To All New X2 Players - Starting Out * SPOILER ? * UPDATED

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

heilel
x2

Post by heilel » Tue, 16. Mar 04, 08:13

It would be nice if this was made sticky, as it seems to be updated with mroe information as time goes on.

Great guide btw and thanks :)

Prosthetic Head
x3

Post by Prosthetic Head » Fri, 19. Mar 04, 02:40

Buy m3?? nope didn't sink in - i'll try again,

buy m3?? nope its no good

once more.. Buy an M3???

nope capture em - capture about 7-10 of the type you want send em all to the same ship yard and give all the combined equipment to the best 1 (or 2 if you been REALLY LUCKY) and sell the others repair the best and send it to the equipment dock for engine tunings, etc.

an bit of pirate bashing keeps your reputation in order so you dont become 2 disliked. (i dont want to know what happens to your landed ships if a shipyard becomes hostile.)

Teachinator

Post by Teachinator » Fri, 19. Mar 04, 05:24

So if I start the game in easy mode to get all those mods to my disco, will it make the whole rest of the game EASY and less challenging?

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 19. Mar 04, 05:58

No. The only thing the difficulty mode affects is the starting condition of your ship and your starting credits.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Fragicula
x2

Post by Fragicula » Fri, 19. Mar 04, 16:35

Thanks a lot, that really helped. Though I bought the Doplphin instead of the Manta, because I thougth, more storage room would be nice. Only noticed later that the Mercury was about the same :oops:
Anyway, already got my first Solarplant thanks to this tip.

ddt92704
x2

hells bells

Post by ddt92704 » Wed, 24. Mar 04, 00:54

i'm ready to start over

i've been farting around with the disco
i sold the merc long ago

damn disco is gutless for fire power
speed is great for mapping universe

i tried jacking a ship
but, could not get in

pain in the rear buying a M4

trading silicon... is that the ticket?

thanks for the tip

Greyhawk1
x3tc

Post by Greyhawk1 » Wed, 24. Mar 04, 01:42

:(

I've been playing this traditional like so far. Argnu Meat trading between Ranches and Cahoona Bakeries in the beat up Mercury as is (with a slight engine tune). Netted me 13,000 in about an hour of playing. Not a lot but I prefer doing things the hard way and building slowly. I've already got Master Trader and I've not been playing long.

I've steadily upgraded some systems, got a shield and a weapon for the Mercury plus a Gamma thingy for the Discoverer. Added some missiles too.

I'll have to remember that tip about cargo inside space stations. So far I havent seen any yet but I'll keep looking.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 24. Mar 04, 01:55

That's fine. :) This thread was intended to help those having a hard time getting into X2. It's a better way of learning how things work than the limited tutorials. Once someone is familiar with how the game works and what some of the limitless possiblities are, I would hope that they would start a new game and do their own thing. Personally, being a veteran of both X-BTF and X-T, I always start my X2 Xperiences on X-Treme mode and choose a different path with each new game. :D
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

epochnoire

Post by epochnoire » Sat, 27. Mar 04, 00:32

something gotta be wrong there... I ve setup to start my career as a trader, but i m buying silicon for 511cr (kingdoms end) and selling for 469cr (rocks drift).... and thats the best price i could find! :cry: Did the prices change in the last patch or?

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Sat, 27. Mar 04, 00:41

No, it's all supply and demand. Unfortunately for you, it sounds like an NPC freighter beat you to the Silicon Mine. If you wait long enough, it will restock. You can probably find some other good deals if you look around. But, there are no guarantees in X2.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sat, 27. Mar 04, 00:41

heilel wrote:It would be nice if this was made sticky, as it seems to be updated with mroe information as time goes on.
Added link from the Ultimate Guide thread. :)

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Sat, 27. Mar 04, 00:44

CBJ wrote:
heilel wrote:It would be nice if this was made sticky, as it seems to be updated with mroe information as time goes on.
Added link from the Ultimate Guide thread. :)
Thanks, CBJ. :D :thumb_up:

lm610
x2

Post by lm610 » Mon, 29. Mar 04, 01:56

ood info here thanks mate

frontrunner
x2

Post by frontrunner » Tue, 30. Mar 04, 14:23

:) Thanx i will give it a go

ClaumaniC

Post by ClaumaniC » Tue, 30. Mar 04, 17:38

After you'v got 300.000cr,go to interworlds,omicron lyrae or ministry of finance an buy an ore mine.
Spoiler
Show
in ministry of finance thers 2,1 silicon,1 ore asteroid thats OVER 50 yeild
[A fresh start]

Rapid
x2

Post by Rapid » Thu, 1. Apr 04, 00:09

As i am new to any space sim i thought i would give X2 a try so i bought it,thanks to your tips and others i am enjoying it even more...

Fancy-That
x2

Post by Fancy-That » Thu, 1. Apr 04, 21:37

Oh boy i think im gonna have to start the game again :( dam dam dam,

why did i not buy another ship first instead of buying some **** and more **** for my current m5 (*thinks is it m5?)

well whatever it is im noob hate the game already and bored attempting to get money up,

So to fix the problem its START AGAIN and do as the man says :D sound s like a great idea to me :D

when should ya get the best wares installed then?

suicidalfoetus
x3tc

Post by suicidalfoetus » Fri, 2. Apr 04, 02:04

In answer to your question. The Khaak do eventually appear if you ignore the story after mission two and start doing your own thing. It just takes a great deal longer for them to appear. I had explored a great deal of the map before getting a message about the Khaak attack in Presidents End.

The only downside to this is that when you do eventually decide to tackle mission three, you then have to take a longer route to Brennans Triumph from the goner temple. Incidentally, If you are flying with wingmen, on mission three and haven't "activated" the Khaak, be careful. As soon as you leave Presidents End and enter Elenas Fortune the script that initialises the Khaak destroys everything in Presidents End, (including your wingmen). To preserve the wingmen, send them into Elenas Fortune ahead of you.
May the wind be always at your back

suicidalfoetus
x3tc

Post by suicidalfoetus » Fri, 2. Apr 04, 02:31

Duh, silly me, I didn't see how many pages were up before I posted my reply.

BTW, Can anybody out there tell me how to use the Spacefly collector. As there doesn't seem any way to make it workon it's own. If I use the ion disruptor I can catch the buggers, but am wondering if anyone can give me some pointers on spacefly hunting
May the wind be always at your back

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 2. Apr 04, 02:39

suicidalfoetus wrote:Duh, silly me, I didn't see how many pages were up before I posted my reply.

BTW, Can anybody out there tell me how to use the Spacefly collector. As there doesn't seem any way to make it workon it's own. If I use the ion disruptor I can catch the buggers, but am wondering if anyone can give me some pointers on spacefly hunting
The spacefly collector works automatically. Once you've zapped some spaceflies with the Ion D, open your cargo bay and collect them. You can't target them so you have to use visual. And they wake up fairly quickly. What I do is continue to zap them until they enter my hold.

BTW, without the collector, they would end up like astronauts without the cargo life support system, nonexistant. :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”