X3 map v1.2 by Scorp (v1.2.3.9) Terran Conflict Edition !

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

I prefer ...

default map-color-scheme
66%
alternative map-color-scheme
34%

Total votes: 607

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 31. Jul 12, 08:06

The X3AP folder is called "addon" and lies within the X3TC Steam folder.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

DrakenKin
x3tc

Post by DrakenKin » Tue, 31. Jul 12, 08:52

Ok i looked everywhere in that folder, including sub directories, and yes i have the bonus pack installed, but there is no text file that works with the software.

Is it possible to generate that file without installing a plugin or mod? I want to keep my game unmodified.

Solomon Short
x4

Post by Solomon Short » Tue, 31. Jul 12, 12:43

In the install folder for the Map program (I can't recall what the default folder name is, sorry) there is a "script" folder, which contains some scripts & a "t" folder.

If you copy the contents of the "t" folder to the "t" folder for your AP or TC install (using TC makes it available to both AFAICT), & the remaining contents of the scripts folder, barring the !setup.ace.register.hkey.search.xml file, to the relevant scripts folder, you should have made the script available without marking the game modified (leave the aforementioned script in, & it becomes modified however).

However, because you've left out the script that allows you to trigger the mapping script off a hotkey, generating a new map file becomes a little more complicated.

1st, you'll want to load the vanilla(-safe) savegame of which you wish to generate a map.

2nd, you'll need to change your playername to "Thereshallbewings", exactly (i.e. capital "T", & I recommend pausing on the 1st "l" to ensure the 2nd registers properly).

3rd, you'll need to load into the script-editor (Autopillock or Global commands, right down the bottom) load scripts screen.

4th, run ace.soft.search.objects (by highlighting it & hitting "r" usually), if prompted for inputs, just hit enter.

5th, once the script has run, reload your game without saving first.

You <My documents>\Egosoft\X3AP\ folder should now contain the log00001.txt file you want to point the mapping program at, containing the locations, stock contents, & ownership of every station & unowned ship in your game's universe at the instant you ran the game.

(Note: these instructions are from memory, I personally use a simpler process involving Cycrow's X Plugin Manager).

DrakenKin
x3tc

Post by DrakenKin » Wed, 1. Aug 12, 01:40

Ok followed your instructions to the letter, but stuck on step 4. I can't run the script because it is not in the list.

I copied T folder to T folder and Scripts to Scripts. Here is my TC folder location :

E:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\x3 terran conflict\addon\scripts

Ran the game with -safe, loaded a savegame, but there is no ace.soft.search.objects in the script list. (Got there from player -> advanced -> global command.)

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Wed, 1. Aug 12, 01:48

DrakenKin wrote: I copied T folder to T folder and Scripts to Scripts. Here is my TC folder location :
Did you copy the folders, or the files in the folders? ace.soft.search.objects.xml should be in E:\...\addon\scripts, not E:\...\addon\scripts\scripts (and similar for the t files).

DrakenKin
x3tc

Post by DrakenKin » Wed, 1. Aug 12, 01:53

Of course copied the content and not the folders themselves...

EDIT: I tried copying them to the terran conflict T/script folders. No change, i still don't see the scripts in game.
Last edited by DrakenKin on Wed, 1. Aug 12, 02:57, edited 1 time in total.

DrakenKin
x3tc

Post by DrakenKin » Wed, 1. Aug 12, 02:44

Is it possible that the scripts are not loading because we used -safe mode?

EDIT: Tried without safe mode, didn't help.

Solomon Short
x4

Post by Solomon Short » Wed, 1. Aug 12, 04:37

On the one hand, if the scripts are in the addon scripts folder (I was wrong about TC counting), they should be showing in the script editor, are you actually going all the way there? it's not the 1st list of scripts you see, it's the one you get to if you press enter on that screen without pressing anything else 1st.

On the other hand, it turns out the !setup script isn't as optional as I'd assumed, & if you change the filename, you also need to edit both instances of the filename inside the file to match (well, ok, maybe only the 2nd one, I couldn't be bothered checking) the new filename.

The reason you want to change the filename of the !setup script is that the "!" tells the game to load the script even if you haven't activated the script editor, automatically marking your game *modified*.

So once you've modified the !setup script so it doesn't autoload, once you go all the way into the script editor, the script you want to run is the one that used to be !setup.ace.register.hkey.search, then you need to adjust your controls, on the interface panel, so that Activate Search of Objects is on whatever hotkey you wish to use for this (I'd create a new control set, so you can just load it whenever you want to run it rather than having to do a new assignment each time), then use the hotkey, & reload the vanilla game.

For the record, I have just done All of this whilst composing this message, so the instructions are accurate, & I don't know how to make them any clearer (presumably this is my failing not yours).

DrakenKin
x3tc

Post by DrakenKin » Wed, 1. Aug 12, 09:10

>>>are you actually going all the way there?

