To All New X2 Players - Starting Out * SPOILER ? * UPDATED

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

scizits

Post by scizits » Fri, 27. Sep 13, 19:14

Thanks loads for this info. But I was wondering if you opted to get the "Dolphin" instead of selling the weapons from the "Discoverer" could you use them to start with on the Dolphin ?

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 27. Sep 13, 20:18

Dolphins can't mount weapons.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Masochisto
x3tc

Post by Masochisto » Fri, 27. Sep 13, 22:14

Nanook wrote:Dolphins can't mount weapons.
[ external image ]

scizits

Post by scizits » Sat, 28. Sep 13, 01:22

OK thank you for the info :oops:

scizits

Post by scizits » Fri, 4. Oct 13, 14:18

I thought it had a turret ? :?

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Fri, 4. Oct 13, 16:25

Dolphin doesn't have a turret, no. I think it's one of the only ships in-game that is entirely without weapons (the Goner Ranger being the only other one I can think of offhand).

scizits

Post by scizits » Fri, 4. Oct 13, 17:30

I don't know what has happened but am sitting in the cockpit of my newly purchased BORON DOLPHIN and the HUD reads as follows; Boron Dolphin M I.D.YTSPU-08 (TS) SHIELD 15000/15000 HULL 15000/15000 and next in line LASER 2000/2000 C.M.D. none ---the Cargo Bay states LASER TURRET BACK Gamma Ray Emitter LASER TARGET COMPUTER . I hope to GOD I'm not Crazy .....

:roll: Could it be some new update ?? I just purchased the

Humble Bundle package :?:

Masochisto
x3tc

Post by Masochisto » Fri, 4. Oct 13, 17:57

Dolphin has a rear turret in X2, but not in X3 up... this thread is about X2, but some people were confused.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 4. Oct 13, 19:16

Oops, my bad. They do indeed mount weapons in the turret.
scizits wrote:Thanks loads for this info. But I was wondering if you opted to get the "Dolphin" instead of selling the weapons from the "Discoverer" could you use them to start with on the Dolphin ?
So to answer this, yes, you can. But you're still better off selling them for the cash. The weapons won't do you a lot of good in the Dolphin's turret, and the money you get from selling them is better used for buying and selling trade goods at this point. Later, once you're flush with credits, you can mount some guns if you like.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

scizits

Post by scizits » Fri, 4. Oct 13, 22:45

AAaaahhh ! OK thanks I'm not Crazy after all ... I did do something ,that may be an Idea for some one starting out . Once I stripped and sold all the stuff from the loaned ship I Saved Game when I had close to the 400,000cr.
and continued the game trading and updating that ship (I liked it's speed and handling ) I got it pretty well Maxed with the software for both Trading and getting along with the the little "quick run jobs" and working my way all over finally got to Kingdom End with a little over 300,000cr I Saved the game here again (taking note to remember both the first save with the 400,000 and this one before buying my new Boron. I bought each one first the Maco and then the Dolphin Saving each one in separate spots. If one takes care to not wipe out these 5 saves you can have a go at 4 different scenarios and your ready with all needed Software.

:roll:

Masochisto
x3tc

Post by Masochisto » Sat, 5. Oct 13, 01:48

Thats a great point Scizits. Saving and experimenting is a great way to learn the game better.

X2's plot did a decent job of loaning you a few different ships at the start so you could understand their differences.

scizits

Post by scizits » Sat, 5. Oct 13, 05:32

This whole series of X- games are simply Fantastic. There is a lifetime of entertainment here for any one that desire it .
I got another chance to experiment, I was looking into the start menu for X2 and when I saw alternate Universe start so I clicked on Example :o
I got a Boron Hydra - with 2-125Mw shields, i/2 of the Speed updated,
900mw Power Gen. ,1 Beta 1 Gamma Hi-Energy Plasma throwers, and hanging in it's belly a Boron Octopus . I need some real help , I only have
about 1000cr -the Octo. with its tiny hold will take me 1.6 Million years to fill
the Hydra now if i sold one of the 125Mw Shields I'd have about 900,000cr
and that would get me the necessary transport plus all the necessary Software needed to get some serious Trade going .. :? Yes or No Anyone?

DryName
x4

Re: To All New X2 Players - Starting Out * SPOILER ? * UPDATED

Post by DryName » Tue, 21. Dec 21, 05:26

So I haven't started a campaign just yet but this thread is super informative. I am however starting with the tutorials and I love that his last name is Seldom :D

On a side note, does anyone have directions to the forum rules. I've tried typing in rules in the english forum search and the home forum with nada to show for it. I am new to these kind of forums (facebook is the closet thing i have used) and I want to make sure not to break the rules. I am sorry if there was something in the sign up when I created an account. I am a US American and we have been conditioned to skip the fine print. :oops:

DanKara
x4

Post by DanKara » Tue, 21. Dec 21, 08:59

DryName wrote:
Tue, 21. Dec 21, 05:26
... and I want to make sure not to break the rules.
Forum Rules you find here or somewhat more recent here. Essentially stay calm, stay civil. You may already get a mild reprimand from Moderators about reviving a thread this old, though. :P

This sub-forum was created by combining earlier sub-forums that where dedicated to each game of the "trilogy". Each with tons of stickied threads of gold, now all buried somewhere. How about you take on the task of collecting all the "forgotten knowledge" in a seperate thread?

... and already finished with XBtF?

PS: I should have started with: Welcome to X!
Last edited by Alan Phipps on Tue, 21. Dec 21, 12:52, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Corrected second link.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 21. Dec 21, 20:49

DanKara wrote:
Tue, 21. Dec 21, 08:59
This sub-forum was created by combining earlier sub-forums that where dedicated to each game of the "trilogy".
That must have been before 2005, more likely in 2002, although I can't remember when word "trilogy" did appear. Might have been named "X Universe" before. You are right though, this sub-forum has been the place for X beyond the frontier, X-Tension, X2 the Threat, X3 Reunion, X3 Terran Conflict, and X3 Albion Prelude (although the earliest two have least threads, I think). The later releases: X Rebirth, X4: Foundations, and X3 Farnham's Legacy have their own sub-fora.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

DryName
x4

Post by DryName » Tue, 21. Dec 21, 21:25

Thank you so much and I understand that I might have did something wrong here but in my defense the bottom of the original post encourages the bumping of this post to keep it relevant and I've been living under a rock for so long that the term necro is new to me but I have picked up the basics of what it means. So if this post isn't supposed to be bumped anymore perhaps a moderator could snip out that line, should be right above the bottom edit.

To help reinforce how new I am to forums like this I thought the spoiler tag was some sort of incognito mode at first.

And I haven't beat XBTF yet but I only had about a hour to play last night and I thought I would play around with the tutorials in X2 to see what will change. I plan on playing X-Tension next though.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 21. Dec 21, 21:35

It's OK and let's leave the necro here where it at least fits in with the thread theme. It may encourage others to take up X2!
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”