NEWS: X³ 2.0: Bala Gi Research Missions - download now!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Allan F
x3ap

Post by Allan F » Fri, 9. Mar 07, 16:39

It doesn't need that much protection - unless you place it in a sector where you get a Xenon invasion mission. Mine's been up for weeks, and haven't been attacked yet.

I placed mine in Family Tkr. Why? There's an EQ dock there, and Tkr's Deprivation with lots of resources next door.
Maverick: Requesting permission for flyby.
Air Boss Johnson: That's a negative ghostrider, the pattern is full.
Goose: No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.
Maverick: Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz a Split.
Split: Split now give you .... Aaaarrriiiigh.

MoonHeadJohn
x3

Post by MoonHeadJohn » Fri, 9. Mar 07, 16:45

I want to place mine in the best possible spot to avoid regreting it later
SNAKES ON A PLANE FTW!!!!

Modination
x3

Post by Modination » Sun, 11. Mar 07, 16:34

Its wonderful to see additional content being released for such an awsome, ridiculously in-depth game that surpasses simulation and boarders Space Empire Warlord Training game. And! With my new computer, I can finally play with settings better than bare minimum! Pretty space ships here I come,

WillWilk
x3ap

Post by WillWilk » Mon, 12. Mar 07, 03:43

MoonHeadJohn wrote:I want to place mine in the best possible spot to avoid regreting it later
I depends on how you'll use it - I put mine in Preisdent's end - close to a few EQ docks, but moe importantly to me, close to the Goner temple for easy equiping of Jumpdrives and Transporter devices. There are several other good sectors though....

Will

Targoid-1
x3tc

I'm in big trouble :(

Post by Targoid-1 » Mon, 19. Mar 07, 22:37

I played the first parts of the missions inmediately after I obtained the mission. But now I encounter a very unexpected problem: I need to continue in a sector that just has been invaded by the Khaak...
Spoiler
Show
I need to go to the powerplant in Grand Exchange where I am told to protect an incomming ship. But... The Powerplant is under attack by a Khaak squardron, and the Khaak Carrier keeps blocking the way. I managed to get into the station and got the order to protect the ship. I jumped back to the westgate, but I can't protect it against all those Khaak...

So I reloaded the previous game and spent all my money to buy 5 Nova Raiders and got back. This time I could do the mission but all the Nova's got lost. When I continued the next sector was full of hostile Pirates and I had to retreat... I know how the mission continues and I can't imagine its possible to pull a ship back through all those hostile sectors... If I even can get there at all
Should I reload and take **much** time to get stronger? Will the object of my mission still be there or would it be destroyed? Can I continue and is there a way to make it (back) through all hostellities? Will the 'reward' still be there if I take my time to get stronger?

BaronDeKalb
x4

Post by BaronDeKalb » Sat, 24. Mar 07, 12:44

I just have to say this game is just incrediable after this patch.

Combined with the great community x3 is now a perfet 10 and really

should be re-evaulated by the mags and sites that gave it a less than

shineing review in its early release. Egosoft has stood behind it's product

like very few game companies in history and deserves a huge Thank You,

and job well done. X3 has matured into a best of all time title imo.

So thank you Egosoft and take a bow, because you earned it....

the Baron...

:wink:

Targoid-1
x3tc

Post by Targoid-1 » Sat, 24. Mar 07, 14:56

johnthel wrote:Bala Gi & Xenon Sector 347 - Placing the Advanced Satellite
I am 71 years old & my flying skills are not good enough to
use the "Veriticle Approach method".
Are there any other ways to do this mission?
It seems many players find this hard. Maybe I was just lucky or maybe its a bug but I found an alternative way to complete this part of the mission:
Spoiler
Show
When I wanted to lure enemyships away I flew off the map (to bottom left) and dropped a normal satellite hoping the Xenon ships would go after it so I could place the advanced sattelite... But on the moment I unloaded the normal satellite I got the message that thanked me for my help and this part of the mission was completed! I never needed to place the advanced satellite in the middle :D

byluk
x3

Post by byluk » Tue, 27. Mar 07, 23:12

I bought the 2.0 version from a store and i would like to update to 2.0.0.2 which is supposed to be just 9.98 KB, but it seems I must download the entire 31 meg file just for that little fix. Am I missing something here?

