NEWS: X³: Terran Conflict announced

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Demotruk
x3tc

Post by Demotruk » Thu, 24. Jul 08, 22:05

Gothsheep wrote:I'm not sure Egosoft even can answer the question about a Steam release. That's Deep Silver's decision.
That all depends on their deal. It's possible that the decision is in either hands(and most likely if it is in the hands of Egosoft, they would still be required to have a time period between DVD release and Steam release.)

b0bst3r
x4

Question about X3 Terran Conflict

Post by b0bst3r » Fri, 25. Jul 08, 00:52

Will it have any multiplayer (LAN) built in ?

Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please. :)

I even got the wife playing Reunion :D

Demotruk
x3tc

Post by Demotruk » Fri, 25. Jul 08, 01:29

I really doubt it. I expect to see it in X4 or another iteration though.

eladan
x4

Re: Question about X3 Terran Conflict

Post by eladan » Fri, 25. Jul 08, 02:25

b0bst3r wrote:Will it have any multiplayer (LAN) built in ?
It's using essentially the same engine as X3:R, so I think I'd be safe to say that no, it won't have multiplayer (which many times has been stated to require a complete engine rewrite.)

:EDIT: need to get used to differentiating between X3 versions... :roll:
Last edited by eladan on Fri, 25. Jul 08, 03:14, edited 1 time in total.

Gothsheep
x3tc

Post by Gothsheep » Fri, 25. Jul 08, 03:10

Demotruk wrote:I really doubt it. I expect to see it in X4 or another iteration though.
I don't. I've heard time and again that such a thing simply isn't cost prohibitive. That is to say, it takes a lot to develop an engine that supports that. Nevermind what the game is actually like...Just being able to support that online function requires a lot of effort, and it really doesn't attract people to buy it. So it's a lot of time and money spent into development of something that doesn't really sell.

Wurtzel
x4

Post by Wurtzel » Fri, 25. Jul 08, 05:06

Gothsheep wrote:
Demotruk wrote:I really doubt it. I expect to see it in X4 or another iteration though.
I don't. I've heard time and again that such a thing simply isn't cost prohibitive. That is to say, it takes a lot to develop an engine that supports that. Nevermind what the game is actually like...Just being able to support that online function requires a lot of effort, and it really doesn't attract people to buy it. So it's a lot of time and money spent into development of something that doesn't really sell.
Agreed 100%.
I THINK, SO THEREFORE I AM

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Fri, 25. Jul 08, 09:34

Gothsheep wrote:
iirc, the usual response is that if it was introduced it would be an offshoot of developing an X MMO, and there was that multiplayer suggestions thread not all that long ago.

Gothsheep
x3tc

Post by Gothsheep » Fri, 25. Jul 08, 09:43

X Online is such a common topic 'round 'ere that I don't think I even need to voice an opinion on that. Regardless, that's a topic for another thread.

Demotruk
x3tc

Post by Demotruk » Fri, 25. Jul 08, 13:47

I am basing my expectations upon the multiplayer suggestions thread a while back.

softweir
xr

Post by softweir » Fri, 25. Jul 08, 17:13

Demotruk wrote:I am basing my expectations upon the multiplayer suggestions thread a while back.
I question the immediacy of your expectation. Something like multi-user can take years to develop, and that suggestion thread was only a year or so ago. While I also took that thread as a sign of Egosoft's intent, I was thinking of a much longer timescale, certainly not the time between that thread and the expected release date for X3:TC.

I may be wrong - I often am! But I think, in this case, I am not.
My new fave game (while waiting for Rebirth) - Kerbal Space Program

Demotruk
x3tc

Post by Demotruk » Fri, 25. Jul 08, 23:15

softweir wrote:
Demotruk wrote:I am basing my expectations upon the multiplayer suggestions thread a while back.
I question the immediacy of your expectation. Something like multi-user can take years to develop, and that suggestion thread was only a year or so ago. While I also took that thread as a sign of Egosoft's intent, I was thinking of a much longer timescale, certainly not the time between that thread and the expected release date for X3:TC.

I may be wrong - I often am! But I think, in this case, I am not.
Yes. That's why I said I doubt it would be in X3:TC, and said I expect it in a future iteration.

softweir
xr

Post by softweir » Fri, 25. Jul 08, 23:26

So sorry, I misread your post. My oops. :oops:
My new fave game (while waiting for Rebirth) - Kerbal Space Program

Eloking
x3tc

Post by Eloking » Sat, 26. Jul 08, 10:25

Multiplayer not cost prohibitive?

I certainly agreed that building the multiplayer in a space sims game will certainly be quite a huge challenge (and may even not be possible until a year or two) but to goes as far than saying it's doesn't worth it?

No matter how many tread I read about the improvement people will love in the next X game, the multiplayer is, most of the time, at the top of the list. Why do you think there's still people playing Freelancer? If a sequel were to be announced it'll certainly be more popular than the first game.

Hard challenge? Certainly!
Doesn't worth it? I'm not so sure!

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Sat, 26. Jul 08, 10:49

Eloking wrote:No matter how many tread I read about the improvement people will love in the next X game, the multiplayer is, most of the time, at the top of the list.
You must have missed all the polls which suggested otherwise.

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Sat, 26. Jul 08, 20:25

Guys, guys, guys:

Solar System planets = sectors

Transorbital Accelerator: Not linked to a particular exit gate, so it delivers you to a (nearby?) planet/sector of your choice.

AjaxDude
x3tc

Post by AjaxDude » Sun, 27. Jul 08, 00:02

You have to remember that X3:TC has been in the making for nearly three years. They may well have developed multiplayer, though it doesn't seem like it. :(

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 27. Jul 08, 23:50

AjaxDude wrote:You have to remember that X3:TC has been in the making for nearly three years. They may well have developed multiplayer, though it doesn't seem like it. :(
what makes you think its been in the making for 3 years ?
i mean, X3 isn't even 3 years old yet

BigBANGtheory
x4

Re: Question about X3 Terran Conflict

Post by BigBANGtheory » Mon, 28. Jul 08, 08:49

b0bst3r wrote: I even got the wife playing Reunion :D
Your notoriety has increased :lol:

Psychoclops
x3tc

Post by Psychoclops » Mon, 28. Jul 08, 14:41

Cycrow wrote:
AjaxDude wrote:You have to remember that X3:TC has been in the making for nearly three years. They may well have developed multiplayer, though it doesn't seem like it. :(
what makes you think its been in the making for 3 years ?
i mean, X3 isn't even 3 years old yet
Its a well known fact that X3:TC was being developed before X3:Reunion! They just put out X3:Reunion first to keep us occupied while they carried on developing X3:TC :P

kaskhaar
x3

Post by kaskhaar » Mon, 28. Jul 08, 20:26

by the Gods i hope X3TCs system requirements are so high i have to dump my computer....nead a good excuse to upgrade it, and as of now, i dont have anny... :P

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”