X3 map v1.2 by Scorp (v1.2.3.9) Terran Conflict Edition !

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

I prefer ...

default map-color-scheme
66%
alternative map-color-scheme
34%

Total votes: 607

STL_fpagsc
x3tc

Post by STL_fpagsc » Wed, 17. Jan 07, 19:10

ScorpBY wrote:
STL_fpagsc wrote:What are Sectors 17-11 and 18-11 ?

How can I get there?
You can find the answer here
http://forum3.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php ... torder=asc
Thanks for the answer :)

I understood that I won't be able to jump there.

ScorpBY

Post by ScorpBY » Thu, 18. Jan 07, 01:00

r0nn13 wrote:One question or maybe a bug report, but when i search for 25MJ shields, it seems to find 125MJ too... when I search for 125MJ shields it only finds 125's...
Just press the button-catcher "Exactly" in the search window :)
ScorpBY wrote:If the button is raised (default) the search will be performed with patial names coincidence. If the button is lowered (default) the search will be performed with full names coincidence. It is useful when you need to find "Nova" but not "Nova Vanguard", "Nova Sentinel" or "Nova Raider".

ScorpBY

Post by ScorpBY » Sat, 27. Jan 07, 01:59

Update 4

1) Now you can select one of three available cursors ("3D-cursor", "Custom cursor" or "Default") in the Options menu (F2). Note: when the "Custom cursor" option is selected the cursor is loaded from the file cursor.ani, which is situated in the map directory. Therefore you can replace this file with the desired one and load your own cursor at the program startup. Animated and static cursors are supported.
2) Fixed jpeg-export bug for some maps larger then 21x17.
3) All selected options in the search window are highlighted now with the blue color.
4) No control-elements blinking in the search window any more.
5) Both main and bonus scripts are updated (small fix in the first one and ships array is corrected in the second).
6) "Readme_X3_map.doc" is updated.

Download link are updated cause of hosting problems.

ScorpBY

Post by ScorpBY » Sun, 28. Jan 07, 20:28

Update 4+

1) Asteroids summary is added to the short info about sector (short info appears when you hold Shift button over the sector).
2) You dont need to restat the program to load your own cursor.
3) Application code is optimized a little.

swJawa
x2

Post by swJawa » Mon, 29. Jan 07, 20:11

nice!
There are so many free ships :o

lplates007

Post by lplates007 » Tue, 30. Jan 07, 18:33

An odd bug which seems to have turned up..

I search for Alpha High Energy Plasma Thrower and the map highlights various sectors.
I search for Alpha High Energy Plasma Thrower + a MIN Quantity of 6 and the map highlights various sectors.

All good so far.....
For the next bit you should know there is nowhere currently in the galaxy stocking more than 6 AHEPTs.
I search Alpha High Energy Plasma Thrower + a MIN Quantity of 8 and the whole map highlights (ie as if it's just been loaded)

This incorrect highlighting happens for any search where the min quantity is more than any place stocks.

Other than that cracking piece of work and I always have it running when X3 is.
Only small moan I have currently is being forced to use full screen rather than be able to view it in a window and be able to resize - but this is personal preference.

ScorpBY

Post by ScorpBY » Tue, 30. Jan 07, 18:55

lplates007 wrote:An odd bug which seems to have turned up..

I search for Alpha High Energy Plasma Thrower and the map highlights various sectors.
I search for Alpha High Energy Plasma Thrower + a MIN Quantity of 6 and the map highlights various sectors.

All good so far.....
For the next bit you should know there is nowhere currently in the galaxy stocking more than 6 AHEPTs.
I search Alpha High Energy Plasma Thrower + a MIN Quantity of 8 and the whole map highlights (ie as if it's just been loaded)

This incorrect highlighting happens for any search where the min quantity is more than any place stocks.
You are mistaken. The map works correctly.
lplates007 wrote:(ie as if it's just been loaded)
They are not equal.
All founded sectors are marked with big yellow checkboxes in addition to color highlighting. So you`ve foung nothing in your last search.

lplates007

Post by lplates007 » Wed, 31. Jan 07, 18:38

Perhaps my perception of what should happen is different here.

If I search for a valid product and a minimum quantity of 99999999 (for this example) I expected the galaxy to be 'greyed' and no sectors highlighted with yellow ticks

What actually happens is all sectors return to their owner colour as if just loaded (no yellow highlighting with ticks)

Presumably this is a design feature which momentarily confused me.

