Am I missing something - remote ship management

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Samhorns
x3

Am I missing something - remote ship management

Post by Samhorns » Wed, 24. Dec 03, 22:19

FYI still fairly new at X2 so bare with me. I just bought my 4th ship for remote trading. As I fly around in my puny disco exploring I'm running my TL/TSs back and forth trading, trying to save up for my first factory. My question is am I missing something in regards to remotely managing my ships. I am presently having to tell each one where to dock, then I have to go trade with station, then poke through my best buy addons to find where to go sell and so forth. Is there an in game upgrade or menu to just tell your trading ships to buy at low and sell at high and to go about their biz? Once you have a factory I can see through the tutorial they do this just fine once you set the buy range and jumps. Am I stuck to what I'm doing presently babysitting each step of the trade process since I am just dealing with ships and have no factories yet? If so no biggy just means I'll forgo my next ship and instead go straight to getting a factory ASAP but I figured I would check with the pros and see if I'm being a dork and missing something.

The_Abyss
x3

Post by The_Abyss » Wed, 24. Dec 03, 22:21

Moving to Spoiler forum, but scripting may well help in this regard once it's found / documented :wink:
Strung out on Britain's high, hitting an all time low

Commander Jamieson
x2

Post by Commander Jamieson » Wed, 24. Dec 03, 22:24

Once you have your own station, you can assign your ships to them as their home base.

Once so done, your trading options will expand. Like what you see greyed out at the moment will be accessible. In other words, you will have more trading options available to you.

Cheers

Samhorns
x3

Post by Samhorns » Wed, 24. Dec 03, 22:28

Commander Jamieson wrote:Once you have your own station, you can assign your ships to them as their home base.

Once so done, your trading options will expand. Like what you see greyed out at the moment will be accessible. In other words, you will have more trading options available to you.

Cheers
Yes this part I understand through the tutorial thus my comment about seeing it works once you get a factory. I'm interested in anything more helpful in regards to just trading with ships with NO factories. But thanks for the effort ;)

Samhorns
x3

Post by Samhorns » Wed, 24. Dec 03, 22:29

The_Abyss wrote:Moving to Spoiler forum, but scripting may well help in this regard once it's found / documented :wink:
Understood sir, good call.
Now you mention the script editor, anyone have an ETA on that bugger yet or is it still 'once documentation is done'?

LawLessOne
x2

Post by LawLessOne » Wed, 24. Dec 03, 22:30

It is unfortunate but until your transports have a home factory to operate from they have to be told where to go and what to buy.

The_Abyss
x3

Post by The_Abyss » Wed, 24. Dec 03, 22:40

Samhorns wrote:
The_Abyss wrote:Moving to Spoiler forum, but scripting may well help in this regard once it's found / documented :wink:
Understood sir, good call.
Now you mention the script editor, anyone have an ETA on that bugger yet or is it still 'once documentation is done'?
AFAIK the latter, although it is still there in the game if anyone can find it. :)
Strung out on Britain's high, hitting an all time low

Slocket
x2

Post by Slocket » Thu, 25. Dec 03, 02:46

After the New Year! Everyone's on break for holidays. :?:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”