NEWS: X3: Terran Conflict news, all in one place for your convenience - 22-10-08

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

MegaJohnny
x4

Post by MegaJohnny » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 21:30

Demotruk wrote:From the "THINK" trailer, "starting with X3: Terran conflict...introduced to the X series".

Maybe this is a way to imply that they aren't planning to end the X series?
I'm afraid they are.,

"Now almost 10 years after the first game was released, we are close to the release of the final chapter of this series: X3:Terran Conflict."

Looks like X will get the best sendoff of any space sim series.

I wonder what's next for Egosoft? I hope they stay with space sims, or at least a space theme.

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 21:35

final chapter of this series
Clue is there and i think it just means the last chapter in the earth and experimental ship and kyle story. They will probably start a new story within the universe and do another 4-5 games of that.

I would actually love for them to do a new space game and see if they can make a new ip for themselves and grow so they dont just have one game type thats known by them. Hopefully in the future they will have made a string of diff games so they can prove they can do new ideas instead of reusing x forever which in all honesty is getting dull the universe imo and i bet many others who have all the x games and are craving the same style sandbox game but new story, races, space setting etc.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

THE_BIG_FISH:Leo
x4

Post by THE_BIG_FISH:Leo » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 21:44

call me a fool but i don't see this trailer anywhere :(

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 21:47

Last time i looked it was only in a post made by a moderator with the word "think" made in to a url to a youtube version of the trailer. And last time i looked the first post of the blog sticky topic didn't contain the link or mention of it and its not on the homepage in news section of egosoft site. So its not noticeable and only ppl who look in that blog topic would find it.

For easy finding Here it is
[ external image ]

Tycow
x4

Post by Tycow » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 21:48

MegaJohnny wrote: Also does anyone else love the music in the original Terran Conflict trailer?

Is there a full version I can know about, or is it just that 47 second long thing made specially for the trailer?
I also think that music is awesome, and would like to know if there is a longer version (and whether it'll be present in TC!) :D

I think it would make good combat music. :)

Cr0ssbow
x3tc

Post by Cr0ssbow » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 22:03

If you want to actually see everything, like the missions panel, I would suggest downloading it from filefront. It's widescreen and superb quality.

That mission thing has me PUMPED, looks great! Wish I had my own SETA device. Set that on 10x til the 26th.

Cr0ssbow
x3tc

Post by Cr0ssbow » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 22:10

Sooooo, here's a question...is Enlight on board with this? Are we going to see a simultaneous release across the Pond? Should I buy the UK version?

em3e3
x3tc

Post by em3e3 » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 22:23

Cr0ssbow wrote:Sooooo, here's a question...is Enlight on board with this? Are we going to see a simultaneous release across the Pond? Should I buy the UK version?
Looks like Deep Silver is the US based 'arm' of Koch Media, so I would guess (yes, more speculation!) that they will be distributing it somehow. Interesting that Amazon.co.uk has X3:TC available for pre-order, also with a 9/26/08 release date, but the stateside Amazon site does not.
8^)

Online Complex Calculators - X3:TC • X3:R • X2
Online Ship Compurator - X3:TC

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 22:26

Could you provide a link to the filefront HQ download cos i never saw it on here or on youtube.
[ external image ]

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 22:29

The voiceover guy is like the Grandmaster of Enunciation, seriously.

MegaJohnny
x4

Post by MegaJohnny » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 22:42

Skeeter wrote:
final chapter of this series
Clue is there and i think it just means the last chapter in the earth and experimental ship and kyle story. They will probably start a new story within the universe and do another 4-5 games of that.

I would actually love for them to do a new space game and see if they can make a new ip for themselves and grow so they dont just have one game type thats known by them. Hopefully in the future they will have made a string of diff games so they can prove they can do new ideas instead of reusing x forever which in all honesty is getting dull the universe imo and i bet many others who have all the x games and are craving the same style sandbox game but new story, races, space setting etc.
Having only come to play X at X3 sometime in 07, the universe isn't that old to me, although exploration is really pointless for me. I just want to jump everywhere I need to go.

