[TC] specific Corporation benefits

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Kapakio
x4

Post by Kapakio » Thu, 4. Jun 09, 16:40

1muvwndr wrote:Anyone actually managed to start Duke's missions?

I started my current game in v.1.4, ATM I'm blue with 95% of pirates, Duke's HQ and his fleet is also friendly and I'm flying a Hyperion. Still no missions. Tried building/crushing to the max my Paranid rank too but it didn't help. Tried flying IS with a Pegasus and a Zeus, still no mission.
The Hyperion is not a fighter, you need to fly a Paranid fighter (M5, M4, M3). And yes, I started Duke's missions

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Thu, 4. Jun 09, 17:16

vbruzual wrote:

I started my current game in v.1.4, ATM I'm blue with 95% of pirates, Duke's HQ and his fleet is also friendly and I'm flying a Hyperion. Still no missions. Tried building/crushing to the max my Paranid rank too but it didn't help. Tried flying IS with a Pegasus and a Zeus, still no mission.
The Hyperion is not a fighter, you need to fly a Paranid fighter (M5, M4, M3). And yes, I started Duke's missions
I was under the impression that the Pegasus is a fighter, IIRC it's an M5.

Kapakio
x4

Post by Kapakio » Thu, 4. Jun 09, 17:54

Deadbeat_Spinn wrote:
vbruzual wrote:

I was under the impression that the Pegasus is a fighter, IIRC it's an M5.
Very funny Deadbeat. I missed the last line, sorry.

Anyways, it's not clear if you entered the sector in the Pegasus or you transfered to it IS. I think you have to actually enter the sector flying a fighter

1muvwndr
xr

Post by 1muvwndr » Thu, 4. Jun 09, 21:37

OK, it looks like you have to fly a BASIC version of a fighter. The Pegasus was a Raider variant and didn't work. I tried then a Medusa and I got the mission.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Thu, 4. Jun 09, 23:04

1muvwndr wrote:OK, it looks like you have to fly a BASIC version of a fighter. The Pegasus was a Raider variant and didn't work. I tried then a Medusa and I got the mission.
The code just checks for 'fighter', so any Paranid M5/M4/M3 (or + variant) should work.

Bear in mind that there's a delay before missions are offered.

Code: Select all

<cue name="L2M46 Initial Offer" delay="300s">
  <condition>
    <check_all>
      <check_age value="{player.age}" min="{value@L2M46.time}s"/>
      <object_sector exact="0">
        <sector sector="L2M46.HQSector"/>
      </object_sector>
      <match_object maker="paranid" class="fighter"/>
      <check_value value="{value@L2M46.DoMissions}" exact="0"/>
      <!-->
        <check_value value="{player.fightrank}" min="3333"/>
      -->
    </check_all>
  </condition>
(note that the fight rank check is commented out)

jdoggyfu80
x3ap

Post by jdoggyfu80 » Wed, 24. Jun 09, 18:54

space pirate wrote:i'm drooling over the advanced mamba. hopefully strong arms isn't as broken as it seems.
I have already got this ship from the Strong Arm Plot. I have to say, I was a Nova freak for a long time but this ship is amazing.Its quick and agile, has strong shields and 8 HETP slots and is compatable with nearly every missile Only drawback is that the cargo bay is on the small side but its not really that bad.

Its my baby :oops:
"A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Stalin

"Find a job you love and you'll never work a day in your life." - Confucius

"Blood alone moves the wheels of history." - Benito Mussolini

Nataku02

Post by Nataku02 » Thu, 25. Jun 09, 02:53

me = jealous

post specs up here if ya can (be bothered) :P
How dare you tell me robots arent cool!!!

EnderIII
x4

Post by EnderIII » Thu, 25. Jun 09, 02:58

Man this grind is terrible.

Doing OTAS currently and had a Very Hard Patrol.

Took 2 hours to finish the stupid patrol (since 2.0 missions have been getting super long :( ) and I only got 5% increase in relations.

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Thu, 25. Jun 09, 04:50

1muvwndr wrote:OK, it looks like you have to fly a BASIC version of a fighter. The Pegasus was a Raider variant and didn't work. I tried then a Medusa and I got the mission.
I cannot confirm. I got my first mission on Perseus Raider.

Gothsheep
x3tc

Post by Gothsheep » Thu, 25. Jun 09, 10:10

EnderIII wrote:Man this grind is terrible.

Took 2 hours to finish the stupid patrol (since 2.0 missions have been getting super long :( ) and I only got 5% increase in relations.

