[TC] Goner Aran Capped!!!!!!!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

cezarip
x3tc

Post by cezarip » Tue, 31. Mar 09, 12:21

Does it make any difference if you are in the ship and jump?
Provided that the laws of mathematics are
related to reality, they are not reliable. And if
they are reliable, they aren’t related to
reality.

Albert Einstein

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Tue, 31. Mar 09, 12:39

cezarip wrote:Does it make any difference if you are in the ship and jump?
Sorry, no - you need to be flying a different big ship (i.e. M1/M2/M7/etc) to get it to appear on the map in the first place. If you change ship (to the Aran) to try to jump it elsewhere, the Aran is no longer a target & disappears from the map again before you can do the jump.

EDIT: found a slightly more convenient way of locating an invisible Aran rather than wading through the whole Property menu. Don't seem to be able to set a homebase for the ship itself, however if the Aran is set up as a wing, that wing can have a homebase assigned (mine now appears on the owned ships menu at HQ) - much easier to find quickly.

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Tue, 31. Mar 09, 17:51

some good news: :D :D

From Xenon Slayer:
Xenon_Slayer wrote:That ship was included to be a unique ship, found only in the UFJD sectors. Obviously something is not right with it and it is under investigation.
post is located here : http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=240849
X gamer , one at a time.

mad_axeman
x3tc

Post by mad_axeman » Tue, 31. Mar 09, 17:55

You do realise that the fix might simply be to make it uncapturable....? They haven't said one way or the other yet.

Black Phoenix
x4

Post by Black Phoenix » Tue, 31. Mar 09, 18:27

palm911 wrote:has anyone put an advance satellite near the Aran? silly me. who knows if satellite makes a difference?
No effect at all before you capture it or after.

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Tue, 31. Mar 09, 18:54

then what is the point of creating a ship, if its not meant to be captured ? or being used by a player? or probably a nice plot or the continue of 1?
i can think of a plot of two, out of this unique vessel.

i think that makes sense. to get a UjD and start looking for it?

also if you see the code, there is a chance to get some equipment destroyed. Freight scanner, triplex and transporter device.

i can connect the dots without problems .. (probably me being paranoid?) hehe.
X gamer , one at a time.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Tue, 31. Mar 09, 22:31

palm911 wrote:then what is the point of creating a ship, if its not meant to be captured ? or being used by a player? or probably a nice plot or the continue of 1?
i can think of a plot of two, out of this unique vessel.

i think that makes sense. to get a UjD and start looking for it?

also if you see the code, there is a chance to get some equipment destroyed. Freight scanner, triplex and transporter device.

i can connect the dots without problems .. (probably me being paranoid?) hehe.
Just because your paranoid does not mean people are not out to get you ;)

I generally agree with what you are saying, it would be nice if the Goner Aran became targetable only after using the Jump Drive to return to normal sectors, that way if the place is swarming with Xenon/Kha'ak you have half a chance of returning with your prize.

I think the RE solution to the problem of targeting is probably our best bet for now and waiting ~8 days for the RE and Build seems rather appropriate given the apparent usefulness of the ship, but an alternative would be for a mission to be added to the Goner Temple (?) where by you can return the Salvaged Aran to them and then they will gift you a targetable replacement.
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Tue, 31. Mar 09, 22:42

well it will be cool if you had to defend the ship while "ship systems are restored" and have to deal with a good ammount of ships. (i would expect this to be Very hard) and always have a chance of failing the mission. a one time shoot. after all its a unique ship.

we all know how popular the sector auction was., not doing it correctly means you fail. that type of approach always help the inmersion value. and will keep people interested.

same type of approach should always apply to unique ships, get then sought after. make it difficult. (there is as far as i can tell another unique ship not being implemented . the valhalla.

having the prize is always more rewarding when there is a chance of not having it...

i hope Ego can put some creative mind behind the content. (wich in my opinion is one of the weak spots in their company)

i think the whole boarding aspect is also being abused. boarding should always get the ship disabled (with no race affiliation, and no pilot) and make it mission based to rescue a ship crew, with ship crews then the capitol ship can activated..

behind this. i think (personal opinion) that there is a lot of people that trains marines. work their way to get a M7m. and after that. its just a 40m a cap. i can make well over 1billion if not more, of capping in a full day of playing. if i devote myself to it.

ships that has ben bought (comes with crew) but there has to be a way to make the capital ship capturing a tad more difficult and rewarding. or you could also buy a full contingent of personel for a ship for 40 to 50 million one payment.

sorry for some offtopic read.
X gamer , one at a time.

LTerSlash
x4

Post by LTerSlash » Wed, 1. Apr 09, 04:15

Well after spending well over 2 hours in the futile search of a second aran i droping the idea of having a second one for now. and i will just use the one i got.

