NEWS: Screenshots from X³: Terran Conflict - updated 20/7

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

BigBANGtheory
x4

Post by BigBANGtheory » Tue, 8. Jul 08, 21:21

jlehtone wrote:Would we not rather see improved gameplay, UI, content, etc?
Never a truer word spoken...

g04tn4d0
x4

Post by g04tn4d0 » Tue, 8. Jul 08, 22:19

jlehtone wrote:Do we really care about graphics? Would we not rather see improved gameplay, UI, content, etc? But a screenshot cannot show those, it can only show the graphical effects. And unfortunately screenshots do sell games, even unplayable games. :(

But since we do see some new shiny things, we do know that all development resources have not been used in the improvement of gameplay. So more (fancy graphics) actually means less. Sad, but Egosoft cannot be blamed for that.
Oops... I just posted that same thing on page 71 of the top sticky. Yeah! I'm wanting to know why I should buy it. I mean, I'd love to continue giving EgoSoft my money, but refusing to answer any questions about anything other than storyline (and the stories have always sucked, sorry) is kinda starting to feel a little shady, almost like they're hiding something. I certainly could care less about a few new ships or sectors. We have that huge X-pansion thing some group of fans made recently, so that's not impressive at all. I want to see "controversial" features make an intelligent return to the game. I want to see expanded gameplay, not streamlined. I want to see the UI mapped completely to the right mouse button like on Eve, not kinda mapped to the mouse and kinda mapped to the keyboard. I want to see resizable modal windows. I want to see pointless, miscellaneous trade goods available like other games. Just stuff to buy and sell. It doesn't have to be part of some great pretend simulated system. It just has to be fun and NOT further revolve around combat.

Tenlar Scarflame
xr

Post by Tenlar Scarflame » Tue, 8. Jul 08, 22:47

See! Every time I stop looking at the X forum for a while, the next time I look there's some big update on something :roll:

Well. Those gi-normous space stations are certainly pretty. :o Weapons platforms maybe? And those two ships pointed out by StarTroll are quite nice- either Terran or Sohnen, I say.

Those new space backgrounds looked pretty cool too- dare I say, a bit like Realspace's background mod? :P

I'm hoping to see some more news on the UI, but I'm not getting my woolies in a bunch or anything.

Looking forward to September, whatever the case. :D
My music - Von Neumann's Children - Lasers and Tactics

I'm on Twitch! 21:15 EST Sundays. Come watch me die a lot.

Dwarden
x4

Post by Dwarden » Tue, 8. Jul 08, 22:50

nataq wrote:i find only 2 bad things in X3 graphics, lack of HDR and poor ship explosions, those just sux hard... they look like they was copied from old x-wing lucasarts games, i hope they will get better in terran conflict.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx36pS7exzI <--- this game is rly ****** compared to x3, but thats how i would like to see capital ships and stations in X to explode.
i agree that some of the Space Force visual effects were great http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ-cnkWW3qA&fmt=18
and wish to see similar in some future X game
same goes about hit effects, shield effects w/e ...

imho many effects e.g. in http://www.vimeo.com/1156420
and some from HW2 shader upgrade mod in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jz8BYwDnMDk&fmt=18

unfortunately &fmt=6 quality on YT seems to not work with most of videos but 18 seems better than default (crisper on detail) e.g. video from quote http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx36pS7exzI&fmt=18

p.s. i agree that visuals are not game :) but they nice if they nice :)

Psychoclops
x3tc

Post by Psychoclops » Tue, 8. Jul 08, 23:50

Only now i've noticed the 'revamped' forum look.

X3 Terran Conflict - the new forum header or whatever its called, nice 8)

Also, why are there no emoticons for Argon (Terran also i suppose) Nearest thing we have to humans in the emoticons is some old geezer with a beard! :goner:

Unless of course the good ole vanilla smiley :) represents us/argon

Sorry, was just a random thought, but now that the forums looks are being updated, the long awaited release date must be upon us soon for sure! Also now that Earth is accesible again, i have a feeling the Xenon are gonna be much more involved in this game..... :fg:

Of course i could be wrong, the plot is anyone's guess, just hope its better than Reunion :P

Paranoid66
x3tc

Post by Paranoid66 » Wed, 9. Jul 08, 09:07

I'm hoping the plot will be more split up with choices about what route you take, and the ability to deliberately skip choices you disagree with. So that you can turn a mission down which will also have consequences.

Also many more BBS missions. I admit it would be good to know what the actual philosophy is behind X3 TC. Came across this - old article - looking back on X3 R that is interesting in relation to the thinking behind the missions, and how it has changed.

I see it was seen as a way to capture a wider audience for the freeform play. I kind of agree, however - imo - ES would really need to up their game on the mission front.

