[TC] Terran Campaign : Walkthrough

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Snatcher42
x3tc

Post by Snatcher42 » Sat, 15. Nov 08, 03:59

You need to be slightly friendly with the Split (and more so with the Argon?) in order for Exterminator in OL to offer you the plotline. Go into their space and do a little trading, or one mission.

Woffin
x3tc

Post by Woffin » Sun, 16. Nov 08, 02:33

Currently attempting mission 7. Im in aldrin and boarding the cpu ship but not having any luck. I must have tried at least 10 times now, the first few times they said they couldn't cut through the hull and the rest they've not said hardly anything. I must have been trying for about 3 or 4 hours now and no success.

Is there something I'm missing? Any particular ships I have to be in or checkboxes I have to tick? My missions guidance is telling me to protect the Terran's scabbard which hasn't made any attempt at boarding yet :) .

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Sun, 16. Nov 08, 02:55

One note about the final part of the campaign, delivery of Aldrin dignitaries to Thorus.

You can't pick them with your Scabbard since the mission doesn't detect its built-in cargo lifesupport system correctly. So to do that part, you need to bring another ship with cargo lifesupport which isn't pre-installed. I used my M3 for that.

crawlerw
x3tc

Post by crawlerw » Sun, 16. Nov 08, 09:52

finished mission 6

first try failed but i learned something

i docked at the SPP outside the unknown sector with the TL.

1. i attacked and captured the guy in the spacesuit.
while flying back to the moon.
i lost the caiman i captured during the last mission yaki attacked it.
i docked and nothing happened.

2. i loaded from docking at the SPP.
ordered the caiman to dock at the closest station
ran the rest of the mission and finished it.

seems like the ship you capture is mission critical all the way through

Painman
x3tc

Post by Painman » Sun, 16. Nov 08, 10:24

crawlerw wrote:finished mission 6

first try failed but i learned something

i docked at the SPP outside the unknown sector with the TL.

1. i attacked and captured the guy in the spacesuit.
while flying back to the moon.
i lost the caiman i captured during the last mission yaki attacked it.
i docked and nothing happened.

2. i loaded from docking at the SPP.
ordered the caiman to dock at the closest station
ran the rest of the mission and finished it.

seems like the ship you capture is mission critical all the way through
You don't need to drag this freighter around the universe with you after you fly it out of Family Zyarth and into Family Ryk. Once you get the guidance message to meet up with the Terran capship in Ocean of Fantasy, you're in good shape. You can xfer back to your fighter ship and park the Caiman in Family Ryk if you want. Just to be safe, don't dispose of it. It's kinda handy anyway. A Caiman Hauler with 100 speed and 5000-7000 cargo -- it makes a nice little storage/jump fuel tub until you can afford something better.

crawlerw
x3tc

Post by crawlerw » Sun, 16. Nov 08, 10:53

I gave the friegther a jumpdrive drive.
I droped the friegther after i jumped it to a safe sector
and switched back to my combat ship.

i had it flying to the ship yard in Ocean of Fantasy it was killed in route.
that made the mission fail.

i reloaded a earlier save game and diverted it to a safe station
and the mission completed as it should

Woffin
x3tc

Post by Woffin » Sun, 16. Nov 08, 12:24

Still having no luck when boarding the cpu ship :( . Am I supposed to be using the ship and marines that spawn in Aldrin? Because I've been using both that ship and also the ship and marines I was given before when capping the Vidar (I kept the ship and fitted it with a Jumpdrive).

Painman
x3tc

Post by Painman » Sun, 16. Nov 08, 13:24

Woffin wrote:Still having no luck when boarding the cpu ship :( . Am I supposed to be using the ship and marines that spawn in Aldrin? Because I've been using both that ship and also the ship and marines I was given before when capping the Vidar (I kept the ship and fitted it with a Jumpdrive).
To succeed in this mission, do... Nothing.

...Well, activate the battle -- and then go shoot at #deca if it makes you happy, but the last time I did this mission, I had no intention of doing anything else... I positioned my Vidar inside #deca's nose, and started shooting... it turned blue before its shields were even down. I didn't expect that. I had to get myself out of its nose before it crashed into me!

Save yourself a ton of trouble, send your first Scabbard full of marines to Black Hole Sun Military Outpost for training, do the same with your second Scabbard full of marines after the battle is over and you can get a spare jumpdrive out to Aldrin.

CNiall

Post by CNiall » Sun, 16. Nov 08, 15:18

I didn't have any issues with the Terran finale (which is unusual considering that I always seem to be the one afflicted by bugs). I didn't take my Vidar or Scabbard that I obtained at the beginning to Aldrin, but my Cutlass instead.

I basically just killed Xenon ships (and got about 3 Ls and an LX in the process), got an update to pick up the dignitaries, killed the second wave of Xenon before picking them up, flew to an Aldrin SPP to top up on energy and made my way to the Torus. I didn't interact with #deca at all: the friendly craft took care of that themselves.

