NEWS UPDATE: X³ 2.0: Bala Gi Research Missions [updated Nov 7th]

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Wed, 8. Nov 06, 02:43

That was fixed in the last patch. The factory spawns somewhere else though, so you'll have to track down it's new location.
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

Mazer
x3

Post by Mazer » Wed, 8. Nov 06, 02:53

did i miss something or are there no new Boron ships in the 2.0 update? i read the origional post and did not see anything about any new Boron ships.
You know you have had enough when you dock at a pirate base and toss a couple bucks at the monitor...

Mazer

Husar
x3

Post by Husar » Wed, 8. Nov 06, 04:05

I didn't read anything about a new Boron ship either. Weird especially since "Bala Gi" is a boron name. You'd think they would help out their own race.

While I'm at it, may as well say I am really looking forward to the Player Headquarters. The ability to produce my own ships, coupled with my overly dramatic ambitions for systematically wiping out the Paranid, Split, and *part* of the Teladi, will bring them to their knees! Mwhahahahahah :twisted:
If one gun is enough to blow it up, take five anyways.

strude
x4

Post by strude » Wed, 8. Nov 06, 05:56

The first post says to get the latest version of the bonus pack material. Is that the stuff available now or will an updated version arrive to coincide with the update? I am currently having a break from X3 so I don't have the bonus pack as yet. Can I download it now ready for the update?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 8. Nov 06, 06:23

Husar wrote:Weird especially since "Bala Gi" is a boron name.
Actually, Bala Gi is the name of one of programmers at Egosoft ;)

but there is no new boron ships

x2newbie1
x3

Re: NEWS UPDATE: X³ 2.0: Bala Gi Research Missions [updated Nov 7th]

Post by x2newbie1 » Wed, 8. Nov 06, 09:45

CBJ wrote: If you had dreams of Avarice but didn't have the cash, then there may be another chance for you with the 2.0 update.
Ok, what's an Avarice? Is this something we had in the normal 1.4 game? I don't recall ever seeing this, though it's been over a half year since I last played X3 so I may have simply forgotten.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 8. Nov 06, 09:49

Are we going to have the same questions on every page of this thread? :roll:

Wurtzel
x4

Post by Wurtzel » Wed, 8. Nov 06, 09:52

x2newbie1 wrote:
CBJ wrote: If you had dreams of Avarice but didn't have the cash, then there may be another chance for you with the 2.0 update.
Ok, what's an Avarice? Is this something we had in the normal 1.4 game? I don't recall ever seeing this, though it's been over a half year since I last played X3 so I may have simply forgotten.
The answer is right on the main page, all you had to do was look or search...
I THINK, SO THEREFORE I AM

Wurtzel
x4

Post by Wurtzel » Wed, 8. Nov 06, 09:55

Lol, CBJ you must have been typing at the same time I was.... How's the Alice??
I THINK, SO THEREFORE I AM

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Wed, 8. Nov 06, 10:07

The reason there are no new Boron ships is because their not interested in stomping the living crap out of everybody. They let the Argons do it for them.

Thus, they didn't make a new ship for themselves. :D
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

x2newbie1
x3

Post by x2newbie1 » Wed, 8. Nov 06, 10:08

x2newbie1 wrote:Ok, what's an Avarice? Is this something we had in the normal 1.4 game? I don't recall ever seeing this, though it's been over a half year since I last played X3 so I may have simply forgotten.
I found it. Looks like it's a claimable sector.

In case anyone is interested in more info on this, there's a thread here :
http://forum2.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=159343

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 8. Nov 06, 10:17

Thanks. Nice spoiler for anyone who didn't want to know. :roll:

x2newbie1
x3

Post by x2newbie1 » Wed, 8. Nov 06, 10:21

CBJ wrote:Thanks. Nice spoiler for anyone who didn't want to know. :roll:
Was that directed to me or Jake?? The info I posted is down near the bottom of your initial post, so it's not spoiler info. I can always add spoilers if you like, but it wouldn't do much good unless you put spoilers on your own post.

You wrote this in your initial post :
"The auction for the sector Avarice has been re-balanced and will restart for those who missed their chance to claim that sector"

Lemme know if you want me to put spoilers on.
Last edited by x2newbie1 on Wed, 8. Nov 06, 10:26, edited 1 time in total.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 8. Nov 06, 10:25

It was directed at you, following on from the replies to the last couple of times this exact same question was asked. There is little point in adding spoilers now.

x2newbie1
x3

Post by x2newbie1 » Wed, 8. Nov 06, 10:29

CBJ wrote:It was directed at you, following on from the replies to the last couple of times this exact same question was asked. There is little point in adding spoilers now.
Ok. But in case you're not aware, there's no spoilers around your original post either (I quoted it above). That's why it never occured to me to put spoilers on mine.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 8. Nov 06, 10:44

So I see. That is additional text that was added by someone else after I posted the original announcement. I guess you are in the clear then.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 8. Nov 06, 11:11

CBJ wrote:That is additional text that was added by someone else after I posted the original announcement.
That is a bit spooky. Usually messages get a *modified* tag when somebody edits them. The OP does not. :o Somehow, a name "BurnIt!" comes to mind. How odd, the same name I've seen in the game too. Somewhere in the middle. :wink:

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 8. Nov 06, 11:18

You only get a "modified" tag if you edit the post yourself. If a moderator or admin edits it for you then there is no tag. I know who edited it, I just didn't notice that they had included that line.

g04tn4d0
x4

Post by g04tn4d0 » Wed, 8. Nov 06, 20:16

Blah, blah, blah... Anyway... can't wait for the update!! YAY!!

Go EgoSoft!!

Vitez
xr

Post by Vitez » Wed, 8. Nov 06, 20:35

"Input menus have no more restrictions regarding their supported character set. This means special characters like ü, ä, ö or also Cyrillic letters can now be used for names"

Will you also get special characters like á, é, ű, ő, ú, ó?
I don't hate Steam.
I don't love Steam.
I use it.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”