NEWS: X³ 2.0: Bala Gi Research Missions - download now!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Admiral-Dyroi
x4

Post by Admiral-Dyroi » Sat, 24. Feb 07, 03:56

Ok for a proper first starting factory you need...

Bliss Place M 1.58mill(Seizwell)
Dream Farm L 818k(Seizwell)
Complex construction kit 300k (Seizwell)

Read spoiler for best location.
Spoiler
Show
The best place for any factories is the unknown sector in between Montalaar&New Income you have Argon Boron and Teladi within 3 jumps making you a prime dealer in the universe.

Shuttenbach
x4

Post by Shuttenbach » Sun, 25. Feb 07, 10:05

Hello.

As i can see, one of the "Bala Gi Missions" requirements is to own a station and several millions of credits. As i understand, only extra large transports (like Mammoth) can buy and carry stations, and these transport ships cost around 30 million. Am i missing something or it is really not possible to build your first station until you earn enough to buy TL-class ship?

Thanks in advance.

X2-Eliah
x4

Post by X2-Eliah » Sun, 25. Feb 07, 10:13

YOu can hire a TL aswell. just find one roaming the universe, comm it, contact captain, ask it to transport smthng., then ask it to move to shipyard, wait till it docks, dock yourself, buy station, load it in the TL, comm it again, ask captain to follow you, move to where you want your station, wait till TL comes, comm it again, ask capt. to drop freight, a sector map appears, select the position of your station with nupad keys 1 thru 9 except 5, press enter. done.

Shuttenbach
x4

Post by Shuttenbach » Sun, 25. Feb 07, 13:15

Thanks, looks like it works :)

MoonHeadJohn
x3

Post by MoonHeadJohn » Wed, 28. Feb 07, 12:36

X2-Eliah wrote:YOu can hire a TL aswell. just find one roaming the universe, comm it, contact captain, ask it to transport smthng., then ask it to move to shipyard, wait till it docks, dock yourself, buy station, load it in the TL, comm it again, ask captain to follow you, move to where you want your station, wait till TL comes, comm it again, ask capt. to drop freight, a sector map appears, select the position of your station with nupad keys 1 thru 9 except 5, press enter. done.

Why can't you use 5?
SNAKES ON A PLANE FTW!!!!

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 28. Feb 07, 12:46

Er, because 5 is the middle key on the NumPad and doesn't do anything.

B-O'F
x3tc

Post by B-O'F » Wed, 28. Feb 07, 13:42

Hi,

I believe that NumPad 5 centres the station to the nearest object - but it has been a while since I checked...

Boron - Ol Fh'art
Public Service announcement

Growing old is not a disease - it is a delayed symptom of birth trauma.

Flybye
x3tc

Post by Flybye » Mon, 5. Mar 07, 18:59

Question about towing a particular vehicle...

Spoiler
Show
How are you supposed to get the yacht back to the shipyard?
If I tractor beamed it, it gets stuck on the other side of the gate and doesn't come through.

I forgot I had the ship claim software installed, and was able to simply force it to dock itself, but I still want to know how you would make it follow you through a gate if you tractor beamed it.

BlackRazor
x4

Post by BlackRazor » Mon, 5. Mar 07, 19:44

Spoiler
Show
AFAIK you use the tractor beam and yes, it takes a lot of time for the yacht to arrive on the other side of the gate so be patient and use seta :D
"For the love of the Fish-Queen!"

Flybye
x3tc

Post by Flybye » Tue, 6. Mar 07, 04:13

Ok another question about a request Bala made....
Spoiler
Show
They wanted a trading station. They were not specific of where they wanted it, and so I assumed they wanted it in Kingdom End.

Is this where it is supposed to go?
I placed it there and I didn't receive any type of message from them.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Tue, 6. Mar 07, 08:23

Spoiler
Show
You're not supposed to PLACE the station, you're supposed to take it to the shipyard.

BlackRazor
x4

Post by BlackRazor » Tue, 6. Mar 07, 09:32

Also notice that if you have problem with the new missions there's a walkthrough to help you :D
"For the love of the Fish-Queen!"

Flybye
x3tc

Post by Flybye » Tue, 6. Mar 07, 14:18

Nice walk through. :)

I never would have thought of actually having to have it dock there. Sometimes I wish they were a tad bit more specific. LOL I figured, ok, you want this thing....gotta find some empty space for it :)

Well, it seems like I'm almost done :)

The Holy Blue Council

Post by The Holy Blue Council » Thu, 8. Mar 07, 22:44

:lol:
+ Birth Friendship Love Family Wisdom Truth Death +

Order of The Royal Dark Houses
of the Ancient & Accepted
Holy Blue Council of Athos

MoonHeadJohn
x3

Post by MoonHeadJohn » Fri, 9. Mar 07, 15:59

Does anyone know the best place to put your HQ?

I have no idea what exactly it will be needing in terms of resources but I do know it will need some good protection.

Could someone please link me to a topic which gives advice or recomend a sector to put it in.

Allan F
x3ap

Post by Allan F » Fri, 9. Mar 07, 16:39

It doesn't need that much protection - unless you place it in a sector where you get a Xenon invasion mission. Mine's been up for weeks, and haven't been attacked yet.

I placed mine in Family Tkr. Why? There's an EQ dock there, and Tkr's Deprivation with lots of resources next door.
Maverick: Requesting permission for flyby.
Air Boss Johnson: That's a negative ghostrider, the pattern is full.
Goose: No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.
Maverick: Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz a Split.
Split: Split now give you .... Aaaarrriiiigh.

MoonHeadJohn
x3

Post by MoonHeadJohn » Fri, 9. Mar 07, 16:45

I want to place mine in the best possible spot to avoid regreting it later

Modination
x3

Post by Modination » Sun, 11. Mar 07, 16:34

Its wonderful to see additional content being released for such an awsome, ridiculously in-depth game that surpasses simulation and boarders Space Empire Warlord Training game. And! With my new computer, I can finally play with settings better than bare minimum! Pretty space ships here I come,

WillWilk
x3ap

Post by WillWilk » Mon, 12. Mar 07, 03:43

MoonHeadJohn wrote:I want to place mine in the best possible spot to avoid regreting it later
I depends on how you'll use it - I put mine in Preisdent's end - close to a few EQ docks, but moe importantly to me, close to the Goner temple for easy equiping of Jumpdrives and Transporter devices. There are several other good sectors though....

Will

Targoid-1
x3tc

I'm in big trouble :(

Post by Targoid-1 » Mon, 19. Mar 07, 22:37

I played the first parts of the missions inmediately after I obtained the mission. But now I encounter a very unexpected problem: I need to continue in a sector that just has been invaded by the Khaak...
Spoiler
Show
I need to go to the powerplant in Grand Exchange where I am told to protect an incomming ship. But... The Powerplant is under attack by a Khaak squardron, and the Khaak Carrier keeps blocking the way. I managed to get into the station and got the order to protect the ship. I jumped back to the westgate, but I can't protect it against all those Khaak...

So I reloaded the previous game and spent all my money to buy 5 Nova Raiders and got back. This time I could do the mission but all the Nova's got lost. When I continued the next sector was full of hostile Pirates and I had to retreat... I know how the mission continues and I can't imagine its possible to pull a ship back through all those hostile sectors... If I even can get there at all
Should I reload and take **much** time to get stronger? Will the object of my mission still be there or would it be destroyed? Can I continue and is there a way to make it (back) through all hostellities? Will the 'reward' still be there if I take my time to get stronger?

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”