NEWS: Screenshots from X³: Terran Conflict - updated 20/7

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

surferx
x4

Post by surferx » Tue, 8. Jul 08, 03:01

Incubi wrote:About time. I was skin and bones. Now that Ego has fed me this, I have meat on my bones again. Thanks for the feeder. I wonder if those new stations are terran or everyone elses :D
I would guess Terran, if I had to; but I can't wait for that station to be mine. 8)
If you want to go fast, go alone.
If you want to go far, go together.

Operating System:
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit CPU: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KF RAM: 32606 MBytes MBO: Gigabyte Z790 UD AC (U3E1) GPU: ZOTAC GEFORCE RTX 4080 Trinity OC NVIDIA 16 GB GDDR6 SSD: AJP600M2TB 1907 GB

Nonpluszultra
xr

Post by Nonpluszultra » Tue, 8. Jul 08, 08:21

Don't like the new stations, because they do not look like space stations at all. Instead, dhey look like some space-castles from a weird space-opera with the feeling of crusading space-knights and the stuff like that.

Howewer i like gothic cathedrals floating in deepspace but not in this game.
The X-series is an oldschool sci-fi game, hope it remains so.
Good choice to include the XTM stuff. I am wodering if it would be an X-tended mod for TC. Funny.

unknown1
x4

Post by unknown1 » Tue, 8. Jul 08, 09:51

well great news indeed Egosoft.Can't wait to play it.I only hope that you won't mess up everithing like you did with X3 Reunion.{dont like the ideea to install a patch every week}
:evil:

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Tue, 8. Jul 08, 10:59

Graphics could be better in some places. I like the first screenie i.e saturn pic with the rings. Apart from that useless to me the screenies i wana see the ui to see if its gone back to x2 style more as that was perfect imo and want them back as well as cockpits. I especially will only consider buying x3 TC if i know the amount of missions in bb is on offer and its a good variety. As thats all i wana do in a x game if i get one i wont touch economy part anymore as did all that in x2 and aint starting over ever again. Hope the storys good with character interactions with choices like in x2. As i like playing storys in games.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

nataq

Post by nataq » Tue, 8. Jul 08, 11:57

i find only 2 bad things in X3 graphics, lack of HDR and poor ship explosions, those just sux hard... they look like they was copied from old x-wing lucasarts games, i hope they will get better in terran conflict.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx36pS7exzI <--- this game is rly ****** compared to x3, but thats how i would like to see capital ships and stations in X to explode.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 8. Jul 08, 17:06

Do we really care about graphics? Would we not rather see improved gameplay, UI, content, etc? But a screenshot cannot show those, it can only show the graphical effects. And unfortunately screenshots do sell games, even unplayable games. :(

But since we do see some new shiny things, we do know that all development resources have not been used in the improvement of gameplay. So more (fancy graphics) actually means less. Sad, but Egosoft cannot be blamed for that.

EKS
x3tc

Post by EKS » Tue, 8. Jul 08, 17:16

Is there any site or forum post where information on whats new in this game is gathered (new as in new compared to X3 ) ?

nataq

Post by nataq » Tue, 8. Jul 08, 17:36

jlehtone wrote:Do we really care about graphics? .
i always tought that "eye candy" effect of X3 was one of the major aspects of that game.

Psychoclops
x3tc

Post by Psychoclops » Tue, 8. Jul 08, 17:47

NEWS!!! NEW SCREENIES!!!

*runs around room like an excited 6 year old*

Cant wait! Although it aint actually 'news' of sorts, i've heard whats been posted before, but the screenies look cool 8)

Can get the new game in time for me birthday now :D

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 8. Jul 08, 18:30

All this is great stuff, but I'm disappointed there's still no official word on a North American publisher. :(
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

xeon_1
x4

Post by xeon_1 » Tue, 8. Jul 08, 19:08

Nanook wrote:All this is great stuff, but I'm disappointed there's still no official word on a North American publisher. :(
Well no to anger any americans here but that kinda makes me happy.
We here in europe usually have to wait a couple of months for a game to come out if it ever comes out.
Besides this game is developed by an european developer so it should first come out here and not in the gets everything first states.

Sorry rant over

http://www.egosoft.com/news/images/news ... 04_002.jpg This reminds me of the OTAS ships form ... e otas hq?

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 8. Jul 08, 19:19

xeon_1 wrote:
Nanook wrote:All this is great stuff, but I'm disappointed there's still no official word on a North American publisher. :(
Well no to anger any americans here but that kinda makes me happy.
We here in europe usually have to wait a couple of months for a game to come out if it ever comes out.
Besides this game is developed by an european developer so it should first come out here and not in the gets everything first states.

