Illegal goods list? X3

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Axeface
x4

Illegal goods list? X3

Post by Axeface » Fri, 22. Jun 07, 16:07

Hi there,

Im trying to do some policing in x3, but im not totally sure how I should handle certain criminals. For example, In argon space it is illegal to have a frieght scanner if your not police correct? However when I scan ships that have a frieght scanner they dont turn pirate, and I dont get a special comms command such as 'drop your illeghal frieght'.

So basically, could someone point me to a list of illegal goods, and also inform me in ways of knowing if I should shoot someone :)

Cheers

apogee
x3tc

Post by apogee » Fri, 22. Jun 07, 16:11

It's not illegal to have a freight scanner without a police licence, its only when you use it that you may upset someone.

Illegal goods aren't always illegal in different race sectors

Space weed (not sure if this is illegal in teladi space)
Argon whiskey (space fuel)
Slaves (not split space)
SOS from pirate bases.
Squash mines (IIRC)

If you have a license and scan a ship, if he has anything to hide he should turn red.
Last edited by apogee on Fri, 22. Jun 07, 16:17, edited 1 time in total.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Fri, 22. Jun 07, 16:17

Ah ha! I see, and I can back up your claim because I just attacked a teladi dragon mk1 that had a freight scanner in herrons nebula, after 4 seconds about 12 argon police showed up, and i lost rep with both argon and teladi.

Any idea if there is some kind of list out there?

Thanks for the reply!

PS: On a slighty side note, I have noticed that when you get someone to drop actual illegal goods, such as space fuel, they never stand down fighting, you can get them to drop it all and they will never stop fighting you. Seems strange to me. Maybe someone should make a fix script :)

Farlington
x2

Post by Farlington » Fri, 22. Jun 07, 16:32

Axeface wrote:Ah ha! I see, and I can back up your claim because I just attacked a teladi dragon mk1 that had a freight scanner in herrons nebula, after 4 seconds about 12 argon police showed up, and i lost rep with both argon and teladi.
Give em a uniform and they think their Hitler...

If you scan a ship (Assuming you have a licence for that sector) and the ship is carrying anything illegal, it will say "illegal" in brackets after the item or cargo. If it doesn't then they are permitted to carry everything in their hold and you are an evil pirate for attacking them.

Now hand yourself in to the nearest Argon police station and confess your crimes!

Edited out my mistake - but not before you replied. Doh!
Last edited by Farlington on Fri, 22. Jun 07, 16:37, edited 2 times in total.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Fri, 22. Jun 07, 16:34

But I didnt kill the teladi! :) Thanks for the help. Still no list? :)

ScorpiusX
x4

Post by ScorpiusX » Fri, 22. Jun 07, 17:50

When you scan someone even if they are carrying Illegal goods it doesn't mean they are pirates, watch out for their name to change in the target monitor, i.e. if the ship was an Argon Frozen Foods Mercury and it did turn out to be a pirate its name would change to Pirate Frozen Foods Mercury or something like that.

Something else to watch out for is that even if you are licensed, some pilots don't like you scanning them even if they are innocent and will turn red and attack you, DON'T attack them because you will get a reputation hit.

It does seem however, that the higher your reputation with the race who you're scanning, the lower the chance that an innocent may attack. Also scanning a Paranid in Argon space or a Split in Boron space or vice versa seems to increase the chance that an innocent may attack.

As for a list of Illegal wares:

Space Fuel (everywhere except Pirate sectors)
Spaceweed (not Illegal in Teladi or Pirate sectors)
Squash Mines (hmm not sure but I think they're Illegal everywhere but Pirate sectors)
Slaves and Spaceflies (not Illegal in Split and Pirate sectors)
System Overide Software (everywhere except Pirate sectors)

When you have scanned someone who has an Illegal ware on board then next to the wares name in brackets it will say Illegal, i.e Spacefuel [Illegal]. Makes it much easier to determine that way.

HTH ScorpiusX
ScorpiusX Corp company motto:

"We don't want to rule the Galaxy"
"We just want to own it!"

Farlington
x2

Post by Farlington » Fri, 22. Jun 07, 19:36

ScorpiusX wrote: i.e. if the ship was an Argon Frozen Foods Mercury and it did turn out to be a pirate its name would change to Pirate Frozen Foods Mercury or something like that.
HTH ScorpiusX
I forgot about that. When I did the "enemy of the state" start and was busy killing Boron in Family Whi, whenever I scanned a ship and got a decent (ie; illegal) cargo, they'd change to friendy (Since I was a pirate).

A question about rep. If an "innocent" changes to red and you attack, obviously you get the rep hit, but what if he attacks you first? Do you still get a rep hit?

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Fri, 22. Jun 07, 20:24

Of course you lose rep. This is as if you were caught by police forces, resist them/slaughter them and then claiming it was self-defense. The first to break the rules is always wrong.
Right on commander !

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Fri, 22. Jun 07, 20:31

You can generally comm them and apologise, if you want to avoid killing them.

Farlington
x2

Post by Farlington » Fri, 22. Jun 07, 20:42

Geek wrote:Of course you lose rep. This is as if you were caught by police forces, resist them/slaughter them and then claiming it was self-defense. The first to break the rules is always wrong.
I perhaps confused you because I mentioned being a pirate. Forget that part and start afresh.

OK, you have a licence and you scan a ship. This is legal so you have not committed any hostile act. The scanned ship turns red (But doesn't get renamed to pirate) and fires his aft turret at you. You respond with lethal force.

You said "the first to break the rules is always wrong". Since he fired on me first, he was the first to break the rules.

Do you get a hit on your rep?

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Fri, 22. Jun 07, 20:57

I have never seen an innocent ship turning red and attacking first if you have the relevant police license. Only pirates do this. If you do not have the license then you are breaking the rules first.
Right on commander !

Farlington
x2

Post by Farlington » Fri, 22. Jun 07, 21:39

Neither have I. I was going on a quote further up the thread...

"Something else to watch out for is that even if you are licensed, some pilots don't like you scanning them even if they are innocent and will turn red and attack you, DON'T attack them because you will get a reputation hit." (ScorpiusX)

nusscom
x3tc

Re: Illegal goods list? X3

Post by nusscom » Thu, 5. Mar 20, 15:11

Thanks, ScorpiusX. That System Override Software is the reason I keep getting attacked! I couldn't figure it out.
nusscom

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 5. Mar 20, 20:15

Thirteen year dead thread! :wink:
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Draikhyan
x4

Post by Draikhyan » Wed, 6. May 20, 12:51

Dead, but not forgotten.

<It is now. <locked> :wink: Alan Phipps>

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”