[TC] Terran Campaign : Walkthrough

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Gerblyn

Post by Gerblyn » Sun, 9. Nov 08, 13:11

hi all,

Thanks for the guide, but I seem to have run into a different issue. I completed mission 6 (eventually) and gave the Split captive over to the Terrans for interrogation. They said it might take a while, so I sold the Cutlass, went back to my main ship and wandered off to do other things. This was a very long time ago and I haven't heard anything from the Terrans since then, is there anything I have to do to unlock the final mission?

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Sun, 9. Nov 08, 13:21

Remember that split TS you captured? Don't sell it, or allow it to be destroyed, untill after you droped off the Split captive. For some strange reason you need to have that ship in your property list for the mission to end correctly at the moon.
[X3] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots
[X3T] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots in Terran Conflict

The mercenary code
There is no right or wrong.
There is no good or evil.
There is only the will of the client, and how much they're paying.

Gerblyn

Post by Gerblyn » Sun, 9. Nov 08, 13:30

:( Oh man, I sold that ages ago... I don't remember if I sold it after dropping off the captive or before (I think it was after, because I'd already been caught a couple of times selling the stupid thing too early) but there's no way I'm going to rollback that far just to try it again. Oh well, maybe if I do a second playthrough I'll have another go, thanks for your help!

stubin
x3tc

Post by stubin » Sun, 9. Nov 08, 14:34

Thanks for the walkthrough.

Regarding mission six.

I failed this mission 4 times at the point where you have to scan the Eliphant. I had 3 * 25 MJ shields and had repaired the transporter to 100%. When told to escape after you've scanned the Eli I lasted about 5 seconds before dying.

My solution - equip Caiman with a transporter and jump away. 5 seconds was easily enough time to escape.

I succeeded 3 times doing this only to have the last sector appear empty when told to help the fleet.

Only way round this was to do whole mission in my Skiron (except for scanning Eliphant).

This worked despite my accidentaly firing on the Eliphant while fighting off 2 Khaak Clusters. The Eli turns red and launched it's deca's which I killed.

I then scanned the Eli with no problem and no extra deca's.

When delivering pilot to the Moon my mission completed first time.

Thanks again

Stubin

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Sun, 9. Nov 08, 15:04

I just had my Perseus follow my Caiman. When they allowed me to get out of ****** Caiman, I simply clicked my Perseus and pressed "X" (Perseus has Transporter Device so he can move you to himself without trouble). Then I killed all the enemies and lived happily ever after...

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Sun, 9. Nov 08, 20:30

A couple of comments:
1) You have to plant satellites in exactly the same ship you used to get the mission. I had that captain in my Mamba R, docked on a Panther and it took me a while to understand that I need to switch ships. One of the sectors is now littered with satellites :)
2) You can just use a heavy ship to deliver Telladianium and take out all attackers. Your reputation obviously suffers but it is easy to restore. I just lost a couple of satellites in Argon core sectors.

smbh

Post by smbh » Mon, 10. Nov 08, 01:02

Arrg, how damn annoying, I spent 3 hours just to get to the empty unknown sector... think I'm just going to turn the god mode on and blast through them

BTW, don't use any 3rd party scripts when capturing, the mission did not update when I did it with one of the freighters.

Kiwisdofly
x4

Post by Kiwisdofly » Mon, 10. Nov 08, 10:49

I need some help with the Infiltration mission in the Terran campaign (the one in Argon Sector M148). I got to the stage where those spies ejected from the station and I had to pick them up.

At that point, I realized my ship didn't have cargo life support so I had to fly out and get it. Unfortunately, my complex needed some help and I completely forgot I was in the middle of a mission.

Anyway, a long time later I finally came back to M148 but no astronauts in sight and docking at the military outpost does nothing.

The objective points to a station in Heretic's End, and docking there does nothing either. :(

How can I fix this? Can I spawn those astronauts somehow or am I basically screwed?

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Mon, 10. Nov 08, 11:01

You could try flying from M148 to Heretic's End and check the astronauts aren't trying to make their own way there.

Kiwisdofly
x4

Post by Kiwisdofly » Mon, 10. Nov 08, 11:35

I've done that and found one astronaut - Karol Sillarne. Is she one of the ones I need to deliver? The second one is still out there.

I just hope theres a better solution than me going back and forth across like 6 sectors :(

Creston
x3tc

Post by Creston » Tue, 11. Nov 08, 05:28

pjknibbs wrote:
Creston wrote: Just be in sector, and it will be fine.