Sorry rant over....
X2 came out first in Australia, then North America, then Europe. The European version had the benefit of having most of the bugs fixed due to us 'beta testers'. X3 came out first in Europe, and everyone whined because of all the bugs. :roll:

Whatever, that's not my point. My point isn't when it's coming out in each location. My point is that it hasn't even been announced as coming out at all in North America. Good grief, understand what a post says before going off on some pointless rant. :roll:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

StarTroll
x4

Post by StarTroll » Tue, 8. Jul 08, 19:30

As for Those 2 Ships I dare say they look very "human" so I'd say Terran :)

http://www.egosoft.com/games/x3_tc/scre ... en_009.jpg
http://www.egosoft.com/games/x3_tc/scre ... en_006.jpg
SCUM : They may exceed you in number, but not in value.

Ormson
x3tc

Post by Ormson » Tue, 8. Jul 08, 21:00

If Terran Conflict does not come out in North America, can the Euro version be used instead? I would pay to have it shipped across the Atlantic; I love the X series that much, :D .

Ormson

softweir
xr

Post by softweir » Tue, 8. Jul 08, 21:19

I'm sure the online shops (Amazon etc) will be stocking it - but without a stateside distributor it will be the people who prefer to buy in shops (and the shops themselves) who lose out.
My new fave game (while waiting for Rebirth) - Kerbal Space Program

BigBANGtheory
x4

Post by BigBANGtheory » Tue, 8. Jul 08, 21:21

jlehtone wrote:Would we not rather see improved gameplay, UI, content, etc?
Never a truer word spoken...

g04tn4d0
x4

Post by g04tn4d0 » Tue, 8. Jul 08, 22:19

jlehtone wrote:Do we really care about graphics? Would we not rather see improved gameplay, UI, content, etc? But a screenshot cannot show those, it can only show the graphical effects. And unfortunately screenshots do sell games, even unplayable games. :(

But since we do see some new shiny things, we do know that all development resources have not been used in the improvement of gameplay. So more (fancy graphics) actually means less. Sad, but Egosoft cannot be blamed for that.
Oops... I just posted that same thing on page 71 of the top sticky. Yeah! I'm wanting to know why I should buy it. I mean, I'd love to continue giving EgoSoft my money, but refusing to answer any questions about anything other than storyline (and the stories have always sucked, sorry) is kinda starting to feel a little shady, almost like they're hiding something. I certainly could care less about a few new ships or sectors. We have that huge X-pansion thing some group of fans made recently, so that's not impressive at all. I want to see "controversial" features make an intelligent return to the game. I want to see expanded gameplay, not streamlined. I want to see the UI mapped completely to the right mouse button like on Eve, not kinda mapped to the mouse and kinda mapped to the keyboard. I want to see resizable modal windows. I want to see pointless, miscellaneous trade goods available like other games. Just stuff to buy and sell. It doesn't have to be part of some great pretend simulated system. It just has to be fun and NOT further revolve around combat.

Tenlar Scarflame
xr

Post by Tenlar Scarflame » Tue, 8. Jul 08, 22:47

See! Every time I stop looking at the X forum for a while, the next time I look there's some big update on something :roll:

Well. Those gi-normous space stations are certainly pretty. :o Weapons platforms maybe? And those two ships pointed out by StarTroll are quite nice- either Terran or Sohnen, I say.

Those new space backgrounds looked pretty cool too- dare I say, a bit like Realspace's background mod? :P

I'm hoping to see some more news on the UI, but I'm not getting my woolies in a bunch or anything.

Looking forward to September, whatever the case. :D
My music - Von Neumann's Children - Lasers and Tactics

I'm on Twitch! 21:15 EST Sundays. Come watch me die a lot.

Dwarden
x4

Post by Dwarden » Tue, 8. Jul 08, 22:50

nataq wrote:i find only 2 bad things in X3 graphics, lack of HDR and poor ship explosions, those just sux hard... they look like they was copied from old x-wing lucasarts games, i hope they will get better in terran conflict.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx36pS7exzI <--- this game is rly ****** compared to x3, but thats how i would like to see capital ships and stations in X to explode.
i agree that some of the Space Force visual effects were great http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ-cnkWW3qA&fmt=18
and wish to see similar in some future X game
same goes about hit effects, shield effects w/e ...

imho many effects e.g. in http://www.vimeo.com/1156420
and some from HW2 shader upgrade mod in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jz8BYwDnMDk&fmt=18

unfortunately &fmt=6 quality on YT seems to not work with most of videos but 18 seems better than default (crisper on detail) e.g. video from quote http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx36pS7exzI&fmt=18

p.s. i agree that visuals are not game :) but they nice if they nice :)

Psychoclops
x3tc

Post by Psychoclops » Tue, 8. Jul 08, 23:50

Only now i've noticed the 'revamped' forum look.

X3 Terran Conflict - the new forum header or whatever its called, nice 8)

Also, why are there no emoticons for Argon (Terran also i suppose) Nearest thing we have to humans in the emoticons is some old geezer with a beard! :goner:

Unless of course the good ole vanilla smiley :) represents us/argon

Sorry, was just a random thought, but now that the forums looks are being updated, the long awaited release date must be upon us soon for sure! Also now that Earth is accesible again, i have a feeling the Xenon are gonna be much more involved in this game..... :fg:

Of course i could be wrong, the plot is anyone's guess, just hope its better than Reunion :P

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”