It being important to ensure missions have the same quality of finish as the rest of the game: No npcs knocking boots with gates sort of thing, not so much fiddling with in game stats as it makes a mockery of the game balance, (although I know many games do this in some missions - for example Freelancer - it is a pet hate of mine when the enemy suddenly gets very easy to kill or conversely becomes indestructible), or frustratingly annoying mini games - you have to do - to advance the plot (that are arguably about as much fun as having your teeth pulled), and definitely no graphic glitches like scenery you can see through (the buildings in that fly through the city mission).

To me it is these small things that cause a total eradication of disbelief, and makes all the effort to create a realistic background worthless.

I would like to enjoy the plot rather than skip it as a mismatch. As I have argued before X is great, but many newcomers used to playing liner plot games may judge it by its mission content first and foremost, and could be put off the real game before they even discover it.

PC Zone Article

Many of you may have read the above old article already. But I think it is an interesting interview to review at this time as it talks about intent. A similar article on X3 TC would be great in relation to what ES are - trying to do - how their philosophy may have changed or not, even if it only gave away a few details. I have always been interested in the wider thought process behind this games development.

Note: In the article all the references to improvements towards realistic scale away from for example: tardis like internal station spaces in X2 to the new X3 designs.

Sorry edited for extra rant.
Beyond 'X' Far future (Fanfic): BkI BkII BkIII

Never more than 98.8 percent sure about anything.
98.8 percent sure that anyone who is 100 percent certain needs re-educating for the sake of humanity.

nirwin
x3tc

Post by nirwin » Wed, 9. Jul 08, 11:03

Cool, roll on september!

Looking forward to the new plot, praying for better ship/station explosions, hoping for a nicer UI and it would be nice if the sandbox is made richer (BBS improvements etc).

Either way I'm excited.
Nirwin
------
Sector Takeover | Unlimited Resources (x2/x3)

Ahem
x3tc

Post by Ahem » Wed, 9. Jul 08, 11:32

WOw, The HW2 trailer looks AMAZING! pity we'll never see missile boats, lasers, explosions like that. Still love X though. Would love some o those explosions tho....

xeon_1
x4

Post by xeon_1 » Wed, 9. Jul 08, 11:47

Nanook wrote:
xeon_1 wrote:
Nanook wrote:All this is great stuff, but I'm disappointed there's still no official word on a North American publisher. :(
Well no to anger any americans here but that kinda makes me happy.
We here in europe usually have to wait a couple of months for a game to come out if it ever comes out.
Besides this game is developed by an european developer so it should first come out here and not in the gets everything first states.

Sorry rant over....
X2 came out first in Australia, then North America, then Europe. The European version had the benefit of having most of the bugs fixed due to us 'beta testers'. X3 came out first in Europe, and everyone whined because of all the bugs. :roll:

Whatever, that's not my point. My point isn't when it's coming out in each location. My point is that it hasn't even been announced as coming out at all in North America. Good grief, understand what a post says before going off on some pointless rant. :roll:
Dare i say it you could alway's get it true steam but i would prefer having it shipped over then buying it on steam.

pol85
x4

Infos

Post by pol85 » Wed, 9. Jul 08, 11:54

Besser wäre es wenn es ein paar Infos über das Game gäbe. Anschenend wird man wieder vonausen andocken müssen, schade eigentlich!

Bunny
x3ap

Re: Infos

Post by Bunny » Wed, 9. Jul 08, 13:44

pol85 wrote:Besser wäre es wenn es ein paar Infos über das Game gäbe. Anschenend wird man wieder vonausen andocken müssen, schade eigentlich!
rough translation

"It would be better if some information about the game were given. Apparently one must still dock externally, which is a pity"

Paranoid66
x3tc

Post by Paranoid66 » Wed, 9. Jul 08, 14:26

Bunny wrote:
pol85 wrote:Besser wäre es wenn es ein paar Infos über das Game gäbe. Anschenend wird man wieder vonausen andocken müssen, schade eigentlich!
rough translation

"It would be better if some information about the game were given. Apparently one must still dock externally, which is a pity"
Did you get it translated on line as well, or do you speak German?

Who knows we might get some more internal docking for smaller ships such as the trade station type bays - I would be very happy - if those were added to all the stations. Clamps remaining for big ships, and quick stop traffic. Variety as they say is the spice of life.
Beyond 'X' Far future (Fanfic): BkI BkII BkIII

Never more than 98.8 percent sure about anything.
98.8 percent sure that anyone who is 100 percent certain needs re-educating for the sake of humanity.

DDM_Reaper20
x3tc

Post by DDM_Reaper20 » Wed, 9. Jul 08, 14:57

Wrong forum. ;)

Translation for the guys who don't speak German: "Would be better if there were some info about the game. Apparently, one will have to dock outside, a pity, really."