Thank you

Great Game.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 28. Mar 07, 01:46

Where did you get the idea that it was 9.98KB? And which patch are you downloading, as there are several?

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Wed, 28. Mar 07, 02:40

byluk wrote:I bought the 2.0 version from a store and i would like to update to 2.0.0.2 which is supposed to be just 9.98 KB, but it seems I must download the entire 31 meg file just for that little fix. Am I missing something here?
You will need the X³: Reunion Update 1.4.03/2.0 -> 2.0.02 which is 35.9 MB.
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

byluk
x3

Post by byluk » Wed, 28. Mar 07, 05:36

CBJ wrote:Where did you get the idea that it was 9.98KB? And which patch are you downloading, as there are several?
To answer your query,

I clicked the "play x3 reunion" icon on my desktop, it opened that small window and I clicked check for update and it took me to

http://www.egosoft.com/download/x3/patc ... .0&lang=US

and it gives one update and clickin on that gives me

http://www.egosoft.com/download/x3/patc ... wnload=223

{link corrected to the page it should have been rather than the page it actually was to avoid anyone else getting the wrong download! - CBJ}

which says X³: Reunion Update 1.4.03 -> 2.0.01
9.98 KB

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 28. Mar 07, 10:28

Nice catch. I'll chase the relevant person to make sure that page is corrected. I suspect that the 9.98KB is actually the size for the BitTorrent header rather than the full download. More worrying is why it took you to the page to update to 2.0.01 rather than the one for 2.0.02 though.

Edit: The update link has now been corrected to point to the 1.4.03/2.0->2.0.02 update, which also shows the correct size for that download.

Emon

Post by Emon » Thu, 29. Mar 07, 00:41

Edit: Was having some problems, but theyre gone :)

Redit

Post by Redit » Sun, 1. Apr 07, 04:31

I cant find the gate th the second unknown sector for the m7 mission, i need so much help.

scout1

Post by scout1 » Sun, 1. Apr 07, 05:50

You already have a thread, another post isn't necessary.

Asmayus
x3

Post by Asmayus » Tue, 10. Apr 07, 11:51

w00t 600th reply :lol: :D :lol:

Sorry, I mean, Bala Gi Missions are cool, keep up the good work ES!! :wink:

Rmesh
x3

Post by Rmesh » Tue, 17. Apr 07, 17:28

It seems many players find this hard. Maybe I was just lucky or maybe its a bug but I found an alternative way to complete this part of the mission:
Spoiler
Show
When I wanted to lure enemyships away I flew off the map (to bottom left) and dropped a normal satellite hoping the Xenon ships would go after it so I could place the advanced sattelite... But on the moment I unloaded the normal satellite I got the message that thanked me for my help and this part of the mission was completed! I never needed to place the advanced satellite in the middle :D
[/quote]

All I did was buy an Octupus, threw some nitrus in it and remotely flew it into the center. Satellite released when it got there and then got the crap blew out of it, but I was only out less than 100k.

Diablo90

Game

Post by Diablo90 » Thu, 26. Apr 07, 21:16

how can i play this game? where to get game client?
blabla

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Game

Post by CBJ » Fri, 27. Apr 07, 00:13

Diablo90 wrote:how can i play this game? where to get game client?
Erm, you seem to be a little confused. First of all this is a thread about an update to X3, not a new game. And second X3 is a single-player game, not an multi-player online game so there is no "game client" as such. You can buy it in the usual places: shops or online stores.

Stratified
x3

Post by Stratified » Thu, 17. May 07, 09:55

OK, after reading 35 pages of this forum and skimming the rest I have found no reference to this particular problem. In the third stage(I think) of the Bala Gi missions ...
Spoiler
Show

Go to Great Trench and speak to the Boron at the Royal Boron Research Station, only that sector is one that the Ka'ak have moved into early in my game, and the only station there is a factory of some sort that is under attack. I remember running into that station before the invasion (not literally), and returning to find it destroyed later on
Any suggestions?

Nevermind . . . . . reloaded, returned and there it was . . under attack by a Ka'ak Destroyer, but there nonetheless.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”