To All New X2 Players - Starting Out * SPOILER ? * UPDATED

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Al
x3tc

Post by Al » Fri, 13. Feb 04, 14:41

squidinc wrote:

another quick question ( probably been asked before a million times )
is going through the whole story really necessary? do the khaak attack any way if I don't go beyond mission 2? I've no real interest in the story :)
Yes they will eventually attack regardless of what you do.

Al
X2 Capture Guru - X3:TC Noob :D
X2 Capture Guide

Lutzie
x2

Post by Lutzie » Fri, 13. Feb 04, 14:48

IIRC there's two triggers. One is story based and one is money based.

However I'm not sure how the money one works.

Is it when you've got a net worth of X amount, or when you're carrying around x amount?
People, LEARN:

Lose: To be unsuccessful in retaining possession of; for example: He's always losing his money.
Loose: Not fastened or restrained; for example: Loose papers

Beans
x2

Post by Beans » Fri, 13. Feb 04, 14:48

nice, ta

*runs off to play*

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 13. Feb 04, 18:45

The plot is totally ignorable. The Khaak will come anyway, and even if you do the plot, they don't go away. Ah, well, you needed a challenge anyway, right? :P
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

puzzler
x2

Post by puzzler » Sun, 15. Feb 04, 09:36

Really good advice this!!! Well Done :wink:

Flyer...

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Sun, 15. Feb 04, 19:43

Thanks, glad it helps :)
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

Shrink
x2

Post by Shrink » Sun, 15. Feb 04, 19:54

Cheers squire, this really helps those of us who have just started back in the space sim world.
Shrink :)

Summo
x3

Post by Summo » Sun, 15. Feb 04, 20:18

Top tips! Thank you.

Cubiashi
x2

Post by Cubiashi » Sun, 15. Feb 04, 21:23

I've got to try this thanx mate

Orrah
x4

Post by Orrah » Sun, 15. Feb 04, 21:56

'Lutz' wrote:IIRC there's two triggers. One is story based and one is money based.

However I'm not sure how the money one works.

Is it when you've got a net worth of X amount, or when you're carrying around x amount?
It must be the net worth, cuz I think I was only carrying 20 or 30k credits when the Khaak attacked...

Scribblette
x2

Post by Scribblette » Sun, 15. Feb 04, 23:06

mm.. ok, while it would be funky to have craploads of cash that early on.. eh, I'd feel guilty about stripping a ship that is supposed to be owned by someone else. Sure, I know they won't come after me complaining about how I ruined their ship.. but.. eh, I feel like I'd be cheating.

Not that I'm knocking anyone else doing it. I just want to do things the hard way. Hehe.

No, I'm NOT playing on X-treme :P all the voice overs say the ship I'm in starts with guns and basic upgrades no matter what level I start at so I might as well start with 'em!

Hehe.

littlej999
x2

Post by littlej999 » Sun, 15. Feb 04, 23:29

id completed mission 2 when i discovered this but thanks anyway - will try next time around

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 16. Feb 04, 08:07

Scribblette wrote:mm.. ok, while it would be funky to have craploads of cash that early on.. eh, I'd feel guilty about stripping a ship that is supposed to be owned by someone else. Sure, I know they won't come after me complaining about how I ruined their ship.. but.. eh, I feel like I'd be cheating.

Not that I'm knocking anyone else doing it. I just want to do things the hard way. Hehe.

No, I'm NOT playing on X-treme :P all the voice overs say the ship I'm in starts with guns and basic upgrades no matter what level I start at so I might as well start with 'em!

Hehe.
It's not cheating at all. Your character is a reforming pirate, and it would be logical for him to take whatever he can. The devs compensated for this by making your free Mercury a pile of scrap. If you take the equipment from the express, your new Mercury comes with a whole 5% hull value and a top speed of 15m/s and worth about 2300cr Not even worth repairing :P

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 16. Feb 04, 21:40

littlej999 wrote:id completed mission 2 when i discovered this but thanks anyway - will try next time around
Heh, you won't need these tips next time around, you'll be a veteran by then :D Probably have thought up lots of even better ways by then. Last game I started on Xtreme with a bare-bones disco. Built up my initial wealth by collecting 'secret cargo container' from all over. Found enough to fully equip a mining ship and went mining. So many options, so little time :D

redoulent2
x2

Post by redoulent2 » Mon, 16. Feb 04, 22:19

The Khakki :lol: came twice for me. Once after I completed the trigger missions, and once after I bought and place my 2nd factory. I got the message for Bandana Boy and watched the video. However, it wasn't until the 2nd time I got the message that I actually watched the video feed and the factories in president's end actually blew up. Try it people and let me know if the same happens for you.

I did it a second time just to see. The trigger is the video feed.

Jimac
x3

Post by Jimac » Tue, 17. Feb 04, 01:15

Very useful post M8..wish I'd read it yesterday :lol:

Prosthetic Head
x3

Post by Prosthetic Head » Tue, 17. Feb 04, 01:45

lucky i have a save from moments before i watched that clip - i'm off to test if its true or not.

if not i'm gonna transport a crystal factory from argon prime to kingdoms end - the ai crystal factories there just aint reliable enouph to keep my ssp going you wont belive how often i'm running outta resources there.

p.s. whats with the boron having no crystal factories froom the shipyard.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 17. Feb 04, 10:51

p.s. whats with the boron having no crystal factories froom the shipyard.
They do have crystal fabs for sale, in some of their other shipyards. Not all factories a race sells are available at all of their shipyards. A reason to explore. :)

SteveMill
x4

Post by SteveMill » Tue, 17. Feb 04, 13:00

Haven't read all the posts but here's a useful tip. Check the bulletin board when you dock - before buying or selling. Often there is a mission like "we need x cargo and offer best prices and big reward" which can really ramp up the value of the good in your hold.

Meatsteak cahoona's attract a big premium in these missions. Set up a factory in Argon space for when you come across these.

heilel
x2

Post by heilel » Tue, 17. Feb 04, 13:03

Oooh, nice...noted.
But I'll probably try and do something similar in normal difficulty.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”