Bobsik

Post by Bobsik » Wed, 9. Jul 08, 18:28

Even can't wait for that, I Hope that i will wake up at the end of September :) !!

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 9. Jul 08, 18:47

xeon_1 wrote:
Nanook wrote:
xeon_1 wrote:
Nanook wrote:All this is great stuff, but I'm disappointed there's still no official word on a North American publisher. :(
We here in europe usually have to wait a couple of months for a game to come out if it ever comes out.
Besides this game is developed by an european developer so it should first come out here and not in the gets everything first states.

Sorry rant over....
X2 came out first in Australia, then North America, then Europe. The European version had the benefit of having most of the bugs fixed due to us 'beta testers'. X3 came out first in Europe, and everyone whined because of all the bugs. :roll:

Whatever, that's not my point. My point isn't when it's coming out in each location. My point is that it hasn't even been announced as coming out at all in North America. Good grief, understand what a post says before going off on some pointless rant. :roll:
Dare i say it you could alway's get it true steam but i would prefer having it shipped over then buying it on steam.
I only buy games I can get as a hardcopy. I don't wish to deal with the hassle of downloads, online activations and more downloads when I need to do a reinstall for some reason. I like to keep my games; I'm not one to play a game then trash it, sell it or give it away. If I like it, it stays in my collection. And I never install games to the C: drive as Steam forces you to do. So if I can't get it on disk, I won't buy it.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

xeon_1
x4

Post by xeon_1 » Wed, 9. Jul 08, 19:19

Nanook wrote:
xeon_1 wrote:
Nanook wrote:
xeon_1 wrote:

Sorry rant over....

I only buy games I can get as a hardcopy. I don't wish to deal with the hassle of downloads, online activations and more downloads when I need to do a reinstall for some reason. I like to keep my games; I'm not one to play a game then trash it, sell it or give it away. If I like it, it stays in my collection. And I never install games to the C: drive as Steam forces you to do. So if I can't get it on disk, I won't buy it.
Same here

Holeoe
x4

Post by Holeoe » Wed, 9. Jul 08, 19:23

Nanook wrote:I only buy games I can get as a hardcopy. I don't wish to deal with the hassle of downloads, online activations and more downloads when I need to do a reinstall for some reason. I like to keep my games; I'm not one to play a game then trash it, sell it or give it away. If I like it, it stays in my collection. And I never install games to the C: drive as Steam forces you to do. So if I can't get it on disk, I won't buy it.
I completely agree, why should I have to play for renting a phone line then paying for the internet then paying for the bandwidth, they sell it cheaper the download way but at the end of the day it cost you more, and you can only reinstall for as long as that company is alive, if thats how all games were I'd never get to reply x-com apoclypse.

Any can't wait for this addon to comes out. Is it me or of late are there no decent games for the pc anymore only console conversions

g04tn4d0
x4

Post by g04tn4d0 » Wed, 9. Jul 08, 19:40

Dwarden wrote:
nataq wrote:i find only 2 bad things in X3 graphics, lack of HDR and poor ship explosions, those just sux hard... they look like they was copied from old x-wing lucasarts games, i hope they will get better in terran conflict.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx36pS7exzI <--- this game is rly ****** compared to x3, but thats how i would like to see capital ships and stations in X to explode.
i agree that some of the Space Force visual effects were great http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ-cnkWW3qA&fmt=18
and wish to see similar in some future X game
same goes about hit effects, shield effects w/e ...

imho many effects e.g. in http://www.vimeo.com/1156420
and some from HW2 shader upgrade mod in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jz8BYwDnMDk&fmt=18

unfortunately &fmt=6 quality on YT seems to not work with most of videos but 18 seems better than default (crisper on detail) e.g. video from quote http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx36pS7exzI&fmt=18

p.s. i agree that visuals are not game :) but they nice if they nice :)
That, and I actually find Space Force fun to play ever since v1.2 finally came out.

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Wed, 9. Jul 08, 23:55

Of course x3 could use a graphics upgrade! The stock ship explosions are pathetic. TC seems to be cranking up the explosions, verra nice!

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Thu, 10. Jul 08, 00:33

How do u know there cranking the explosions up? No screenie has shown this or trailer.

Edit - And OMG this IS how x should look and feel its so how close to how x should be its amazing, egosoft take heed of that engine and make the sound effects like this as x games sounds suck compared to this as well as cap ships and explosions and shaky cam is needed if near explosions its so cool. Thanks to who found this vid. Glad i saw it even tho the project died it was nice to see such detail that was not rendered but ingame it was way ahead of its time. this im talkin about
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”