[Guide] The TC Main Plot Walkthroughs.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

PWNAGE

Post by PWNAGE » Wed, 3. Mar 10, 12:27

gaaar, need to wait untill that is done then :P

Dahut
x3tc

Post by Dahut » Wed, 3. Mar 10, 22:58

Nanook wrote:Well, I just did it in a 2.5 start. It turned red in Belt of Aguilar, moved to Grand Exchange after I left the sector, stopped near the trading station and had no pilot.
How comes the truelight Seeker stopped, whereas in my game (2.5) it doesn't seem to stop ? Tried to wait (10 minute in realtime with 10x SETA, that is more than one and a half hour in X-Time), to attack it, leave and come back, and whatever I do it wanders (quie erratically) in Grand exchange, at about 30 m/s. (too fast to catch up with it and claim it or board it)

As to why boarding doesn't seem to work, I gave it a full scan, and it had onboard something like a laser sentry (I don't remember the exact name), and some marine including one with a 90 fighting skill (5 stars). Marines would have a very rough time trying to take over the ship...

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 3. Mar 10, 23:29

My Truelight Seeker only stopped moving after I left the sector it was in and waited a while. I don't know how long it was because I was doing other things.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Xander Cade
x3tc

Post by Xander Cade » Thu, 4. Mar 10, 03:28

My Truelight Seeker didn't stop until it was half way across the next sector.

I found the Protect missions more than a little odd... since I wasn't given enough time to jump to the sectors in question before I was given a new mission to protect another asset. I got about 5-6 of these missions in little more than a minute. I can understand if Race patrols were doing the job for me, but they must have been the most efficient ships in existence to do them so fast. I got credit for them so it doesn't really matter, just strange.

Now I'm following the slowest lastclaw in the universe. One hour following the damned thing and it still hasn't crossed two sectors... I noticed that before I got close enough to trigger the mission it registered as claimable, even though it had a pilot.
"What he doesn't understand is that the Welsh are a subject people, put on Earth to do menial tasks for the English." - John Cleese

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Thu, 4. Mar 10, 19:25

Just wondering, you gonna update HuB requirements?
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 4. Mar 10, 19:28

Xander Cade wrote:My Truelight Seeker didn't stop until it was half way across the next sector....
And that would be right at the Trading Station in Grand Exchange, right? I think that's where it always stops.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Xander Cade
x3tc

Post by Xander Cade » Thu, 4. Mar 10, 20:38

I would have to check to be sure, but I think so.
"What he doesn't understand is that the Welsh are a subject people, put on Earth to do menial tasks for the English." - John Cleese

Technojerk36
xr

Post by Technojerk36 » Thu, 4. Mar 10, 22:02

Note : His ship is without pilot and not moving, which means it can be claimed, and btw, it is invincible.
I just checked, the ship isn't invincible once claimed (I didn't check if it was invincible before being claimed though; playing 2.5 vanilla)
My "for Dummies" guides: Trade Command Software Mk III | Advanced Satellites | X3: TC (Co-author: K-64) | SETA Repair
Xenon_Slayer wrote:maybe we'll have extreme weather pingpong at some point

jimlpearce

Post by jimlpearce » Thu, 4. Mar 10, 22:14

yes it was... pre 2.5 I believe :)
"You win again gravity"

Fatdaddy
x3tc

Post by Fatdaddy » Sun, 7. Mar 10, 14:43

OK I am playing vanila, the other requirements for the hub plot were tough but manageable, but where in gods name will i get 75,000 micro chips this side of the next millenium. 500 took long enough.

Is it as simple as building 100 chip factories? I only have 4 atm. Or is there some other secret to geting 1billion worth of chips for this quest.

On a side issue is there an easy way to keep the game running while you are alt tabbed out of it. Having a life i sometimes need to do other things and other family members use the PC. Would be good if i could keep the production going in my absence, i have tried all the settings i can see in both windowed and full screen modes. Regardless of what i do the game effectively pauses whle i am out of it.

Thanks,
Advanced Magnate 12%
Combat Ace 1st Grade 15%
132 Factories
396 Ships
4 M2
36 M6
32 M3 (9 Khaak)

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Sun, 7. Mar 10, 15:24

Gameplay -> Run game in background :D

yes, you'll need more factories. Lots more. I have 25 at the moment, I'm going for another 20 odd soon.
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

Fatdaddy
x3tc

Post by Fatdaddy » Mon, 8. Mar 10, 00:41

EmperorJon wrote:Gameplay -> Run game in background :D

yes, you'll need more factories. Lots more. I have 25 at the moment, I'm going for another 20 odd soon.
Thanks for that, now set to yes :p
Advanced Magnate 12%
Combat Ace 1st Grade 15%
132 Factories
396 Ships
4 M2
36 M6
32 M3 (9 Khaak)

wadedidit
x3ap

Post by wadedidit » Sun, 14. Mar 10, 11:30

Terran plot finished thanks very much.

Now where to from here?

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Sun, 14. Mar 10, 11:43

How do you guys do the Crystals!?

I'm down to ~195k now... stealing them from my self sufficient Ore and Chip complexes, and setting up a small complex to just drain money and buy resources to make chips...

But it takes so long... any pointers?
______
______

EDGE N7 LT

Post by EDGE N7 LT » Sun, 14. Mar 10, 12:03

Use "o'matic"...
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 2.5GHz
RAM: 3328 MB DDR2-800
Motherboard: MSI P31 Neo (MS-7392)
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX+ 512MB
SPU: Creative Audigy SE (SB0570)

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Sun, 14. Mar 10, 12:10

?

Ok...
______
______

dillpickle
x3tc

Post by dillpickle » Sun, 14. Mar 10, 12:24

Personally I don't set up self sufficient complexes. A closed loop for 10 crystal Fab L's will generate enough crystals to complete the plot in around 6 1/4 days. Take away the SPP's and import the energy (there's plenty around), and the same 10 fabs will turn out enough in 3 1/2 days.

I tend to keep the silicon separate as well (hate towing mines!!), then once the crystal stage has finished I can shut down production completely and shunt all the silicon to the hub until completed.

EDGE N7 LT

Post by EDGE N7 LT » Sun, 14. Mar 10, 13:53

To clarify: if you need an awesome game spoiler (almost any game) use "omatic". Simple program. Found it 9-10 years ago. Changes any walue in any program into your desired one. In X3 I made myself 800 typhoons, for defence, like this and seriously considering doing the hub with it too...
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 2.5GHz
RAM: 3328 MB DDR2-800
Motherboard: MSI P31 Neo (MS-7392)
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX+ 512MB
SPU: Creative Audigy SE (SB0570)

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Sun, 14. Mar 10, 13:57

Erm... I think using the ingame script editor would be easier?

Or for the next level of easyness, Cycrow's Cheat Script?

Or for the final level, Apricotslices mod which makes the Hub requirments really small.

Something like:

2 Computer Components
5 Microchips
Etc...
______
______

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”