the hard way. Hehe.

No, I'm NOT playing on X-treme :P all the voice overs say the ship I'm in starts with guns and basic upgrades no matter what level I start at so I might as well start with 'em!

Hehe.

littlej999
x2

Post by littlej999 » Mon, 16. Feb 04, 00:29

id completed mission 2 when i discovered this but thanks anyway - will try next time around

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 16. Feb 04, 09:07

Scribblette wrote:mm.. ok, while it would be funky to have craploads of cash that early on.. eh, I'd feel guilty about stripping a ship that is supposed to be owned by someone else. Sure, I know they won't come after me complaining about how I ruined their ship.. but.. eh, I feel like I'd be cheating.

Not that I'm knocking anyone else doing it. I just want to do things the hard way. Hehe.

No, I'm NOT playing on X-treme :P all the voice overs say the ship I'm in starts with guns and basic upgrades no matter what level I start at so I might as well start with 'em!

Hehe.
It's not cheating at all. Your character is a reforming pirate, and it would be logical for him to take whatever he can. The devs compensated for this by making your free Mercury a pile of scrap. If you take the equipment from the express, your new Mercury comes with a whole 5% hull value and a top speed of 15m/s and worth about 2300cr Not even worth repairing :P
NOT an Egosoft employee.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 16. Feb 04, 22:40

littlej999 wrote:id completed mission 2 when i discovered this but thanks anyway - will try next time around
Heh, you won't need these tips next time around, you'll be a veteran by then :D Probably have thought up lots of even better ways by then. Last game I started on Xtreme with a bare-bones disco. Built up my initial wealth by collecting 'secret cargo container' from all over. Found enough to fully equip a mining ship and went mining. So many options, so little time :D
NOT an Egosoft employee.

redoulent2
x2

Post by redoulent2 » Mon, 16. Feb 04, 23:19

The Khakki :lol: came twice for me. Once after I completed the trigger missions, and once after I bought and place my 2nd factory. I got the message for Bandana Boy and watched the video. However, it wasn't until the 2nd time I got the message that I actually watched the video feed and the factories in president's end actually blew up. Try it people and let me know if the same happens for you.

I did it a second time just to see. The trigger is the video feed.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”