Factory Complex Calculator: StandAlone v2.0.4.5 18Jun07: now supports 'Ashley's Fabs'

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

chilipalmer
x3

Post by chilipalmer » Sun, 25. Feb 07, 18:44

does not seem to work with office excell 2007 or vista :(

exelsiar
x3tc

Post by exelsiar » Sun, 25. Feb 07, 18:53

euclid wrote:
exelsiar wrote: ......i've got XXL fact's for Space Weed, Space Fuel, Squash mines, and all the other facts that make it pure profit, without the Ashley upgrades your doing, its more or less just a list of stations ......
In the meantime you could use the in-game Complex Production Cost script. It gives an upper bound for the production costs.

Cheers Euclid
thanks.. i think, i didnt quite fully understand what it does, but it sounds usefull, and since i'm going home soonish i should be able to check it out, thanks.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 25. Feb 07, 19:17

IMO estimation of XXL is trivial, since it is just 10 times the M. Only the CCK count and station kit purchase price are incorrect/unknown. For me the real value of the tool is in the simulation and there the main question is quality, not quantity, ie will the complex run out of resources or not? (Still running 1.0.0.7.)

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Sun, 25. Feb 07, 20:19

Why still running 1.0.0.7 ? , the 2.0.0.2 simulation is significantly closer to X3.
Was there a major error somewhere in 2.0.02?

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 25. Feb 07, 22:34

:oops: I thought I was just lazy and hadn't loaded the very latest version. Turned out I just used the binary I had in folder I did remember. I apparently had installed a more recent version (last December) but had forgotten it is in different location. Old versions now removed and 2.0.0.2 certainly in use. Old habits and long pauses between use ...
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Sun, 25. Feb 07, 23:43

He he,
did the same thing myself with the last version of ScorpBY's map,
downloaded but forgot to install. :shock:

chilipalmer
x3

Post by chilipalmer » Tue, 27. Feb 07, 19:27

ok then if i install this util all goes fine i fire it up and am presented with main page with little drop down tabs if i select a race, next all the drop down tabs dissapear and i am not able to select anything else., nothing else i can say.

however what is more bizzare is that the minimal install version seems to be running fine but the full one will not :(

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Tue, 27. Feb 07, 20:15

exelsiar wrote:
euclid wrote:
exelsiar wrote: ......i've got XXL fact's for Space Weed, Space Fuel, Squash mines, and all the other facts that make it pure profit, without the Ashley upgrades your doing, its more or less just a list of stations ......
In the meantime you could use the in-game Complex Production Cost script. It gives an upper bound for the production costs.

Cheers Euclid
thanks.. i think, i didnt quite fully understand what it does, but it sounds usefull, and since i'm going home soonish i should be able to check it out, thanks.
For each product it takes the set resource price to caculate the production costs. It will not check whether the resource is produced, too.

Essentially it does the same thing as the production costs you see in square brackets in any of your stations (not complexes!).

Cheers Euclid

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Tue, 27. Feb 07, 21:26

chilipalmer wrote:ok then if i install this util all goes fine i fire it up and am presented with main page with little drop down tabs if i select a race, next all the drop down tabs dissapear and i am not able to select anything else., nothing else i can say.

however what is more bizzare is that the minimal install version seems to be running fine but the full one will not :(
Hmmm.... interesting.

Not seen that, but then I'm not running Vista (yet...6 months for SP2?)

The only difference between full & minimal is the help doc size, and the dlls.
The functionality is exactly the same.

Now if you've installed minimal to a different location to full, then
full is using the immediately local dlls I supplied, whereas minimal
I guess will be using Vista's system dlls of the same name
ie MFC71.dll and msvcr71.dll.

If you've installed to different place, you could do me a favour &
compare these files ie the Windows\system32 ones with those in
the full install directory.
If in explorer you right-click on the dll, then click the properties tab,
you should should see the version number,
I'd be interested to know if they are different, the ones I supplied (MS actuallly) have
7.10.3077.0 for MFC71.dll
7.10.3052.4 for msvcr71.dll

If they are differerent I'll add a 'Vista User' note in the OP of this thread,
to say they should only install the minimal version.

chilipalmer
x3

Post by chilipalmer » Wed, 28. Feb 07, 12:20

in all honesty i just installed the minimal version to the default location the dll versions are the same as you have posted above
am gonna attach a couple of screen's for you too see as it has just done it again.

1st pic is app open
[ external image ]

2nd on is select race
[ external image ]

3rd pic is result of selecting race
[ external image ]

4th pic is version
[ external image ]

5th pic is dll info
[ external image ]

hope these help

at this moment the minimal is running fine

chilipalmer
x3

Post by chilipalmer » Wed, 28. Feb 07, 14:58

minimal is doing the same :(

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Wed, 28. Feb 07, 20:12

What a lot of pictures :)

Am I right with these statements :

1 You have installed both full & minimal to the same place,
ie there is only one FactoryComplexCalculatorX3.exe on your disk,

2 Windows\system32 does not contain those dlls, so the program
can only be using the dlls in the same directory as the program

If this is correct, then in theory you should only seeing one 'behaviour'
of the program.

So the fact that you are seeing it lose the list-buttons sometimes &
not others is for an, as yet, unknown reason, that may or may not be to do
with Vista.

So a couple of Qs:
If you run the prog. a few times in succession, does it sometimes
have missing list-buttons & sometimes not?
If when you see them go missing you minimize the prog. then
restore it do the button re-show?

btw when taking screenshots you can press Alt-PrintScreen to
get a smaller, more relevent, image of just the window of the active app.

