Ultimate Ship Size Comparison: SIDE/FRONT/TOP views!! [updated 08/09/09]

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 9. May 09, 18:48

No, that's not how he did it--AFAIK the X3R one was done by getting people to send him snapshots of all the ships along with the distance they were away when they took the picture; he then scaled them appropriately.

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Sat, 9. May 09, 19:18

awwww.... that is a lot more complex and time consuming...

I think that I'll redo it with bigger ships and a white background. (still less time consuming than modifiying older images)

(the terran ships have some small problems so they will be a special case...)

stay tuned for further updates. :lol:
Trade, Fight, Build, Think, Modify.
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock
SIDE/TOP/FRONT Ship Size Comparison
Remember young Padawan: money stolen can be, time cannot.

Phosphene
x3tc

Post by Phosphene » Sun, 10. May 09, 04:52

Man why are the teladi ships so much larger than anybody elses? I'm talking X3 reunion.
I mean, the phoenix dwarfs everything else, jesus.

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Sun, 10. May 09, 05:12

Phoenix and Condor in addition to their normal destroyer armaments also have very big cargo bays, biggest in the whole class.

That's how Teladi work, even destroyer has to be able to double as a freighter.

I remember in Reunion one of them could even build stations, only one ship like that in the whole class. It was changed in TC though.

zigyzigy
x3tc

Post by zigyzigy » Sat, 16. May 09, 15:52

why cant you dock like m6s and some of the smller m7s into that beast of a ship that is the phoenix ?!

also, anyone else think that the designers got bored of designing ATF ships? look at the similarities between odin and valhalla, cut the odin down the middle and the replicate it, space it all out and fill the gaps in withsome tubes and you have the vallhalla haha

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Sat, 16. May 09, 15:56

because Egosoft said that no M7/M6 can dock to other ships.
I don't agree on the M6, but M7 are better in space than docked imho.
no other rational explanation available... :D

for Valhalla... yeah, it is the uglier ship of the game files (because, thanks god, it is not in game)

and for Dev's lazynes... please don't even talk about that... I'm doing a mod and I have to wrestle all the time with "their quick solutions" and other stupid things never fixed even if that was to correct a simple number (like the Ghoul missile).
:lol:
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock

XanII
x4

Post by XanII » Mon, 25. May 09, 07:38

Have you continued to modify the ship pictures so its more printer friendly?
X3:TC Heavy M6 guide : : : Let's pretend you are an addict, lets pretend that you are a X-games player... but i am repeating myself here.

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Mon, 25. May 09, 11:00

I'm waiting that exogenesis makes some improvements to his program, to let me shot images with bigger ships, a white background and decent lighting (to have more image quality and still being printable).

Reworking the old images is long and difficult, and the final result is patchy at best. Not worth it.

when I'll redo it it will be good, but for now I don't have the right instruments.
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock

amtie
x3tc

Post by amtie » Mon, 25. May 09, 11:15

What you've done so far is great work! I thought of doing something like this, but I am diseased with the "cant be bothered" syndrome. Well done! Keep it up!

XanII
x4

Post by XanII » Mon, 25. May 09, 12:19

Good to hear it still moves. i'll keep the bonfire burning under the printer then.
X3:TC Heavy M6 guide : : : Let's pretend you are an addict, lets pretend that you are a X-games player... but i am repeating myself here.

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Mon, 15. Jun 09, 22:56

For the DDRS and now DDTC mods we've done some printable size comparisons as well, but not with the systematic professionalism you've displayed!.

The size contrasts between M6 and M7 class ships is the most shocking, imo, though size differences within the same classes can be pretty surprising as well.

For DDTC mod ships (70 and counting!) I've done my best to give our ships specs commensurate with their actual in-game displacement volumes. So while there are still some pretty odd discrepancies between vanilla ships and the specs their sizes would suggest, our own ships are pretty well scaled in that regard.

sferum

Post by sferum » Mon, 29. Jun 09, 00:26

Thank you! This is awesome....

It's just a pity that the resolution is so low :(
http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/2213 ... 715ux8.gif

***MODIFIED***
Español - English - Deutsch

DeadlyDarkness
x3tc

Post by DeadlyDarkness » Mon, 29. Jun 09, 01:10

It's interesting, as it does explain why some ships are strong and others aren't. We know the shrike is tiny, but man, so is the Boreas.

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Mon, 29. Jun 09, 10:30

sferum wrote:It's just a pity that the resolution is so low
I know... to have better resolution I need to have a shot on bigger ships in Model Viewer, and that is impossible until exogenesis upgrades the program.
I'm waiting the update to make a wallpaper-ish comparison (with white background).

@DeadlyDarkness: obvious it is so small! it is a Light Destroyer... :rofl:
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock

sferum

Post by sferum » Wed, 1. Jul 09, 16:19

someone else wrote:
sferum wrote:It's just a pity that the resolution is so low
I know... to have better resolution I need to have a shot on bigger ships in Model Viewer, and that is impossible until exogenesis upgrades the program.
I'm waiting the update to make a wallpaper-ish comparison (with white background).
looking foward for it :roll:
http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/2213 ... 715ux8.gif

***MODIFIED***
Español - English - Deutsch

IceFire909
x4

Post by IceFire909 » Wed, 1. Jul 09, 19:55

40 #Deca CPU ship has creepyass looking eyes on it

and am I the only one who thinks the Valhalla looks badass (and wants to pilot it)
Incoming Message (4 New Messages)
Your Xenon K has Blue Screen of Death'd.
Your #deca CPU ship has 404'd.
Your Xenon P was docking and has stopped responding.
Your #deca.cefa has limited or no network connectivity.

verdeboy2k
x4

Post by verdeboy2k » Sun, 12. Jul 09, 08:17

[quote="IceSilver"
and am I the only one who thinks the Valhalla looks badass (and wants to pilot it)[/quote]

No, but you better use a gateless jump mod, because the Valhalla is bigger than a gate. But it is worth it because it has external docking clamps, which is badass (yay, it can dock M6/TS/TP!), and a 60 fighter hanger capacity.

However, it makes the Teladi Phoenix look positively lithe.

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Sun, 12. Jul 09, 12:39

I'm sure this has been mentioned, but this is a must have on my wish list for the sugggested X Box ultimate compendium - Imagine this on a huge poster.. YUM!

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Sun, 12. Jul 09, 13:38

UPDATE!!! :D Gates Added to comparison. (mild spoilers)

FIX!!!! that wicked Sky Drive was RESIZING MY IMAGES. Changed host to imageshack.

@all those who want a wallpaper: go harass Exogenesis :lol: until its program isn't updated to include the things I proposed i cannot make a cool wallpaper.
or suggest me another tool. :D
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock

Vanguard3000
x4

Post by Vanguard3000 » Mon, 13. Jul 09, 04:46

Whoa! Nice picture. I agree, the Valhalla looks like a pretty sweet ride. It would be totally awesome if those side nacelles could retract or fold inward to make it slim enough to fit through gates.

Also, where can I find that Terran jumpgate? I thought maybe it was the Asteroid Belt gate, and I hadn't noticed, but there's just a regular old "Commonwealth" gate there.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”