NEWS: X3: Terran Conflict news, all in one place for your convenience - 22-10-08

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

strude
x4

Post by strude » Sat, 18. Oct 08, 02:06

Woo hoo!

First game, plot mission one,
Spoiler
Show
first wave of xenon ships. Capped a Xenon M. No equipment, but 85% hull in tact
A good start if ever there was one.

TEKing66
xr

Post by TEKing66 » Sat, 18. Oct 08, 03:56

Hi,

Just wanted to say I am an avid fan of the X Series. I own at least one copy of the whole series ( 2 copies of X2 & X3 Reunion). And I am looking forward to playing Terran Conflict. It's safe to say that since I discovered X: Beyond the Frontier, (and you can quote me on this) "There is the X Universe and beyond that, No other video games exist!".

I am kinda surprised that I can only get the game through Steam since I live in the USA. This scares me, as I only have a dial-up connection I will not be able to get the game. All this reading about, waiting for, and wishing for something that I may never be able to get. This leaves me feeling like I have started to read a really good book, get half way through it, and then someone steals the last chapter.

Will the DVD version ever be released in the USA?

Please tell me your working on this.

Thanks,
Tim King (a.k.a. TEKing66 in the X Universe Forums)
Your dear and true friend and loyal customer since (XBTF) the beginning way back in 1999.
My mods for X3TC & X3AP

Been with the X-series from the beginning. If it happens in the X_Universe I've been there done that several times over.

Charlie901
x3tc

Post by Charlie901 » Sat, 18. Oct 08, 04:04

TEKing66 wrote:Hi,

Just wanted to say I am an avid fan of the X Series. I own at least one copy of the whole series ( 2 copies of X2 & X3 Reunion). And I am looking forward to playing Terran Conflict. It's safe to say that since I discovered X: Beyond the Frontier, (and you can quote me on this) "There is the X Universe and beyond that, No other video games exist!".

I am kinda surprised that I can only get the game through Steam since I live in the USA. This scares me, as I only have a dial-up connection I will not be able to get the game. All this reading about, waiting for, and wishing for something that I may never be able to get. This leaves me feeling like I have started to read a really good book, get half way through it, and then someone steals the last chapter.

Will the DVD version ever be released in the USA?
Please tell me your working on this.

Thanks,
Tim King (a.k.a. TEKing66 in the X Universe Forums)
Your dear and true friend and loyal customer since (XBTF) the beginning way back in 1999.

Ditto!!!!!

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Sat, 18. Oct 08, 04:53

TEKing66 wrote:Will the DVD version ever be released in the USA?
There's currently no information about a US publisher. You can order the DVD version online - some people have made suggestions of where (for around $40 US I believe.)

xxdh2kxx

Been loving this

Post by xxdh2kxx » Sat, 18. Oct 08, 07:19

The games been fun but as with all things u play for hundreds of hours at a time =), the small things tick you off.

It's the sound of the flak, e.g. explosion that seems to be 5x louder than anything else. It literally "hurts" my ears when the flak, or some new weapon that I haven't looked into blows up near my ship. I remember I had a problem with this in X3 Reunion and after searching the forums I met others with the same issue and luckily for me someone had created a less painful sound for the explosion. I believe XTM had a whole new sound library too because I can't remember the last time it bothered me until TC brought it back.

There has to be a script/fake patch in the works and if none of you other guys notice it either you're deaf already =), or my sound card is screwed up.

Remember Kids! Volume Effects on 100% does not make you cool. =P

FirewolfX
x3tc

Post by FirewolfX » Sat, 18. Oct 08, 07:45

eladan wrote:
TEKing66 wrote:Will the DVD version ever be released in the USA?
There's currently no information about a US publisher. You can order the DVD version online - some people have made suggestions of where (for around $40 US I believe.)
Check out www.gogamer.com

Nyax
x3tc

Post by Nyax » Sat, 18. Oct 08, 08:32

Aro wrote:
Belisarius wrote:[ external image ]
What the? I want one :shock:
Looks purply khaak. Too small to be a capital ship. Did they get an M6 or 7?
OOOh you know what that ship reminds me of? The Khaak are starting to evolve into the Shadows from Babylon 5 (Come to think of it, they were insectoid too. AND their homeworld got blown up. My God, it really is them! :) )

