NEWS - GOLD! X³: Terran Conflict has gone gold!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Thu, 11. Sep 08, 11:49

Fnally - yayy !! Good news and

BIG CONGRATZ

Egosoft, in particular to the dev team and to the many many voluntary b-tester *grin*.

Just ordered X3TC + FL at the egosoft shop :D

Cheers Euclid

Xaannix
x3

X3 Terran Conflict Question

Post by Xaannix » Thu, 11. Sep 08, 12:21

Hi, I would like some questions answered before I buy the game, if someone can answer them please.

1. Has the station management interface been revamped? (min max stock levels, diff price levels, see production costs in complexes, unification of station info with production panel?)
2. Has the station - > ship -> comodity management been revamped?
3. Have the endless cascade menus been improved?

All in all i would like to know what the improvements in functionality, usability, menus, station management, station ship management ( no more need for hugely complex and annoying CAG), station AI, missiles, economic balance etc? In other words, why should I purchase the game aside from new graphics, story and ships/stations?

Thank you

AleksMain
x3tc

Post by AleksMain » Thu, 11. Sep 08, 12:26

As previous will be moved to top.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Thu, 11. Sep 08, 12:30

Nanook wrote:Hmm, I just preordered from Egosoft, too. Being on the far side of the pond, in an unknown sector west of the sector known as 'Canada', I'm guessing it'll take a couple of weeks after release to get here.
If your local equipment dock has to rely on a free trader to deliver those copies then you better hope it doesn't plot a course through a Xenon sector.

testpilot_bg wrote:Is this the end of the X saga?
What about X4 and an rpg elements like statistics, skills, moving in the space stations with a character and interaction with NPCs? Is that possible with your resources, Egosoft?
This is the end of the world.

Seriously - any ES official that even hinted to an X4 right now (no matter how far out) would probably be fired.
Gamers are supposed to buy TC now and not to wait for "the real sequel".
A few months down the road anything can happen.
If the sales people are happy with the figures, the coding people get another assignment. =)
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

AleksMain
x3tc

Post by AleksMain » Thu, 11. Sep 08, 12:38

euclid wrote:Just ordered X3TC + FL at the egosoft shop :D
There are many benefits to becoming a beta tester:

-You’ll get to use the new software before anyone else does.
-You’ll help us make our software better in ways that work for you.
-Your suggestions could determine the future direction of the software.
-You’ll get feedback right from the development team
Had you tested X3:Terran Conflict ?

What can you say about it if had ?

Tycow
x4

Post by Tycow » Thu, 11. Sep 08, 12:46

Probably not a lot due to him having to sign an NDA. :)

cfw
x4

Post by cfw » Thu, 11. Sep 08, 12:47

Great news!

Now, if only my Vista would start recognizing USB-devices again so that my joystick will work again..

Oh, and.. 3 weeks for duplication & distribution? Seems a tad long, here's hoping preorders will arrive early.

AleksMain
x3tc

Post by AleksMain » Thu, 11. Sep 08, 12:51

Tycow wrote:Probably not a lot due to him having to sign an NDA. :)
Yes, I know about it.

So it will be question without answer.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Thu, 11. Sep 08, 13:08

AleksMain wrote:
Tycow wrote:Probably not a lot due to him having to sign an NDA. :)
Yes, I know about it.

So it will be question without answer.
Erm.....not entirely accurate ;-)
AleksMain wrote: ....
Had you tested X3:Terran Conflict ?
Yes.
AleksMain wrote: ....
What can you say about it if had ?
It's great :D

Cheers Euclid

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Thu, 11. Sep 08, 13:15

AleksMain wrote:So it will be question without useful answer.
Corrected it for him. :wink:

Mopy
x3

Post by Mopy » Thu, 11. Sep 08, 13:24

Grats to all involved once again. Looking forward to this one :)
Sig

BigBANGtheory
x4

Post by BigBANGtheory » Thu, 11. Sep 08, 13:58

Congrats on a timely release :xenon:

I had already pre-ordered the game though an online retailer...

Get Deepsilver to do some press releases now.

AleksMain
x3tc

Post by AleksMain » Thu, 11. Sep 08, 14:00

eladan wrote:
AleksMain wrote:So it will be question without useful answer.
Corrected it for him. :wink:

Thank you.

I remember non-useful answer very good:
SymTec ltd wrote:2:24: So, this AI that is mentioned here is the artificial intelligence, at that time represented by TerraFormer Robots, which were developed by the Terrans but then turned against their creators. And this is basically the background story; the existence of the TerraFormers lead to the Terrans forbidding any Artificial Intelligence.
[this is where I put the fingers in my ears and started to sing "la-la-la!" aloud, so I wouldn't spoil the fun of playing the storyline]
:?
Last edited by AleksMain on Thu, 11. Sep 08, 14:03, edited 1 time in total.