Creston
It won't. If you command the Claymore to fly out of the sector, it'll fly out of its docking bay and just blithely cruise straight past the accelerator out into the region where the Torus guns will toast it. The only way I could find to get it out was to command the ship I'd arrived in (Vidar) to jump to Asteroid Belt, then fly the Claymore out manually myself.
Huh. I was in the Torus myself, doing some maintenance work to my property screen, and I had ordered the Claymore to the nearest shipyard. It flew there fine. :?

However, I HAVE lost my Vidar several times by foolishly ordering it to go to the Torus...

Creston

Creston
x3tc

Post by Creston » Tue, 11. Nov 08, 05:31

Kiwisdofly wrote:I've done that and found one astronaut - Karol Sillarne. Is she one of the ones I need to deliver? The second one is still out there.

I just hope theres a better solution than me going back and forth across like 6 sectors :(
No, I think the people's names are Patricia Heywood and Robert Pearle. They are probably docked at a station somewhere...

It's NEVER a good idea to let a mission wait while mission critical resources are out in space...

Creston

Painman
x3tc

Post by Painman » Tue, 11. Nov 08, 08:02

I just did another runthrough of Mission 6 tonight, and just like the earlier mission where you get the 3 glorified fighter drones and head out on a patrol, your combat rank seems to have an effect on the #deca ships that spawn (I'm currently Warrior). It was a LOT harder this time -- I got mostly M3s and some M4. They dusted my Caiman Hauler right away, and it was fully 3x25 MJ shielded. They also mangled my Blastclaw Prototype :( so I redid the mission in my Katana (which I had to buy in order to get through the earlier patrol mission).

I got through it by xferring myself to the Katana at the very moment the tracking device was finished planting (I had my mouse pointer literally hovering over "change ship" in the menu), and then immediately ordering the Caiman to jump to the North gate. It survived, but the #deca ships turned and went after it -- I had to destroy them. That didn't bork the rest of the mission for me, though. I got my Cutlass, picked up the Split scientist and took him to the Moon base.

bobwoodx
x3ap

Post by bobwoodx » Tue, 11. Nov 08, 15:44

How do you dock with the Torus?

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Tue, 11. Nov 08, 20:59

bobwoodx wrote:How do you dock with the Torus?
Manually. Practice on some other station if you've not manually docked before.

(Comm it to ask for landing permission, then fly toward the green spinning icon that appears. As you get close, reduce your speed until the flashing red indicator under your crosshairs goes away.)

clcabbage
x3tc

Post by clcabbage » Tue, 11. Nov 08, 21:32

bobwoodx wrote:How do you dock with the Torus?
I was able to do it as normal ( with Docking Computer ). Fly close, then Shift + D.

Worked for me.
jlehtone wrote:Several participants seem to have been upset by the existence of differing opinions.

The universe is neither so crazy that we can't understand it all nor so predictable that there's nothing left for us to discover. (from 'Jungles of Randomness'- Ivars Peterson)
"The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind." -- Humphrey Bogart

bobwoodx
x3ap

Post by bobwoodx » Tue, 11. Nov 08, 21:52

Thanks I did it!

As soon as I could comm the station I asked permission to land then landing lights came on, I followed them and slowed to 10 m/s. Cruised into the dock and then it autosaved.
Then undocked flew out slowly, asked the Claymore to follow me, put seta on and flew straight back the way I came and docked at The Moon.

mad mat
x3tc

Mission 7

Post by mad mat » Tue, 11. Nov 08, 23:49

On mission 7 when I have to board the CPU ship, I board the Scabbard and sent the marines in myself.

When that went south and they aborted, I picked up the marines and went in again, they succeeded.

Horrah!!!
Commander Mad Mat :-)

mad mat
x3tc

Post by mad mat » Wed, 12. Nov 08, 00:44

Creston wrote:
RegisterMe wrote:One question, how do I get the Claymore you're rewarded with out of the Torus?

It gets blown up every time.....
Any ship of yours in Earth while OOS will get blown up. YOU have Earth Access, your ships apparently don't.

Just be in sector, and it will be fine.

Creston
It looks like theres a bug in the earth system.

Any ship that launches from there tends to go a bit too far and goes into the no fly zone and gets blown up. :evil:

To get your Claymore out of the earth system, use a M5 fighter with minimal equipment and fly to earth, switch ships and fly back out again. The M5 fighter is expendable. :D
Commander Mad Mat :-)

Woffin
x3tc

Post by Woffin » Wed, 12. Nov 08, 01:01

I'm up to the part where I've just rescued Patricia Heywood and Robert Pearle and dropped them off at Heretics End, two questions for you. So far, I've played the plot in the starting Sabre (maxed out on equipment though) but will I be able to continue for the remaining missions? Also, how long does it take for the next section of the plot to start? It seems to be taking quite a while and no one has contacted me yet, hmm.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”