[Guide] The TC Main Plot Walkthroughs.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Mon, 15. Feb 10, 13:50

Bit of an old thread to revive, but since it's a guide, probably still useful info (he says, pretending to be a mod :P )

As I understand it, you cannot claim the Truelight Seeker under v2.5 if you attack it before trying. If it is attacking you (since you attacked it) some people have stated that the claim option did not become available...

Tim
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

ClastMalon
x3tc

Post by ClastMalon » Mon, 15. Feb 10, 23:41

perkint wrote:Bit of an old thread to revive, but since it's a guide, probably still useful info (he says, pretending to be a mod :P )
I found this thread through google when searching for plot walkthroughs, so yes, very useful for lots of people :)

The requirements of the 2nd stage of the HUB plot have changed from:

Deliver 150,000 Teladianium.

Then 250,000 Crystals

to:

Then 450,000 ORE

(Patch 2.5)

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Tue, 16. Feb 10, 03:23

It's always been, Teladianium then Ore for Stage 2. Crystals aren't until Stage 3.

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Sat, 20. Feb 10, 01:19

There is a bug in Mission 5 that i encountered.

If you dont fly the ship that has Heywood and Pearle onboard yourself and have it dock at the end of the mission on the station in heretics end, the "mission completed" notification will show up but the storyline then does not continue.

[edit:]
replayed the mission flying the ship myself, yet still the plot does not continue after mission completed :(
[/edit]

SinisterDeath
x4

Post by SinisterDeath » Mon, 1. Mar 10, 03:32

Not sure if someones stated it or not.
But on the PHQ mission, where you have to destroy the mines.

Easiest way is to go to your Navigate-move-to-position, and select the mine.

easy as hell that way.

PWNAGE

Post by PWNAGE » Tue, 2. Mar 10, 22:38

A quick question about starting aldrin plot.

Do i need a set of gate that i can realign before i can start it? Cause i used it link the hub to my production complex sector to shorten the journey of my TS hauling the stuff. But since i can't realign the gate untill i complete the mission (i think i remember something about the thing broke again after i aligned the first gate or something now it need to be fix alone with getting the 2nd gate or something)

Am i correct on those or have i gone the wrong way of thinking again :roll:

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Tue, 2. Mar 10, 23:26

PWNAGE wrote:Do i need a set of gate that i can realign before i can start it?
Yes - the first gate set needs to be unlocked (which happens after you've delivered the Ore).

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 3. Mar 10, 00:24

perkint wrote:Bit of an old thread to revive, but since it's a guide, probably still useful info (he says, pretending to be a mod :P )

As I understand it, you cannot claim the Truelight Seeker under v2.5 if you attack it before trying. If it is attacking you (since you attacked it) some people have stated that the claim option did not become available...

Tim
Well, I just did it in a 2.5 start. It turned red in Belt of Aguilar, moved to Grand Exchange after I left the sector, stopped near the trading station and had no pilot. It was still red when I flew up to it, got out and claimed it.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Xander Cade
x3tc

Post by Xander Cade » Wed, 3. Mar 10, 00:32

ClastMalon wrote:
I found this thread through google when searching for plot walkthroughs, so yes, very useful for lots of people :)

The requirements of the 2nd stage of the HUB plot have changed from:

Then 250,000 Crystals

to:

Then 450,000 ORE

(Patch 2.5)
I started this part last night and I'm pretty sure I was asked to get 500k Ore. I'm not positive, though.
"What he doesn't understand is that the Welsh are a subject people, put on Earth to do menial tasks for the English." - John Cleese

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 3. Mar 10, 00:35

And I just started that part last night, too. Some coincidence, eh? And they asked me for 450,000 ore. :mrgreen:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

PWNAGE

Post by PWNAGE » Wed, 3. Mar 10, 01:20

Carlo the Curious wrote:
PWNAGE wrote:Do i need a set of gate that i can realign before i can start it?
Yes - the first gate set needs to be unlocked (which happens after you've delivered the Ore).
Yes i got the first set of gate and realigned it, i think i can't re-align it to another sector for somereason, does that matter? if it don't so i can still get the aldrin start even thou i can't really do much with the first set of gate since it appear to be locked atm and i don;t have the 2nd gate.

i hope this makes sence, cause i am under the impression that the one chance at setting the gate after the semi fix will be needed for the aldrin plot.

PWNAGE

Post by PWNAGE » Wed, 3. Mar 10, 01:30

i have the 10k e-cell, but i can't realign the gate >.<

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Wed, 3. Mar 10, 01:53

Have you fully unlocked gate set 1, or are you only at the point where you first align the gate and it then breaks? It's not properly unlocked until you've delivered all the ore.

Also, you can only re-align gates every so often (2 hours, iirc).

PWNAGE

Post by PWNAGE » Wed, 3. Mar 10, 02:03

i am currently doing the 150k tele and 450k ore in 2.5. What is that part? 2nd gate or fixing the first gate :?

PWNAGE

Post by PWNAGE » Wed, 3. Mar 10, 12:27

gaaar, need to wait untill that is done then :P

Dahut
x3tc

Post by Dahut » Wed, 3. Mar 10, 22:58

Nanook wrote:Well, I just did it in a 2.5 start. It turned red in Belt of Aguilar, moved to Grand Exchange after I left the sector, stopped near the trading station and had no pilot.
How comes the truelight Seeker stopped, whereas in my game (2.5) it doesn't seem to stop ? Tried to wait (10 minute in realtime with 10x SETA, that is more than one and a half hour in X-Time), to attack it, leave and come back, and whatever I do it wanders (quie erratically) in Grand exchange, at about 30 m/s. (too fast to catch up with it and claim it or board it)

As to why boarding doesn't seem to work, I gave it a full scan, and it had onboard something like a laser sentry (I don't remember the exact name), and some marine including one with a 90 fighting skill (5 stars). Marines would have a very rough time trying to take over the ship...

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 3. Mar 10, 23:29

My Truelight Seeker only stopped moving after I left the sector it was in and waited a while. I don't know how long it was because I was doing other things.

Xander Cade
x3tc

Post by Xander Cade » Thu, 4. Mar 10, 03:28

My Truelight Seeker didn't stop until it was half way across the next sector.

I found the Protect missions more than a little odd... since I wasn't given enough time to jump to the sectors in question before I was given a new mission to protect another asset. I got about 5-6 of these missions in little more than a minute. I can understand if Race patrols were doing the job for me, but they must have been the most efficient ships in existence to do them so fast. I got credit for them so it doesn't really matter, just strange.

Now I'm following the slowest lastclaw in the universe. One hour following the damned thing and it still hasn't crossed two sectors... I noticed that before I got close enough to trigger the mission it registered as claimable, even though it had a pilot.
"What he doesn't understand is that the Welsh are a subject people, put on Earth to do menial tasks for the English." - John Cleese

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”