XNews: Preview about X3: Terran Conflict

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Harlock776
x2

Safe bet

Post by Harlock776 » Wed, 20. Aug 08, 18:29

I still haven't even played or installed X3 yet lol!!! I wouldn't play the game on it's first release. Let it sit on your desk for a few months while the bugs are worked out and patches are made.

Ego or any other company besides EA can't just wait til it's done and debugged completely before releasing because the publisher fronts some or most of the development money I think. Once the publisher pays they expect a release date to be given to them so they will know when they can make a return on their investment.

EA of course has a ton of money and can do whatever and buy whoever they want.

I simply refuse to allow starfarce to stay on my system so I just wait for a developer to release an official patch to get rid of it before I start playing the game.
Our mighty sovereign may she always go before us sailing brightly in the sea of black.

drakend

Re: Safe bet

Post by drakend » Wed, 20. Aug 08, 18:36

Harlock776 wrote:I still haven't even played or installed X3 yet lol!!! I wouldn't play the game on it's first release. Let it sit on your desk for a few months while the bugs are worked out and patches are made.

Ego or any other company besides EA can't just wait til it's done and debugged completely before releasing because the publisher fronts some or most of the development money I think. Once the publisher pays they expect a release date to be given to them so they will know when they can make a return on their investment.

EA of course has a ton of money and can do whatever and buy whoever they want.

I simply refuse to allow starfarce to stay on my system so I just wait for a developer to release an official patch to get rid of it before I start playing the game.
Dude I was talking about Terran Conflict... :D
Anyway X3 2.0 hasn't the Starforce and the publisher of X3 is Deep Silver (in Europe) and not EA.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 20. Aug 08, 18:43

drakend wrote:Dude I was talking about Terran Conflict... :D
Anyway X3 2.0 hasn't the Starforce and the publisher of X3 is Deep Silver (in Europe) and not EA.
yeah that was the point. EA have the money to basicalyl do what ever they want, whereas other publishers, like Deep Silver dont have the choise.

this is talking about the buggy first releases btw, EA have the money to extend the development of games if they want, but other publishers dont have the extra money to do that

drakend

Post by drakend » Wed, 20. Aug 08, 20:26

Cycrow wrote:yeah that was the point. EA have the money to basicalyl do what ever they want, whereas other publishers, like Deep Silver dont have the choise.

this is talking about the buggy first releases btw, EA have the money to extend the development of games if they want, but other publishers dont have the extra money to do that
Uhm I don't see EA publishing games like X3... I mean this game is a very peculiar one, as you know better than me, why EA usually publishes things for a vast audience.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 20. Aug 08, 21:43

erm that was the point.

Harlock was saying that small companys cant just extend thier release date to make sure the game is 100% complete, as they dont have endless amounts of money, unlike large companies like EA

drakend

Post by drakend » Wed, 20. Aug 08, 21:52

Cycrow wrote:erm that was the point.

Harlock was saying that small companys cant just extend thier release date to make sure the game is 100% complete, as they dont have endless amounts of money, unlike large companies like EA
Oh ok I read Harlock's post too fast... anyway I don't agree with the equation EA = more money = good debugged games. It's nowhere like this: EA makes tons of games and the only thing it cares about is making them a good cash cow, without much regards to playability and patches. On the contrary Egosoft developed the game for years after it was released, even adding new features! They even actively support the community by supporting mods like XTM and a forum where one can find scripts who keep X3 an always green game. This is science fiction for larger companies like EA and friends imho.

Incubi
xr

Post by Incubi » Wed, 27. Aug 08, 22:49

I may have missed somethign obvious. But when I checked gamespot for release and attempted to pre-order. They did not show it comming up. Is this going to be a digital dowbnload only game? Or a sneak release where its success will be due to wom? JUst want to know where to buy it, and for how much. I bought Spore all ready( do not have just bought ), and am just waiting for this and fo3.

Al
x3tc

Post by Al » Wed, 27. Aug 08, 22:52

www.play.com have it for pre-order.
X2 Capture Guru - X3:TC Noob :D
X2 Capture Guide

ubica

Post by ubica » Sun, 14. Sep 08, 13:56

The question still remains; is there going to be some kind of ˝protection˝ like the infamous Starforce? How about following the shiny example of the Sins of the Solar empire? No so called protection and still they made a killing on the market. Making a good game makes people want to buy it...

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”