LTerSlash
x4

Post by LTerSlash » Wed, 1. Apr 09, 04:38

OK, i just found a way to live with the Aran being hidden.

-First, i set the Aran to a wing, White wing in my case.

-Then using the trick to become the Aran temporarily visible on map i set the White Wing homebase to the Aran itselft.

(Docking a M7/TL/M2/M1 to the Aran and them try to dock a second one)

Now when i want something to dock with it i just temporarily assaing it to the White wing and i use the "dock at: Wing homebase: Aran".

Addionaly you can use the monitor to fast access to Aran command and docked ships.

EDIT: In my case, is not nesesary to be two big ships in order to make it visible on the map, once it has a ship on the big docking port trying to "dock at" just target and make it visible, i was on a springblossom and it do make it visible while i was docking.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Wed, 1. Apr 09, 09:44

diabloz wrote:
Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote: b) The docking computer requires a target to work and autopilot does not use it, thus a docking computer would make no difference.
It does, when the autopilot is on, press Shift+D will activate the Docking Computer. Did that yesterday when a J and a K is hot on my heel on the way back to the Aran. :wink:
Ok... Elaboration...

If you use the Property Menu "Dock At" command to dock your current ship with the Aran then the Aran (i) becomes temporarily targetable and (ii) allows a player controlled ship to use the docking computer (NOTE: I think this only works if the player is in the ship rather than controlling it from a monitor).

If using the Wing command to dock a Wing to the Aran, or the Navigation command to Return to home, then the Aran is not targetable and the Docking computer is ineffective because the Aran is not targetted. Also a computer controlled autopilot will not use the docking computer.
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

Le Baron
x3tc

Post by Le Baron » Wed, 1. Apr 09, 17:04

It's not, that I do expect this, but can somebody pls. check if the Aran has kept some of his abilities from XTM?

- building ships, etc.
Support optional Steam-free X:R!
optional (!!!) Non-Steam XR release or we won't buy!
Steam = Game Over!

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Wed, 1. Apr 09, 18:07

nope, (at least not in mine)
X gamer , one at a time.

LTerSlash
x4

Post by LTerSlash » Wed, 1. Apr 09, 18:51

im on the process of capturing 10 springblossoms and building up 5 truelight seekers, hangared M6 wings FTW!

Repairing and equipping the Aran cost up to 250 millons! but it worth it.

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Wed, 1. Apr 09, 20:03

you cant put M6 hangared into another ship can you?

the only ship that can hold a M6 is valhalla and aran .. (and variants)

unless im mistaken :)
X gamer , one at a time.

LTerSlash
x4

Post by LTerSlash » Wed, 1. Apr 09, 22:05

But the valhalla dock them in EXTERNAL docks, i think its about 14 dock points shared TS/TP/TM/M6.

The Aran can hold 30 :P

The Goner Ozias can dock TS, not i dont remember if can dock M6 too.

And the AF is buged.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Wed, 1. Apr 09, 22:28

LTerSlash wrote:im on the process of capturing 10 springblossoms and building up 5 truelight seekers, hangared M6 wings FTW!
Sounds similar to what I'm planning for mine (as soon as it's been RE'd & rebuilt), Springblossoms & TLS Gauss Gunships, along with a wing of 10 Hades bombers & a Tokyo to carry fighters. Definitely wins for convenient deployment - a sizeable battle group which can be jumped into a sector with a single command (no waiting around for an endless stream of M6s etc to fly through the jump gate 1 by 1).

LTerSlash
x4

Post by LTerSlash » Wed, 1. Apr 09, 23:25

Yo are planning to blow up the Taurus? haha for what you need 10 bombers?

I was thinking to pack up two to blow up those distant M2/M1... but 10? :o

My main doubt is the effectiveness of the TLS....

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Wed, 1. Apr 09, 23:58

LTerSlash wrote:Yo are planning to blow up the Taurus? haha for what you need 10 bombers?

I was thinking to pack up two to blow up those distant M2/M1... but 10? :o
Well, I guess 2 is probably sufficient, 10 just gets the job done faster - by my calculations a single barrage of 80 Tomahawks should be enough to nuke any ship (allowing for a significant proportion being intercepted before they hit the target). Might also set them up as 2 wings of 5 so 1 wing is always launching while I'm giving commands to the second, so I can get a continouous rolling barrage that doesn't stop until the sector is empty.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Thu, 2. Apr 09, 00:27

Argh! Got hit by the big-target boarding bug. My 5x5* marines just stop cold, all with zero speed. I have spent the last 3 hours (about 40+ jumps) to find the Aran, and now my marines refuse to board!!!

EDIT: After 5 unsuccessful tries, I decided to let the Autopilot takes over. Obviously, the Autopilot knows something I don't: Success in first try.
Last edited by VincentTH on Thu, 2. Apr 09, 00:33, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”