Also, not a biggie, but you might want to post that many images as links (ie [url] tag),
rather than using the [img] tag.

chilipalmer
x3

Post by chilipalmer » Wed, 28. Feb 07, 20:28

@ dave toome

Q1 i installed full and it did this above, i delete/uninstalled and installed minimal deffo only one version on pc.

Q2 windows/system32 has both of those 2 dlls in it where as the default install location of the prog has no dll files

link to program dir view
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v62/e ... /dll-1.jpg

link to windows system32 dir picture
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v62/e ... /win32.jpg

So a couple of Qs:
If you run the prog. a few times in succession, does it sometimes
have missing list-buttons & sometimes not?
If when you see them go missing you minimize the prog. then
restore it do the button re-show?
minimize then restore does not bring the tabs back at all

points on pics noted, also thanks for the alt printscreen tip did'nt know about that one.

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Wed, 28. Feb 07, 20:44

That was quick.

So the dlls in your system dir must have been installed by some
other program (or maybe you copied them in youself at some point).

So this must be a purely Vista phenomenon (da daaa ... de da da),

hummm, don't know where to go from here -
I definately ain't buying Vista yet, don't even know of any PC's at work
with it, to test it on.

Anybody else using the prog on Vista?, or anybody having the same prob
under XP?

One thing that does occur to me is the system resource usage, but
even that number of buttons is nothing (in GDI object count) compared
to what IExplorer uses when looking at this forum.

I'll mull it over & see if inspiration occurs...

chilipalmer
x3

Post by chilipalmer » Wed, 28. Feb 07, 22:10

dll's were not put there by myself, and i moved them to the prog dir and it still done the same :(
it is very random i can start the prog and it will work fine, close it and open it again and its a no go.

as for vista, this is the only bit of software that has not run for me and belive me i have loads of stuff to play with ;)
as for the resources i only have 1 gig of matched dual channel ram and it copes easily with everything i do, and x3 runs sweet as.

at the minute i am trying out the compatability modes and it has run 3 times on the trot without probs.
is there anyway to make the opening screen default to a smaller size ?

crashed again

The Shadow Wolf
x3

Post by The Shadow Wolf » Sun, 4. Mar 07, 17:26

Am I doing something wrong here.

I've got three Soyfarms in Sacred Relic all operational and buying Ecells for 12 and selling soja for 41.

I add into the complex a SPP M and run a sim and somehow I get a efficiency of 1661.77%.

How is this possible?
Afraid! You don't know the meaning of the word!!!

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Sun, 4. Mar 07, 19:35

:rofl:

This is actually a good example of the difference between 'static' and 'simulated' profit calculation.

The % efficiency thing is really a relatively unimportant figure in the sheet,
it's really just a 'headline figure' guide, it's equal to 100 times (profit / max-profit).

True efficiency of 100% can only be obtained if your complex settings give 'max-profit' :
ie where you sell all your complex's products at max-price & buy all resources at min-price (neither of which is practical).
The max-profit for your complex is 6688 credits / hr.

With your complex, you currently have a large cost (ie you're having to buy-in crystals at 1685 = average price),
and the 'potentials' part of the calc shows you're expected to make a loss of around -28K / hr
So 'Potential' (static view) efficiency = -28507 / 6688 = -426%

However the 'static' view doesn't see the real dynamics,
especially the fact that your ecells will hit max stock in about only 3 hours, since you have over 3 times the
ecell production capacity you need, so ecell production drops off dramatically - & you have to buy-in far less crystals.
After this point you're actually making a profit of around 111K / hr, so after 1000 hours simulation,
the initial losses are ancient history and the last 'simulated' efficiency is 111206 / 6688 = 1662.77%

It's enough to make the company accountant weep with joy, you've just met your targets for the next 10 years :D

I'm going to remove the efficiency figure from the next version, cos it just adds confusion
& doesn't really mean much, since 100% is not realistic & it just adds a 'what have I done wrong' factor .. obviously :).

btw if you're supplying crystals to your complex from another of your
own factories then you'd want to set crystal price to zero,
but unfortunately you won't be able to do that until the next version -
currently the prog only allow a min to max ware price range, zero
will be reset to min-price.

....well you did ask :roll:

Speaking of next versions, it's taking longer than I thought to get Ashley's Fabs put it,
one thing I had was a complete system re-intall after the hard disk crapped out & lost my
registry (& backup :( ), the other thing is I'm having to hard-code the figures
cos there's some trends in the numbers I can't seem to work out the formulaes for.

Assuming I don't go cross-eyed first looking at factory figures,
probably next weekend then....

LynkDead
x3tc

Post by LynkDead » Sun, 4. Mar 07, 21:45

I'm having the exact same problem as chilipalmer. I originally installed the full version, and after having the same issue (drop-down buttons disappearing after choosing a race) I tried uninstalling the full version, then downloading the minimal. The exact same problem still happens.

I ran this without issue back on XP, but since I upgraded I haven't been able to get it to work.

EDIT: I have found a "fix" (not really though). If you manually type in the entries, then the drop-down buttons remain...definitely not a worthwhile fix, but it does work. Also, even after the drop-down buttons have vanished, you can continue to manually enter things and get it to work.

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Sun, 4. Mar 07, 22:06

Maybe an iterim fix would be an 'autofill', ie as you start to type
the first time you reach a unique-identifiable text entry, it fills in the rest,
Still not good but I can't fix this until I get a Vista of my own.

......waits for MS to offer a free copy

..... oh well

LynkDead
x3tc

Post by LynkDead » Sun, 4. Mar 07, 22:11

Autofill would work nicely, if it isn't too much work. The only hard parts about entering it manually are remembering the exact spellings of stations and remembering what factions sell what stations.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”