Multiplayer would it be possable

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

firefly28
x3tc

Post by firefly28 » Sun, 19. Apr 09, 00:01

Yet another multiplayer thread.......I'm starting to that the multiplayer/LAN/online topic is like herpes............they just won't go away.
:lol:

Ok thats a good point for me to vacate this topic , theres pros and cons I guess but I just think why completely mutilate a winning formulae, MP is overatted and I say that as someone who used to be obsessed with making everything MP and then I gradually saw the mammoth amounts of flaws (Even bigger than the X mammoth :) )

Each to their own and I shall just finish by saying I hope this most probable MMO change in direction isnt the deathnell for any longterm game that requires skill in place with MMOS which are great for people that have no job (Nothing against those people but you want a game that requires skill not just based on time based grind which is what MMOS are all about no matter how you look at it)

Also I see it as pretty much a sure thing X will go MMO and egosoft being a company are going to jump at the idea so they can get constant revenue monthly, I think people are mugs to show interest in this thing as it all contributes to turning a free passtime into a premium pay service, sure you can say you will save money well no because many people like to play many many games and if you add that up when every game in the future is pay to play that is alot more money and gimmicky gameplay all based around feeding corporate fat cats as opposed to just making a great standard game, this MMO mentality just gives devs and corporates an easy time as every quest will still be excepeted if it is just all mundane crap and nearly identical as thats what MMOs are about, yeah so you get one practically every MMO that has a success i.e wow but that leaves a whole lot of rubbish out there, just think about what is getting advocated

I am sure I will get hassle for this mentality but the whole way gaming is going is something I feel strongly about and it is my view none the less but thats all I have to say on the matter
"Freedom is a rich mans dish, a poor mans illusion" :: Firefly28
Cool browser game: http://firefly28.mybrute.com

GrahamAtome
x3tc

Post by GrahamAtome » Sun, 19. Apr 09, 00:10

head desk, head desk please stop

Targ Collective
x4

Post by Targ Collective » Sun, 19. Apr 09, 00:12

Multiplayer is not going to happen in the X universe. Egosoft have expressed interest in multiplayer games in the past, and the next Big Project could even be multiplayer, who knows?

For now, MP is not happening. That's that.

maphys
x3tc

Post by maphys » Sun, 19. Apr 09, 00:24

Right so now it is time to start talking about walking around on stations and controlling your marines as they storm a ship, FPS style?

Or is it cockpits next? I must be tired I cannot remember the order we normally go around these loops.

M

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Sun, 19. Apr 09, 01:01

Nadrek wrote:Fortunately, nuclear_eclipse created exactly such a form of control, and Doomed498 took over updating it some time ago. Please look at the X3 Remote Property Manager, in
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... sc&start=0
OK - sorry! A management screen only, remote single player interface was possible to create. It has been around for years, requires 30+mb of scripts & web development and still is at pre-release stage (version 0.8 ). And doesn't allow anything close to the sort of functionality being asked for here.

Which still supports the original point of no form of remote control, single player or multi is easy!

Have to admit tho, that looks quite interesting. Didn't read enough (yet) to work out whether there is an X3TC version or not, but I will :D

Tim
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

fOSSil
x3tc

Post by fOSSil » Sun, 19. Apr 09, 02:15

Hello again, are there more people like me that spend more time on these forums than on the actual game itself?

These forums combined with X3 are the best "multiplayer game" I ever came across. And when I do play, I'm thinking of what Nuklear_Slug for example is up to right now and try to beat him capturing that Terran Lifter. It's all imagination of course, but it is much better than...

...Actually going toe to toe with him and be missile spammed and see the game over sliding into view. I think that would be just pointless and adds nothing to the game.

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Sun, 19. Apr 09, 02:20

fOSSil wrote:Hello again, are there more people like me that spend more time on these forums than on the actual game itself?
Unfortunately, yes...

Tim
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Sun, 19. Apr 09, 02:25

GrahamAtome wrote:head desk, head desk please stop
Feel free to exercise your right to ignore this thread. You won't get a headache that way.

Mustikos
x3tc

Post by Mustikos » Sun, 19. Apr 09, 03:27

I'd gladly kick seta in the pants for multiplayer.. even if she(seta) is a hot broad with an amazing rack ...
I don't kiss @$$, I kick it!
davesgameworld.com

magicorp1

Post by magicorp1 » Sat, 2. May 09, 23:53

i would think it to be volintary if you wnat to play a game in multtuplayer when you start the gamw you could be able to chose to play wiht others on line

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”