A completely fresh start for Egosoft would be good. As long as it's sandbox, I'll have faith in them. Whatever it is, though, I hope it has a good plot and storyline. X3's, I'm finding rather weak, and leaving the storyline for dead can really take the life out of a game for me. However real it is in other aspects.

Think about Mass Effect. The encyclopedia has loads of articles about the races, technology, and lore in its universe, which I would always read with great fascination. It all seemed to fit together perfectly, and while the game had a great storyline, there were always side missions to do as well. (not nearly sandbox-level but oh well.)

I guess what I'd love is a game with X's gameplay, and Mass Effect's attention to detail and story.

Eriru Drourojj
x4

New Trailer

Post by Eriru Drourojj » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 22:45

Hi don't know if anyone has seen or found the new THINK trailer for X3:TC it's looking good very promising for ES

http://www.gamershell.com/tv/14162.html

Enjoy

Gilesey
x3tc

Post by Gilesey » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 22:48

Skeeter wrote:Could you provide a link to the filefront HQ download cos i never saw it on here or on youtube.
click here You may have to click past a 'subscribe to something here' screen first. Think vid is in MP4 format.

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 22:51

MegaJohnny wrote:snip
I agree about the attention to detail with mass effect like the encyclopaedia it uses which details races, tech and stuff. It would be nice to have a inship database you could call up and read through it when your a bit bored.
[ external image ]

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 22:54

Thanks mate. :)

--

I wonder what this is. Possibly station interior docking is back? Or maybe just for the HQ? Or maybe its a mission thats like the tunnel mission in x3?

[ external image ]
[ external image ]

MegaJohnny
x4

Post by MegaJohnny » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 23:04

KloHunt3r wrote:I'm really looking forward to the new Terran stations. They really deliver a far more significant sense of scale than those of the original X3: Reunion space stations.

Terran architecture has a very clean, efficient style to it. It reminds me of mid-twentieth century science-fiction literature.
When I first saw the Terran stations, my first thought was that an X-wing would probably look rather at home in one. Seriously, I think the styles are really similar.

I do like it a lot. The ship at 2:41 in the Think trailer looks like an evolved version of a modern space shuttle. That I really like too.

Cr0ssbow
x3tc

Post by Cr0ssbow » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 23:10

Sandalpocalypse wrote:The voiceover guy is like the Grandmaster of Enunciation, seriously.
Yeah he kinda reminds me of G Man from the Half Life games, except not quite as creepy.

"TIME to wake up...Mr...Freeman, TIME to wake UP"

bladeuk
x3tc

Post by bladeuk » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 23:13

Just found this on play.com:

Special Features

* New user interface allowing entire control using the mouse
* Introducing a brand new faction - "The Terrans"
* Ability to enter Earths systems and visit well known sectors such as Saturn and many more
* New group management allowing control of more ships
* Over 100 new ships, classes and weapons
* Capture huge battle ships with your own pirate crew

That last one sounds good!

MegaJohnny
x4

Post by MegaJohnny » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 23:40

Tycow wrote:
MegaJohnny wrote: Also does anyone else love the music in the original Terran Conflict trailer?

Is there a full version I can know about, or is it just that 47 second long thing made specially for the trailer?
I also think that music is awesome, and would like to know if there is a longer version (and whether it'll be present in TC!) :D

I think it would make good combat music. :)
I bloody well hope it's in the game itself. Gives me a fantastic 'last stand' feeling.

The soundtrack for The Reunion is really starting to get stale for me, so if they can make a masterpiece like this for a trailer, surely the release will be jam packed full of epic tracks like this one.

Man, every so often a song comes along that I want to listen to over and over and over, this is definitely one of them.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 23:41

@ "Special Features":
* Gerbils are free to run remote ships, but I .. will .. not .. touch .. a rodent.
* Brand new? So it was a gas leak instead of Terran ships shooting the other day?
* Well known Saturn sector? Never heard of.
* Control more? More than how many? Hundred?
* Like we didn't already have many ships to choose from.
* Define "huge". How much larger than K? All my crews are legit, mind you.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”