ScorpBY

Post by ScorpBY » Thu, 1. Feb 07, 19:13

Update 4++

1) Now you can show or hide FPS (frames per second), current CPU usage (if you have several CPUs or multi-kernels CPU it will show simple mean on all units) and program version info via Options menu (F2).
2) Pretty easter egg is added into the program. You can find it by calling help window (F1) and double-clicking on it. All formulas are developed by me personally.
3) Fixed the crush after entering an empty value into numerical limiters in the search window.
4) "Readme_X3_map.doc" is updated.

swJawa
x2

Post by swJawa » Thu, 1. Feb 07, 19:42

I need one more thing 2d view of sector (like in game). Same as it's now, just being possible to change to 2d mode.. It'll be easier to orientate that way.

ScorpBY

Post by ScorpBY » Fri, 2. Feb 07, 01:51

Update 4+++

1) There are three new button on the sector`s map window. They are «3D», «XZ» and «XY». Those buttons allow you to view the sector`s map in 3D, in XZ perspective and in XY perspective agreeably. You can zoom the sector`s map in all enumerated views and rotate it automatically or manual in 3D-view.
2) "Readme_X3_map.doc" is updated.

swJawa
x2

Post by swJawa » Sun, 4. Feb 07, 20:47

cool, you listened to my wish.
Btw, what's that sector 18-11 and 17-11 (if it is something with Bala Gi, please put it in spoiler tags)

ScorpBY

Post by ScorpBY » Fri, 9. Feb 07, 23:59

Update 5

1) Now compatible with Windows Vista.
2) Icon has been changed for unknown sectors.
3) Mod-support is improved.
4) Fixed rare `Unable to locate the "Processor" performance object` issue.
5) "Readme_X3_map.doc" is updated because of `cpu usage` explanation.
Last edited by ScorpBY on Sat, 10. Feb 07, 18:04, edited 1 time in total.

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Sat, 10. Feb 07, 01:59

- when you are happy with all of the testing,
will you be making a comprehensive user guide, for us?

- it certainly sounds like an interesting mod/tool.. :wink:
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

Tenlar Scarflame
xr

Post by Tenlar Scarflame » Sat, 10. Feb 07, 02:32

Hey, this thing is pretty awesome.

Just imagine the awesomeness if the maps also displayed locations of rock fields, not just big roids! :D
Not saying a point for every little rock out there, but something to denote the presence of a rock field. For that matter, something to denote the presence of nebulas.

Also, I'd be much happier with a bigger window for the 3D map...

Sorry to throw a fistful of suggestions at you, but that happens when something piques my interest. Keep up the good work!! :D
My music - Von Neumann's Children - Lasers and Tactics

I'm on Twitch! 21:15 EST Sundays. Come watch me die a lot.

rlichtenberg68

Post by rlichtenberg68 » Sat, 10. Feb 07, 17:56

Do you have another place to download the REG file from? I'll need to edit a bunch as my installation if from Steam... All registry entries are under an Egosoft key...

Thanks!

ScorpBY

Post by ScorpBY » Sat, 10. Feb 07, 19:34

BugMeister wrote:will you be making a comprehensive user guide, for us?
I think the map is easy to understand. All required information is collected in F1-window and `Readme_X3_map.doc`. Also you can read about the main features of the rogram in the top post of the thread.
Tenlar Scarflame wrote:Just imagine the awesomeness if the maps also displayed locations of rock fields, not just big roids!
Not saying a point for every little rock out there, but something to denote the presence of a rock field. For that matter, something to denote the presence of nebulas.
If i`ll find appropriate way i`ll make it.
rlichtenberg68 wrote:Do you have another place to download the REG file from? I'll need to edit a bunch as my installation if from Steam...
Sure.

rlichtenberg68

Post by rlichtenberg68 » Mon, 12. Feb 07, 15:04

Actually, the link you posted earlier in the thread started working for me just after I sent the note... So I have the REG file now.

Thanks! Your program is invaluable!

-Rob

ScorpBY

Post by ScorpBY » Sun, 18. Feb 07, 19:15

Update 5+

1) Now you can change the size of the sector`s map using the grip on the lower right corner of the corresponding window.
2) New option "remember windows disposition" is available in F2 window. It also remembers the current size and zoom value for the sector`s map window.
3) New appearance of informations strings (FPS, CPU usage, map version and so on).
4) "Readme_X3_map.doc" is updated.

ScorpBY

Post by ScorpBY » Sat, 24. Feb 07, 02:24

Update 6

1) New alternative map-design scheme is created in addition to existing one.
You can choose between the default scheme and the alternative scheme in F2 (options) window.
2) Almost all objects icons are revised. They are looking much more stylish now.
3) "Remeber windows disposition" option also remembers the perspective for the sector`s map window.
4) A number of small improvements (font-type in 3 places; treeeview elements info updating while using keyboard to navigate through it; color edging in export maps, new gates color in the sector`s map window).
5) "Readme_X3_map.doc" is updated.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”