ThommoHawk
x4

Post by ThommoHawk » Thu, 11. Sep 08, 14:03

Having at last acquired the download trailers, viewing them, getting all emotional (goosebumps - from the music I think), I now am - not so reluctantly - shopping for a hot new rig to run this on, but will try it on my existing setup first though not too confident it will cope with those enormous stations (and of course will pre-order X3TC).

I have tried to get some Terra Australis game shops interested but am not holding my breath. I did get a return email from one of them - EzyGames (Australian online games shop) - advising they have entered it into their database - but have not had a reply from DeepSilver yet to their enquiry... well, I've done my bit.

:x3:

Comment: those new pulldown menus (like 'wings') have a red colour scheme - I actually associate red with 'enemy' and like the existing 'everything green is yours', but hey, I'll get used to it...
[XTrilogy]: Holy Argnu cows! I have found it! An asteroid of pure ore - 100% - I am rich! Now, I just need to find one like that made from silicon. hmmm, where do I want to go today?
X REBIRTH? "JUST A TOURIST until X4 IS RELEASED! Because That SUPERNOVA sure went FUBAR" (Quoting T.Hawk. Read all about it at: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=353678) :x3:

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 11. Sep 08, 14:19

danleach wrote:So, pre-ordering from the Egosoft shop is definitely the way to give Egosoft the biggest cut?
I want to buy it whichever way is best for Egosoft... :)
think of it like this, the Egosoft shop is like any shop selling the game. They usally by the game at a certain price and then sell it on at a higher price for profit.

so buying it from the egosoft ship means that profit goes directly to egosoft instead of another shop

KRM398
xr

Post by KRM398 » Thu, 11. Sep 08, 14:44

ALRIGHT EGO!! We here in the X universe thank you for giving us a new lease on life, from Ban, Julian and Saya, maybe even Elena?? I thank you. hehehe, ok enough jokes, running now to preorder through Ego site, definately looks like I'll be playing sooner than I thought, which is a good thing.

Congrats to all the Ego team and the XTM guys who worked so hard on this, I hope its as good as the vids and we'll all be thrilled, take a month off on me..lol. :roll:

Maximum476
x3tc

Post by Maximum476 » Thu, 11. Sep 08, 14:48

Gazz wrote:
Nanook wrote:Hmm, I just preordered from Egosoft, too. Being on the far side of the pond, in an unknown sector west of the sector known as 'Canada', I'm guessing it'll take a couple of weeks after release to get here.
If your local equipment dock has to rely on a free trader to deliver those copies then you better hope it doesn't plot a course through a Xenon sector.

testpilot_bg wrote:Is this the end of the X saga?
What about X4 and an rpg elements like statistics, skills, moving in the space stations with a character and interaction with NPCs? Is that possible with your resources, Egosoft?
This is the end of the world.

Seriously - any ES official that even hinted to an X4 right now (no matter how far out) would probably be fired.
Gamers are supposed to buy TC now and not to wait for "the real sequel".
A few months down the road anything can happen.
If the sales people are happy with the figures, the coding people get another assignment. =)
Yea and if the move from X2 to X3 is anything to go by, I'm sure a lot of old X2 players are glad they are first going down the expansion route, as it gives them greater time to concentrate on content and gameplay.
%41%72%65%20%79%6F%75%20%62%6F%72%65%64%3F%00

vr01
x4

Post by vr01 » Thu, 11. Sep 08, 14:48

Recommended configuration... check! :)

(I knew there was a reason why I threw a Q6600, GTX260 and 4GB RAM into my rig... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :fg: :fg: :fg: )

Steam... check! No need to wait for it to meander its way down under :rant:

:?: Will an electronic copy of FL accompany the Steam download :?:

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 11. Sep 08, 14:58

vr01 wrote: (I knew there was a reason why I threw a Q6600, GTX260 and 4GB RAM into my rig... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :fg: :fg: :fg: )
i've just done pretty much the same, Q6600 and 4GB ram. didn't bother with a new gfx card thou, so my 8800 will have to do

bounty_hunter66
x4

Post by bounty_hunter66 » Thu, 11. Sep 08, 14:59

Can some1 clarify this for me please?

Is there a diference between having a physical copy and an electronic one?(steam for example). Cause im thinking of buyin it on steam. Is it the same as having the DVD version? modding possibility scripting dunno

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”