Woffin
x3tc

Post by Woffin » Sun, 16. Nov 08, 15:36

Right well I follow you so far, just tried boarding the ship at least 5 times and no luck again. Before I did that, I killed all the Xenon craft and then was told to protect the Tyr. Once the Tyr reached deca I was then instructed to protect the Terran Scabbard and thats where my mission seems to get stuck. I've not heard anything about any dignitaries yet :( . The Scabbard that doesnt belong to me is jus circling deca and not launching any marines. Do you think I have a broken mission?

Painman
x3tc

Post by Painman » Sun, 16. Nov 08, 15:56

I don't know, Woffin. All I can tell you is that during my last runthrough of the Terran campaign, the final order I gave to the Scabbard that was put under my control was to follow... the Jump Beacon :wink: To be honest I was more interested in ending the plot mission ASAP and getting a fast Scout ship into the system so that I could find a remaining cache of experimental EMPCs. The Terrans did their job.

The Terran flotilla will get the job done, eventually. That's the way it seems to work for most folks. Just fly close enough to the Terran Tyr for the guy onboard to say, "Charge!" (more or less) and they'll take care of it. Like I said, shoot at #deca for a while, but it would seem that the only way to fail this mission is getting killed. With the amount of Terran firepower in the system for this mission, you'll have to actually try to do that (short of ramming into #deca or the ATF Tyr).

Clint Eastwood
x3tc

Post by Clint Eastwood » Sun, 16. Nov 08, 21:00

Great guide, Creston. :) It got me through the last three missions with only one hiccup. Shooting your own marines in the final 'showdown' is a bit silly.

The final mission was just repeatedly sending in the marines until they got through, while doing my best not to get caught out by the 'chugging' turkey shoot. I suspect that little or no player participation is really required during the Aldrin finale.

Anyway, now it's time to see what this Vidar is all about.

CanadianBrit
x4

Post by CanadianBrit » Sun, 16. Nov 08, 21:33

I'm having trouble with mission 5. 200 Teladianium to M148. I got myself the required rank (Confirmed friend), and I've bought a super vulture and the wares. I jump into the sector and get two guys nattering at the same time. One confirming my ID and reason for being their, so he's fine; but a few patrol ships mention something about reversing course, they of course turn red and all hell breaks lose.

And its not as if the freighter is speedy enough to get to the orbital Station and dock before they arrive. I've NOT completed final Fury storyline as yet. (That story line wants me to assist in attacking 3 or more Zenon Ps in Black Hole Sun; and my fleet isn't up to it!

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Sun, 16. Nov 08, 21:45

Argon fleet will help you there.

And you have to fight those Ps if you want Exterminator to send your ID to Argon 148 boss. Without that, you can't enter, sorry.

mcsquared
x3tc

Post by mcsquared » Sun, 16. Nov 08, 22:57

Thank you very much for this excellent walkthrough!

Fresshness

Post by Fresshness » Mon, 17. Nov 08, 01:50

This thread should be stickified :!: :!: :!:

bergh

Post by bergh » Mon, 17. Nov 08, 02:40

Great! Just great. :evil:

I did this wo/reading any guide, but on mission six i had to fold.
So Egosoft, when are you gonna patch that bug?
I have the guy in my shipo, now you make a patch.
I have no save to go back to other than real old ones.

To you other guys, do you know about a script that can bypass this bug?
[/quote]

Woffin
x3tc

Post by Woffin » Mon, 17. Nov 08, 09:25

Just to let you know, I reloaded a save from before I jumped to Alrin and I was having the same problem again. Then, as soon as I targeted the Terran Scabbard, deca was captured! Mission success :) no idea why it didn't work before and why it worked this time but thanks for all the suggestions anyways!

On a sidenote I did think it was a bit of a shame that I had to check a walkthrough to make sure I avoided any bugs :(

adren
x3tc

Post by adren » Mon, 17. Nov 08, 10:00

Thanks for the walkthrough. I managed to complete it without too many bugs... :roll:

The last mission was a bit strange though. Firstly I couldn't board the Vidar. It always failed at the last stage... :evil: In the end I just left it and the mission moved on (at least that meant I didn't have to repair it later).

When it came to boarding the Xenon CPU ship, I firstly held back a bit to let the Tyr do some damage. Then I got another message to start boarding, so I sent in the scubbard. But before the scubbard had got anywhere near the CPU ship turned blue... :)

Now flying around in my Springblossom which rocks! :D

Data_Machine
x3tc

Post by Data_Machine » Mon, 17. Nov 08, 11:47

Well, seems I should have looked in here sooner. I've run into a problem with mission six. After scaning the freighter I attacked it but it ended up blowing up. Figuring I needed to use marines, I left the secter, raised my rank with the terrans, baught an m6, then without thinking anything about it, I transfered the cargo life suppport over from the ship I used to start the mission (Saber) to the m6.

Question.....am I now screwed? The freighters are no longer in the secter for me to scan. I've tried going back to the Saber but no luck.

Is there a chance that when I transfered everything to the m6 that Robert Pearle was ejected and is floating around somewhere?

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”