I'm kind of in the same boat.

The latest mission they gave me, they want 25 Firestorm torpedoes.

Searching the galaxy, I've found..umm..7 so far, I believe. Every station is sold out, save maybe 2-4 if I'm lucky.

cezarip
x3tc

Post by cezarip » Thu, 25. Jun 09, 13:55

Gothsheep wrote:
The latest mission they gave me, they want 25 Firestorm torpedoes.
Eh, I have built a firestorm factory for those missions. The last 3 missions for Atreus, PTNI and Johnferco want Disruptors instead. :x
Provided that the laws of mathematics are
related to reality, they are not reliable. And if
they are reliable, they aren’t related to
reality.

Albert Einstein

G_Lewis
x3tc

Post by G_Lewis » Thu, 25. Jun 09, 14:06

Gothsheep wrote:
EnderIII wrote: Searching the galaxy, I've found..umm..7 so far, I believe. Every station is sold out, save maybe 2-4 if I'm lucky.
I had something similar from Plutarch - deliver 25 disruptor missiles. If you cancel the current mission they get back to you with a different one!

Mazz
x3tc

Post by Mazz » Thu, 25. Jun 09, 14:25

G_Lewis wrote:
Gothsheep wrote:
EnderIII wrote: Searching the galaxy, I've found..umm..7 so far, I believe. Every station is sold out, save maybe 2-4 if I'm lucky.
I had something similar from Plutarch - deliver 25 disruptor missiles. If you cancel the current mission they get back to you with a different one!
yes this is how i got the adv mamba fairly fast. just cancel those missile missions and wait a bit, then u get an assassination or taxi, etc that is faster to do. this way you will progress MUCH faster even taking into account the small decrease in rep during cancelation.

Nataku02

Post by Nataku02 » Thu, 25. Jun 09, 15:54

Man this grind is terrible.

Took 2 hours to finish the stupid patrol (since 2.0 missions have been getting super long Sad ) and I only got 5% increase in relations.
Yeh tis fun but tiring, i used to take on 2 at the same time so i would get double money Khaak vs Xenon the ulttimate battle (FYI khaak clusters= xenon fighter instadeath!) and khaak destoryers seem arguably less menacing (powerful) than in reunio
How dare you tell me robots arent cool!!!

mark_s_bell
x3tc

Post by mark_s_bell » Sat, 18. Jul 09, 00:29

I am not sur eif this really goes with this thread but does anyone know where I can get a list of the corporation rankings and the descriptions. I dont know what "rank no2 I am form the names in the game

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Sat, 18. Jul 09, 00:49

mark_s_bell wrote:I am not sur eif this really goes with this thread but does anyone know where I can get a list of the corporation rankings and the descriptions. I dont know what "rank no2 I am form the names in the game
Corporation Ranks.

stevo_aus
x3tc

Post by stevo_aus » Sat, 18. Jul 09, 05:36

pjknibbs wrote:Wow, big spenders...you can find one of those for free if you know where to look! :-)
Hey... care to expand on this further, mate? :o
... it's about as useful as a screen-door on a submarine !!!

MrOmniscient

Post by MrOmniscient » Sat, 18. Jul 09, 06:50

stevo, search this site for "abandoned ships", it'll likely be somewhere here in the spoilers section. Somewhere in the Xverse, the ship is floating abandoned. Ready for you to claim it.
Plasma Burst Generators have my eternal gratitude for weeding out whiners and wusses.

Cheers pirates!
I'm off to buy a ship that hasn't been melted.

stevo_aus
x3tc

Post by stevo_aus » Sat, 18. Jul 09, 12:09

MrOmniscient wrote:stevo, search this site for "abandoned ships", it'll likely be somewhere here in the spoilers section. Somewhere in the Xverse, the ship is floating abandoned. Ready for you to claim it.
Ah... beauty mate. Found just what I was looking for....! Cheers buddy! 8) :thumb_up:
... it's about as useful as a screen-door on a submarine !!!

yelgrun
x3tc

Post by yelgrun » Sat, 18. Jul 09, 14:55

I just started Plutarch missions, I regret for not doing earlier before I built complex in Ore Belt, it laggy. Next restart will do all these corp missions before building anything huge in their sectors.

So how do I reach general for Operation: Final Fury? I am only captain at 18% even done with FF plot.

Other thing, I learn to save disruptor missiles as much as I can cuz some missions will ask you for them. Only way to get disruptor missiles is from ships dropping them after destroyed, mostly Xenons.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”