:X3: Online Complex Calculator version 2.5.5

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Wed, 30. Jan 08, 12:46

Thanks for the extensive feedback. I probably have another 'concept' therefore another way of using your calculator: self-sufficient complexes are the exception. To boost/keep up the AI-economy my complexes use wares from AI-factories: either I get it with my ships or I let the NPC-freighters bring it in (prices set to 'attractive' levels).

For testing such 'not-profit-maximized complexes' your tool is excellent: all changes show immediate results. But of course, the ROI-calculation based on the price of end products is essential. In such complexes there are hardly ever some ressources or intermediate products left for selling it to the AI.

edit: oh, and btw :) would it be possible to adapt your tool to e.g. XTM ? The X-tended-version of the online calculator ? Not demanding, just asking.

If you don't know XTM: same economy, larger data-base and additional sizes like Crystal L fabs (Boron) and some 'exotic' shield- and weapon-fabs.
Benutzer in diesem Forum: Keine

supakillaii
xr

Post by supakillaii » Wed, 30. Jan 08, 15:17

About the Buy&Sell parts: Wich is wich. I mean wich is the price you sell to them and wich is they price they sell to you?

em3e3
x3tc

Post by em3e3 » Wed, 30. Jan 08, 17:02

@supakillaii - 'Buy' price is the price you pay for products from the NPC, 'Sell' is the price you sell to the 'NPC'

@zazie - the OCC should be accurate whether you have a self-sufficient complex (SSC) that just produces end products, an SSC that sells and buys intermediate wares, or a complex that buys needed resources and sells end products. The ROI calculation takes into account not only the price you sell the end products for, but also the cost of acquiring resources.

In your previous example, 5 Boron bPBE factories and 1 each BioGas L & BoFu L, buying energy at 12 and ore at 50, profit per hour from selling the bPBEs at average price is 790,774. Loss per hour is 213,000. Net profit is then 577,774 per hour. Let's assume you add a freighter for 500,000, and 6 complex construction kits. Total Complex Cost is 78,082,072. Divide that by net profit per hour, 577,774, and you get just over 135 hours, which is just over 5 1/2 days. This is assuming you don't sell anything but the end product. Is this not correct?

I think the 'Leak' is still causing confusion. Don't click it unless you want the calculator to figure in the profit and loss from trading 'intermediate resources'.
8^)

Online Complex Calculators - X3:TC • X3:R • X2
Online Ship Compurator - X3:TC

supakillaii
xr

Post by supakillaii » Wed, 30. Jan 08, 17:03

Ok, thanks for clearing that up

Zero Tolerance
xr

Opera doesn't work

Post by Zero Tolerance » Sun, 23. Mar 08, 08:15

Hello everybody.

Very nice this calculator.

However it doesn't work right with opera (V9.24 - XP 32bit pro).
It let's you fill in rows, but no output is given. (Under ware,...)

I like opera better dan IE or FF becasuse of 2 things:

- les (known) bugs (than IE, or FF)
- the abillity to save sets of tabs
- Is use this so I have a window with X3-tabs, and a window with nes-tabs, etc, etc.

Greetz, Zero T
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons. For thou art crunchy an taste good with ketchup.
Notice: My website is not always up and running - mostly during the day, but not always - will change soon.

em3e3
x3tc

Post by em3e3 » Wed, 9. Apr 08, 17:41

Sorry, been away for awhile (RL!). I plan on testing this with Opera, on both Mac & Windows platforms, fairly soon. I've never used Opera before, so I'm not sure where the problem lies just yet. Thanks for the feedback!
8^)

edammer
xr

Re: Opera doesn't work

Post by edammer » Wed, 9. Apr 08, 18:10

Zero Tolerance wrote:- the abillity to save sets of tabs
- Is use this so I have a window with X3-tabs, and a window with nes-tabs, etc, etc.
IE 7 now lets you do this BTW.

patient zero
x3tc

Post by patient zero » Tue, 6. May 08, 22:08

Thanks for the great tool. I put it on my favorites list.

Could you explain why you have a variable yield on the SPPs? How do you get 450% yield?
This is only a virtual reality.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Wed, 7. May 08, 07:05

That only applies in X2, where the yield depended on the sunlight in the sector. In X3 it doesn't (with the one exception of Loomanckstrat's Legacy, which has no sun at all).

em3e3
x3tc

Post by em3e3 » Fri, 9. May 08, 20:54

Ah yes, one of the things I need to remove. Thanks for the reminder!
8^)

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Fri, 9. May 08, 22:44

Hmm... here's a thought. Howabout "Theoretical transport capacity required per hour?" It wouldn't be much use in terms of planning how many freighters you actually need owing to differing distances between stations. But it would give you an idea of how much transport capacity complexes need relative to another complex.

em3e3
x3tc

Post by em3e3 » Fri, 9. May 08, 23:16

Sandalpocalypse wrote:Hmm... here's a thought. Howabout "Theoretical transport capacity required per hour?" It wouldn't be much use in terms of planning how many freighters you actually need owing to differing distances between stations. But it would give you an idea of how much transport capacity complexes need relative to another complex.
So would that be an actual number of units of cargo space needed, for only the goods bought and sold?
8^)

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Sat, 10. May 08, 00:08

Exactly.

The Rogue Trader
xr

Post by The Rogue Trader » Tue, 30. Sep 08, 22:01

Excellent piece of programming. Thank you.

em3e3
x3tc

Post by em3e3 » Tue, 30. Sep 08, 23:36

You're most welcome. I can't wait to update it for X3:TC, and start adding ship stats.
8^)

DeBaum

Post by DeBaum » Sat, 4. Oct 08, 20:24

this is an brilliant tool thank you.

but i´m german and i also have the german version of
X3 reuinon and i have a problem with the translations
e.g.: what means PSG in german???

if you can speak german can you please
translate the tool to german?
if you want i can help you...

Kitch
x3tc

Post by Kitch » Thu, 30. Oct 08, 14:34

Bookmarking this thread for when you get your X3:TC version going.

X3:R version is pretty sweet.

Great stuff :)

em3e3
x3tc

Post by em3e3 » Thu, 30. Oct 08, 17:42

@DeBaum - sorry I missed your post. I've PM'd you about translating, good idea! PSG = Phased Shockwave Generator, not sure of the German version (but I think it's SWG)

@Kitch - thanks, and the TC version is on it's way!
8^)

RBBOT

Post by RBBOT » Tue, 11. Nov 08, 01:19

Can I suggest an enhancement:

Add a button that when clicked redirects back to the same HTML page, but with the station list you have entered encoded into the URL query string. Then visitors can bookmark this version of the page to effectively "save" their complex.

Two changes are required:

1. Add script to encode the factory list and change window.location.href to the encoded URL when the button is clicked.

2. Add onload script to parse the query string from window.location.search and populate the factory list input boxes.

em3e3
x3tc

Post by em3e3 » Tue, 11. Nov 08, 04:38

I was thinking of doing something along those lines, but even encoding multiple 'saved' configurations into the browser cookie. I've been waiting on gathering info for the X3:TC release before updating the calculator. Check back here for more info!
8^)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”