Yes, you can't activate the first list and it is very short. I did go to the second list which is very long and can be selected / activated.

>> & if you change the filename

If I got this right, i need to remove the ! then modify the two references inside that same file. I will try this and report back.

I don't really get what you mean by "create a new control set", but i'll see if i can figure out it ingame.

DrakenKin
x3tc

Post by DrakenKin » Wed, 1. Aug 12, 11:09

*Sigh*

Still no luck. Followed all your instructions up to RUN THE SCRIPT. The script still doesn't show up on the list.

I renamed it to setup.ace.register.hkey.search.xml, changed the two references inside by removing ! too. Copied it into /scripts with all other files. Entered the game in -safe mode, changed the name of my character to Thereshallbewings.

PERSONAL -> ADVANCED -> GLOBAL COMMANDS -> SCRIPT EDITOR (FIRST LIST OF SCRIPTS APPEARS) -> SCRIPT EDITOR a second time (to reach the second list) -> scroll down to where all the scripts starting with setup are, and there is none called setup.ace.register.hkey.search...

Are you forgetting a step somewhere? Because i followed all instructions to the letter. I am definitely not forgetting anything on my side... Unless you're assuming i know something that i really don't.

DrakenKin
x3tc

Post by DrakenKin » Wed, 1. Aug 12, 11:28

Ok solved it, not sure exactly how but it was one of these steps :

1) Uninstalled the map, then Reinstalled it in administrator mode this time.

2) Ran steam, then the game both in administrator mode.

Now the script is showing up in the list, and i don't expect any other problems at this point.

EDIT: Yep it works fine now, i just compared the map from the text file and the ingame sectors and from what i can see everything is accurate.

Thanks a lot for taking time to go into detailed instructions Solomon, I really appreciate it. <3 :)

Solomon Short
x4

Post by Solomon Short » Wed, 1. Aug 12, 22:26

I'm glad you got it working, & I apologise if the problem was that I left I one or more steps out, which is unfortunately possible.

spoidz
x3tc

Anyone able to get this to run minimized or in a window?

Post by spoidz » Sun, 7. Oct 12, 18:03

I'm updating a wall size map in Excel and I am finishing the individual sectors with Shipyards/Docks/Trade and special stations.

Is there any way to get the program window to minimize? It doesn't seem top allow a window edge grab and there is no left-click ability to minimize like other windows active program windows.

I'm trying to get both excel and Scorp map on the same screen together.

Thanks

MajorYoshi
x3tc

Post by MajorYoshi » Sun, 13. Jan 13, 06:29

Hopping back into the X Universe after some time away, and wanted to get my favorite map app by Scorp. Looks like his site is down and the last cache of his page on Google is from Jan 4, 2013. His forum pages are up, but nothing from the main site (especially the download page).

Does anyone know of anyplace else to get the map? (Looking for the TC edition since I'm finally starting this rev).

If not, anyone know of a map app that's as stellar or close? Being able to search for wares, finding updated prices, nice to look at, easy to use, tied directly to my current game. Yeah, Scorp you did a fabulous job with your app.

Thanks all!
Wanted - Dead and/or Alive: Schrodinger's Cat

spoidz
x3tc

Post by spoidz » Sun, 13. Jan 13, 06:58

MajorYoshi,

I just tried this page, use the Main Link for the download, not the mirror, and it downloaded fine for me.

http://www.suu-design.com/downloads.html

Munger
x3tc

Post by Munger » Sat, 19. Jan 13, 14:51

I am currently using the XRM mod (with AP) in conjunction with Scorp's X3 Map tool. It seems to work fine except that the Terran sectors are in the wrong places on the map tool compared to where they are in game.

Is it possible to get the tool to rearrange the sectors so they accurately reflect the sector positions in XRM?

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Sun, 20. Jan 13, 04:07

No there is not. Technically they are in the correct spot as XRM (as well as vanilla) moves the Terran sectors 'above' the rest of the galaxy, whilst really they are jumbled around in the Commonwealth as you can see.
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

irjebiv
x3tc

This MAP program functional with XRM?

Post by irjebiv » Tue, 26. Feb 13, 03:17

Does this map program work with XRM?

I'm asking because when I query for Commodity Logistics Software MK2 it doesn't find it. Sitting as OTAS station in a fresh new start I can see this software for sell in game.

The reason it's important is I need to know if the info, prices and such is accurate or if I should disregard and just enjoy the cool map.

Thanks

irjebiv
x3tc

Post by irjebiv » Tue, 26. Feb 13, 03:50

Nevermind, I followed the installation instructions and it is perfect!

Kimdino

Post by Kimdino » Wed, 1. May 13, 18:44

My system is unable to open the setup file, I have extracted 'X3_map_Setup_EN.exe' from 'X3_map_Setup_EN.zip'. When I click on 'X3_map_Setup_EN.exe' KDE pops up a window asking which app I should use to open it with.

Is anyone able to provide ready prepared files I can just copy into my X3 directories?

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”