NEWS: Screenshots from X³: Terran Conflict - updated 20/7

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

naritius1
x3

Post by naritius1 » Mon, 7. Jul 08, 15:05

Finally, something new on the news board. Thankyou egosoft, I was a little tired of looking at a gigantic solar power plant! As for the screenshots, they look fantastic. I don't know what that sleek new ship is - I think it's slide 8, but I just know I need to have one. What's with the Paranid Deimos lookalike though - have you got an agreement going with some XT modders? If so, can you at least make sure the textures and colours look realistic and as though they belong in the game, unlike some of the ships from XTM. Keep up the good work! :)

BigBANGtheory
x4

Post by BigBANGtheory » Mon, 7. Jul 08, 15:08

Is that a proper planet & moon in the same system? :)

http://www.egosoft.com/games/x3_tc/scre ... en_008.jpg

Paranoid66
x3tc

Post by Paranoid66 » Mon, 7. Jul 08, 15:57

BigBANGtheory wrote:Is that a proper planet & moon in the same system? :)

http://www.egosoft.com/games/x3_tc/scre ... en_008.jpg
What do you mean by proper I'm guessing it may be Earth where all those weird Earth monkey men come from you know the pre evolved Argon.

I wouldn't expect the moon to start orbiting if that is what you mean.
Beyond 'X' Far future (Fanfic): BkI BkII BkIII

Never more than 98.8 percent sure about anything.
98.8 percent sure that anyone who is 100 percent certain needs re-educating for the sake of humanity.

Al
x3tc

Post by Al » Mon, 7. Jul 08, 16:14

Good news. Guess I should start trying to get some of the outstanding work on the house done in preparation of the arrival of X3:TC :)

Slightly concerned about the "culmination of the X trilogy" remark but I guess we'll need to wait and see what the future may bring.
X2 Capture Guru - X3:TC Noob :D
X2 Capture Guide

Paranoid66
x3tc

Post by Paranoid66 » Mon, 7. Jul 08, 16:30

Al wrote:Slightly concerned about the "culmination of the X trilogy" remark but I guess we'll need to wait and see what the future may bring.
Good news I think it just means the end of the current saga in relation to the loss, and rediscovery inclusion of Earth.

Speculation could well mean potential new plot - with new ideas, and seriously surprising stuff in X4. I think that is where all that talk of radical things on the horizon comes from via that old X newsletter a while back.

98.8 percent sure that anyone who is 100 percent certain needs re-educating for the sake of humanity.

Master Mike

Post by Master Mike » Mon, 7. Jul 08, 16:36

we could even find a new race, enermy emerge,
so kha,ak
Xenon
pirates
and Omipressance, (cool name for a race)

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Mon, 7. Jul 08, 16:39

Paranoid66 wrote:
Al wrote:Slightly concerned about the "culmination of the X trilogy" remark but I guess we'll need to wait and see what the future may bring.
Good news I think it just means the end of the current saga in relation to the loss, and rediscovery inclusion of Earth.

Speculation could well mean potential new plot - with new ideas, and seriously surprising stuff in X4. I think that is where all that talk of radical things on the horizon comes from via that old X newsletter a while back.
- use the MD, Luke San..

- feel the force :D

Paranoid66
x3tc

Post by Paranoid66 » Mon, 7. Jul 08, 17:32

BugMeister wrote: - use the MD, Luke San..

- feel the force :D
Now I'm getting worried if the mighty trilogy is over does that mean its time for the crappy prequels argghhhhhhhhh! The force was weak in those ones.

:lol:

On topic I like that new ship the one in the two screen shots. Any ideas what it is Terran?

Master Mike

Post by Master Mike » Mon, 7. Jul 08, 17:37

maybe a new race (hoping as im tired of killing the same ugly droogs day after nihgt) hemm welsh fighters (before anyone has a go at me im 1/2 welsh)

Paranoid66
x3tc

Post by Paranoid66 » Mon, 7. Jul 08, 17:41

Master Mike wrote:maybe a new race (hoping as im tired of killing the same ugly droogs day after nihgt) hemm welsh fighters (before anyone has a go at me im 1/2 welsh)
Which half? No don't tell me.

Could be Sonnen I suppose I hope we don't get any more races just more depth on what we have already.

Actually the front bit looks a little bit Paranid to me (wishful thinking perhaps).

Master Mike

Post by Master Mike » Mon, 7. Jul 08, 17:44

my top half (i only kiss sheep MWAH)

i hate paranid, the ship kinda olooks stupid, but i want a new baddie, aswelll as kha,ak and xenon :twisted: 3 is the magic number :twisted:

VisigothX
x4

Post by VisigothX » Mon, 7. Jul 08, 18:34

Congrats to the XTM folks for having some of their stuff included with this... or perhaps it's just to show compatibility with mods... but the SS also show the Cerberus and Centaur MkIII, not just the Deimos, both of which are Xtended ships.

I really like how the guns look different on their hardpoints now!

juscuz
x4

Post by juscuz » Mon, 7. Jul 08, 19:28

Here's a question......is there any possiblity for TrackIR support in the new game? I have tried X3 out and to me that's really the major piece missing.

-JusCuz

dexstone
x3tc

Post by dexstone » Mon, 7. Jul 08, 19:43

What about the main plot?I loved to play the plot in previous versions...There will be a main plot? or it will be a freelancer.

Free Trade Inn
x3tc

Post by Free Trade Inn » Mon, 7. Jul 08, 20:42

I have read somewhere that there would be a lot of XTM content in the new game so IMO these images are probably vanilla.
As for the graphics themselves, the detail work looks a bit cleaner, and it would seem that Egosoft have not tried to re-invent the game graphicly (a good move concidering the range of machines this game is played on).

So I would be interested to know if aside from the new models what has been changed with the game/graphic engine?
Have these engines been optimised to be less of a system draw despite the better detail?

I have a feeling that most of the work will have been done with the missions and the odd new feature/weapon as I cant imagine there will be much of a bigger map than XTM.

Good to hear some news at last. How about a monthly teaser?

FTI

Vitez
xr

Post by Vitez » Mon, 7. Jul 08, 20:56

Marry me, Egosoft!!!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!! (although, I'll probably cheat on you with X3: TC. Kinda like cheating someone with her own daughter).
Last edited by Vitez on Mon, 7. Jul 08, 22:28, edited 1 time in total.
I don't hate Steam.
I don't love Steam.
I use it.

Free Trade Inn
x3tc

Post by Free Trade Inn » Mon, 7. Jul 08, 21:09

I dont think thats what is ment by family orietated board.

:o

FTI

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 7. Jul 08, 21:11

Agreed.

Vitez, please keep it clean and stop trying to bypass the swear filter. It's there for a reason. :roll:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Vitez
xr

Post by Vitez » Mon, 7. Jul 08, 21:19

Sorry, got carried away XD This news got me So Excited! :D :D :D
sry for the modified f-word :D
I don't hate Steam.
I don't love Steam.
I use it.

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Mon, 7. Jul 08, 23:55

Looks awesome Egosoft. The solar plant looks a bit...umm...ripply, though.

Picking up the Xtended stuff is a great idea. The models are pretty awesome afterall. I knew some XTM guys were working on TC, but I didn't expect this.

I'm curious what exactly the Centaur Mk 3 is firing. They arn't in the right spots for X3-style missile launches. Hm...

By my count we are up to 4 Argon capital ships: the missile frigate, the Cerberus, the Titan, and the COlossus. Unless one of those last three is also secretly the missile frigate.
Last edited by Sandalpocalypse on Tue, 8. Jul 08, 00:29, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”