[X3] Spoiler FAQ

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

akeelah
x3tc

Post by akeelah » Tue, 15. Jul 08, 19:27

As ARO fleetingly mentioned, you missed one of the best freebies in the game:

Spoiler
Show
A Pirate Nova Raider is offered as one of the Pandora prizes. That and the Express Hauler are the only two ships offered via a Pandora message, as far as I know.

DeathVark
x3

Post by DeathVark » Wed, 16. Jul 08, 05:55

are there any specific sectors/stations you get those
Spoiler
Show
pandora BBS
? or it's just random?

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Wed, 16. Jul 08, 06:13

It's random. iirc, there are some specific areas the actual items can spawn, but the BBS messages can be anyplace.

In my last game I got bored of repeatedly getting messages for the same sector and just cheated to find the last couple :oops: .

DeathVark
x3

Post by DeathVark » Wed, 16. Jul 08, 06:22

thanx

iks3

Post by iks3 » Wed, 16. Jul 08, 12:56

akeelah wrote:As ARO fleetingly mentioned, you missed one of the best freebies in the game:
Pandora only forgot to put a 2-Mio.-Credits-Crate right beside the one of the best freebies in the game, to repair its almost destroyed hull.

DeathVark
x3

Re: [X3] Spoiler FAQ

Post by DeathVark » Thu, 17. Jul 08, 07:58

Gotcha! wrote:This post should answer all your questions regarding spoilers. If it doesn't, let me know please.
All coordinates have been checked by myself, so they cannot be wrong. Really, they can't. ;)

To easily reach a specific location in the sector order your ship to "Move to position" and use the numeric keypad to select the location. Use INS to flip the map; this way you can select the height.
Some of these goodies need the 2.0 update. Be sure to have it. It rocks.

Free ships:
Spoiler
Show
Starburst** ------- Freedoms Reach ---------- at 1, 36, 43 (straight above the gate)
** Doesn't seem to be there at the start of the game. I think I already had done the story line after I found it. ukdj78 lets me know that it was there after he won the race. (Perhaps one of the racers gave up and bailed ship? ^_^ )
It is there quite early - I just got it and I only have 1:00:17 on flying clock. I haven't done any plot, besides the very beginning shooting bit.
Vanilla 2.5 game.

Thanks a lot for the effort!!!

iks3

Post by iks3 » Thu, 17. Jul 08, 16:28

It is there from the start. But only since v2.

bigwilliestyle

Post by bigwilliestyle » Sun, 1. Feb 09, 03:17

ok newbie question but I don't see any numeric values coming up on my screen when i fly around in x3-reunion. Is there a patch i need?

As for Avarice: are you saying the bid is 615 thousand or 615 million.

supakillaii
xr

Post by supakillaii » Sun, 1. Feb 09, 08:23

It's 675 million Credits.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 1. Feb 09, 08:27

bigwilliestyle wrote:ok newbie question but I don't see any numeric values coming up on my screen when i fly around in x3-reunion. Is there a patch i need?
What numeric values are you talking about, exactly? If you mean coordinates, you only see those on the sector map, not on the screen while you're just flying around.

MadCatChiken
x4

Post by MadCatChiken » Sun, 6. Dec 09, 13:29

supakillaii wrote:It's 675 million Credits.
So i take it theres no point trying to get the sector unless you got like 700m credits in the bank?

Also for other nubs like me, don't bother trying to get the ship in Xenon 101, i went there in my Nova to get a fancy new ship.. and turned out the sector was full of Xenon caps and smaller ships.. and i died within a few seconds...

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Sun, 6. Dec 09, 18:00

Odds are you're going to need more than 700mil. The purchase of Avarice is on a bidding system that increases by 100mil each time you have to bid. Sometimes you get the sector on the first bid of 615mil, other times you're shelling out over 1bil. I found that having a stockpile of weapons from destroyed ships (esp. expensive weapons, i.e. GPPC's) can prove useful if you need a quick influx of credits to make the next bid.

Getting the abandoned ship in 101 isn't all that hard, use a fast ship that can carry M sized cargo and that has a JD and e-cells (a Disco works great for this). Locate ship, claim via spacesuit or SOS, transfer the JD/e-cells over, jump the new ship out, then fly to the gate to make your escape (you may have to sweep to the far left/right to draw the Xenon from being near the gate).

Aro
x4

Post by Aro » Mon, 7. Dec 09, 00:15

iirc there's another little secret regarding pandora...
Spoiler
Show
Change your player name to "bonus.package.top.secret" then save.
Load that game.
You will get messages for the pandora locations.
Can change your name back now.
Doesn't cause modified, last tested on 2.5 with the bonus package installed (think that's what it was).
[ external image ]
The end of a trilogy does not mean an end to a series.
| Vanilla with strawberries? [List of Vanilla safe mods.] | Tired of the plots? [Plot Skipper Tool v0.5] |
| X3: R & TC Minimaps |

Apocholypse
x3

Post by Apocholypse » Mon, 7. Dec 09, 17:27

XyDaN wrote:by the way can anyone explain me those parts that say cordinates of a sector? how can i find the right sector? ;)
Go with your feelings luke..

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Mon, 7. Dec 09, 19:10

Apocholypse wrote:
XyDaN wrote:by the way can anyone explain me those parts that say cordinates of a sector? how can i find the right sector? ;)
Go with your feelings luke..
I think he's figured it out by now, after all he's had over two years since he posted that question.

cheetah222222
x3tc

Post by cheetah222222 » Fri, 16. Dec 11, 00:14

This stuff still around in Prelude?

Atmosk

Post by Atmosk » Wed, 22. Feb 12, 17:06

Ive seen this before when im trying to look for info all your post says is nothing for me. I see spoiler top and bottom of every big black box. How is this helpful there's nothing here. Do i need to do something special to see this information

wRAR
x3tc

Post by wRAR » Wed, 22. Feb 12, 17:32

cheetah222222 wrote:This stuff still around in Prelude?
Ships, ware crates and upgrade crates are different and in different (and randomized) places but they still exist.
Atmosk wrote:Ive seen this before when im trying to look for info all your post says is nothing for me. I see spoiler top and bottom of every big black box. How is this helpful there's nothing here. Do i need to do something special to see this information
You need to select the hidden text with the mouse.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”