Aro
x4

Post by Aro » Sat, 18. Oct 08, 09:58

Nyax wrote:OOOh you know what that ship reminds me of? The Khaak are starting to evolve into the Shadows from Babylon 5 (Come to think of it, they were insectoid too. AND their homeworld got blown up. My God, it really is them! :) )
Wonder if the Slave and Super Slave chips can be a substitute for psi-powers...
[ external image ]
The end of a trilogy does not mean an end to a series.
| Vanilla with strawberries? [List of Vanilla safe mods.] | Tired of the plots? [Plot Skipper Tool v0.5] |
| X3: R & TC Minimaps |

Dave500
x3tc

Post by Dave500 » Sat, 18. Oct 08, 10:57

BTW new Blog.

Glad too see you all enjoyed yourselves! Now the work begins, sorting the wheat from the chaff and fixing the bugs (there will inevitably be a few) found by your customers, us, AKA "The Gamma Testers". :D

Nick 031287
x3tc

Post by Nick 031287 » Sun, 19. Oct 08, 03:40

hahaha just after the first mission i capped a Pirate M8 heavy bomber on a bbs mission which was worth over 2 million to sell, could you get a better start than that?????

AjaxDude
x3tc

Post by AjaxDude » Sun, 19. Oct 08, 04:15

Another Terran Conflict trailer! see it here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OLwktGhma0

Its not the fight trailer though.
How can one player flying one ship defeat a big gang of pirates?

Good flying, or reinforcements. Lots of reinforcements.

Distortionist
x4

Post by Distortionist » Sun, 19. Oct 08, 06:24

Where can I buy the game ? I am in Canada and no one around me sells it.. Is there a good online store I can buy from ? someone here said he got it from amazon, I cant find it there. Someone said gogamer.com but they dont ship to canada.. Help?!

Incubi
xr

Post by Incubi » Sun, 19. Oct 08, 06:31

Distortionist wrote:Where can I buy the game ? I am in Canada and no one around me sells it.. Is there a good online store I can buy from ? someone here said he got it from amazon, I cant find it there. Someone said gogamer.com but they dont ship to canada.. Help?!
Steam. I am pretty steamed about this, but I caved in and it is now 66% done downloading. While I am brewing, can someone instruct me on how to play Steam games offline again?

Distortionist
x4

Post by Distortionist » Sun, 19. Oct 08, 06:34

I never liked steam.. I would like to buy the DVD!

The Great Destroyer

Post by The Great Destroyer » Sun, 19. Oct 08, 07:07

For those still trying to get the game no matter where in the world try Ebay.

Incubi
xr

Post by Incubi » Sun, 19. Oct 08, 07:42

:( 88% I am stuck with a slow dsl because I hate the local cable company and a faster speed is not offered :(

Anywho, Forum is buggy an dI cant find the page within a reasonable amount fo time that explains how to play Steam games offline. Hopefully someone who knows wil respond before 100%... because I will then be indisposed for a while :D ( no sleep tonight )

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Sun, 19. Oct 08, 08:02

Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

Incubi
xr

Post by Incubi » Sun, 19. Oct 08, 08:11

Put that in a sticky!!! Woot, best tutorial I have ever seen in my life. :x3:

And thank you.

RiSkE
x3tc

Post by RiSkE » Sun, 19. Oct 08, 08:24

Beware of offline though - I believe that you get a "ticket" when you login, and it's only valid for a certain period of time, so you'll probably have to log onto Steam every week or so.

Incubi
xr

Post by Incubi » Sun, 19. Oct 08, 08:25

RiSkE wrote:Beware of offline though - I believe that you get a "ticket" when you login, and it's only valid for a certain period of time, so you'll probably have to log onto Steam every week or so.
ticket? I am new to stream, is this a fine, or a you get x amount of tickets and you cant play your games anymore?

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”