Ship size comparrision - A,B,P,X

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Player.
x3tc

Post by Player. » Sat, 10. Feb 07, 09:20

pjknibbs wrote:You know that's already been done, right? Somebody posted a link in an earlier post.
If you mean this then I only see capitol ships and M6 ships there, no fighters or any other classes, like TP and TS :roll:

Besides, its outdated, no ships from 2.0 are included :wink:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=183585 - X2 The Threat High Definition Mod - You know you wanna :)

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 10. Feb 07, 10:35

Yes, which is why I said that in response to your comment that you'll do capital ships too at some point...or didn't you read the bit of text I quoted?

Player.
x3tc

Post by Player. » Sat, 10. Feb 07, 10:36

pjknibbs wrote:Yes, which is why I said that in response to your comment that you'll do capital ships too at some point...or didn't you read the bit of text I quoted?
Yes I did, well Ill do capitol ships too but in a diffrent way :)
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=183585 - X2 The Threat High Definition Mod - You know you wanna :)

Akula87

Post by Akula87 » Sat, 10. Feb 07, 11:53

Your Hyperion is a Medusa... GREAT set-up though, I find it visually more appealing then the other dudes.

Player.
x3tc

Post by Player. » Sat, 10. Feb 07, 11:59

Your Hyperion is a Medusa
Right, thanks for noting, fixed 8)

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Sat, 10. Feb 07, 15:17

Very clear images, good stuff :).

But is there bump mapping present ?,
it's just that the Octopus/Mako/Barracuda look a bit flat,
the Nova looks like it might have bumping though.

Player.
x3tc

Post by Player. » Sat, 10. Feb 07, 18:53

The texures on these are the highest LOD so yes, guess it looks diffrent beacuse its not ingame :gruebel:

Xenon Fighters Added :)

dalin80
x3tc

Post by dalin80 » Sat, 10. Feb 07, 19:08

never realised before how cheap a modelling job the lx was, turn the l over a tad and mirror bingo new ship.
Pilot of the Purple Elephant

Klyith
x3

Post by Klyith » Mon, 12. Feb 07, 19:42

The great work continues!
A question: ships are to scale with the other ships in the same picture, but are they also to scale across pics? IE, if you stitched all of them together would the result still be true scale? It doesn't look like it, but I might be wrong.
Dave Toome wrote:But is there bump mapping present ?
It doesn't look like it to me either. The paranid nemmy definitely doesn't have it. I don't think the nova does either, it's just the style of texture combined with a high detail model.

The glow textures don't have any bloom either, so I think he's doing it with a modeling program.
dalin80 wrote:never realised before how cheap a modelling job the lx was, turn the l over a tad and mirror bingo new ship.
Cheap? That, my friend, is how modeling works in the game industry. Building every model up from scratch is way too much damn work. For a free "expansion", I'm pretty satisfied.

Arwan
x3

Post by Arwan » Thu, 7. Jun 07, 06:39

now i want to see the rest of the races.. they look sweet. keep up the good work.
"how do you manage to keep your ship so dirty pilot." X3 mission quote for TP.

bubbafett
x3

Post by bubbafett » Thu, 7. Jun 07, 07:04

Nice pictures, but they only show ship sizes in relation to each other. If you really want to show their size, include the spacesuit in the images.

Rumillion
x4

Post by Rumillion » Fri, 17. Aug 07, 16:31

nice job. Didn't think the mako was as big as the barracuda...

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 17. Aug 07, 19:05

Tenlar Scarflame wrote:I'd argue that the size of the Discoverer is due to the added fuel and engine space needed for it to go so fast.......
In the original two games, X-BTF and X-Tension, the different fighter 'classes' were explained to be older versus newer. I recall 'Betty' explaining how the new Elite was superseding the older Buster and even older Discoverer. The Elite, btw, was the predecessor to the Nova. And in scale, the X-T Disco was actually larger than the Elite. It's only since X2 that the ship classes have morphed into 'Light', 'Medium', and 'Heavy' fighters, although I think that some of Betty's descriptions still refer to the 'old vs new' categories.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

ThommoHawk
x4

Post by ThommoHawk » Sat, 18. Aug 07, 15:25

I first noticed something wierd about ship sizes when I docked an Eclipse and a Medusa at my new Yatch/Hyperion.....

the Eclipse is at least twice the size of the Medusa, yet has basically same storgage capacity - it looks like it should be able to have a cargo bay of at least 500 or something ...

Then when I docked an Orca at my PHQ which also had a Mammoth there, the Mammoth has the largest cargo space of all TL's yet it looks like a dwarf next to the Orca which has less space...

the scale of ships seem contradictory to their cargo capacity...

by the way, I really think the Eclipse is the ugliest ship in X3 - it looks like something baked in an oven which went wrong ... like a lumpy pasty or something (albiet a beutiful shiny, lumpy, ugly pasty...). :)
[XTrilogy]: Holy Argnu cows! I have found it! An asteroid of pure ore - 100% - I am rich! Now, I just need to find one like that made from silicon. hmmm, where do I want to go today?
X REBIRTH? "JUST A TOURIST until X4 IS RELEASED! Because That SUPERNOVA sure went FUBAR" (Quoting T.Hawk. Read all about it at: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=353678) :x3:

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 19. Aug 07, 07:44

That's the first time I've heard the Eclipse compared to a pastry--most people think it looks like some sort of insect. (Insect pastries...ewww...).

Capt_Newbie
x3tc

Post by Capt_Newbie » Thu, 3. Jan 08, 20:00

Wee typo with 'Centuar' :)

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Thu, 3. Jan 08, 20:09

Is it 'Bump Old Thread Week' or something?

Capt_Newbie
x3tc

Post by Capt_Newbie » Thu, 3. Jan 08, 20:38

Does that come before or after 'Jump in with know-it-all comment Week'?

There was a typo. I should say nothing?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 3. Jan 08, 20:45

In an ancient thread, yes. The forum rules do ask you not to bump old threads. The only reason I'm not going to lock this is because it contains interesting stuff, most of which is still relevant.

Kari91

Post by Kari91 » Thu, 3. Jan 08, 20:57

Thanks for the pictures, they are good! :wink:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”