NEWS: X³ 2.0: Bala Gi Research Missions - download now!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

sisco65
x3

Post by sisco65 » Thu, 23. Nov 06, 01:24

when will the bonus pack be out?

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 23. Nov 06, 01:40

Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

sisco65
x3

Post by sisco65 » Thu, 23. Nov 06, 04:16

no the expansion that wa supposed to come out in Quarter 3-4

Mazer
x3

Post by Mazer » Thu, 23. Nov 06, 04:24

it wasnt an expansion it was a rather large update.

and i belive you are speaking of the bala ji missions? and yes they did come out in Q4, i recommend dl them becuase they are amazing.
You know you have had enough when you dock at a pirate base and toss a couple bucks at the monitor...

Mazer

sisco65
x3

Post by sisco65 » Thu, 23. Nov 06, 05:31

where do you get them at

bent1ck
x3

Post by bent1ck » Thu, 23. Nov 06, 05:56

If you read the info in the news section you will see the pre-requisites for an invitation to perform the missions.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 23. Nov 06, 09:27

sisco65 wrote:where do you get them at
Have you even read the first post in the thread you are replying to? :think:

kmiller1610
x3tc

Post by kmiller1610 » Thu, 23. Nov 06, 13:48

Not wanting to give anything away, but have they modified Xenon behavior much? I just took over 101 and 347 and did not see one example of Xenon battle groups warping in replacements.

I would expect that in 101, but it surprised me that it did not happen in 347. Now, I did attack it during an invasion mission. Perhaps that's a reason?

deepcut
x3tc

Post by deepcut » Thu, 23. Nov 06, 16:14

It's been over a year since I last played X3, some time after the 1.3 patch. Really nice to see Egosoft releasing a patch that includes new content, and I'm really enjoying playing it again, but..

I'm still getting occasional crashes, but more problematic are the game crippling interface bugs. At first I thought 2.0.02 was alot better than 2.0.01 but now I'm still getting the same issues such as:

The menu buttons across the bottom of the screen display but they're blank, no text and icons.
The selected menu button at the bottom doesn't have it's background image displayed, only the text and icon.
The border around the top-left monitor window doesnt show.
Most of the keyboard keys no longer produce the function they should, like opening the local/universe maps.
The local map had no ship/station icons or text, only the window background.

I installed it from scratch: Install -> 1.4.03 -> 2.0.01 -> Bonus package 3.1.04 -> Cockpit mod 1.03 -> 2.0.02
Sometimes I've been able to play for hours before it happens, and it seems to happen when I enter a new sector.
My savegames seem fine and after quitting and reloading it works fine again. Parts of the interface going missing and malfunctioning can make it impossible to even dock to save before quitting though.

Again, I am really enjoying playing it again while it stays stable, but the issues I have with it can be really frustrating. I wish to cooperate providing any further information I can that will help any hope of resolution.
Last edited by deepcut on Thu, 23. Nov 06, 16:22, edited 1 time in total.
"Archimedes Elite, regarded by many as the best ever version." - Ian Bell, co-author of Elite

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 23. Nov 06, 16:22

It sounds like you have a corrupt installation. Try reinstalling from scratch then applying just the 1.0->2.0.02 update. If that works with a new name, then try the Bonus Pack and the Cockpit Mod also with a new game. Finally, if that all works OK then try loading your savegames.

Ranoss Starkiller
x3

Post by Ranoss Starkiller » Thu, 23. Nov 06, 20:16

OMG....
We should create a brand new language utterly dedicated in "thanks" synonims for expressing our gratitude towards egosoft...
<bows>

stefku2000

Post by stefku2000 » Thu, 23. Nov 06, 21:01

I have a problem with Bala Gi missions. After saveing transporter ship the guy told me that I should go to Unknown sector next to Mealstrom (or whatever) and than to the south to another one. But when I go there I can not find any ship. There is just one pirate base and few asteroids, but nothing else...
Can you tell me what is wrong? Please help. :cry:

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 23. Nov 06, 21:20

Do you have any mods installed? If so then the ship may be invisible and you need to remove the mods to see it.

dalin80
x3tc

Post by dalin80 » Fri, 24. Nov 06, 00:05

hi, iam having a bit of trouble with 2.0.02, so far ive had no XI missions and very very few assassination missions to date. ive played x3 for over a year and never struggled like this, normally at this point (~3 days game time) i would have done a dozen or so XI missions and hundreds of assassination missions.

so far

0 xi missions

about 10 other 'killy' missions (lots of m5 transport/ stock transport ones though, but there no fun.)

iam running no mods.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 24. Nov 06, 00:22

the appearence of BBS entries are random, sounds like your just having a dry spell.

however, if there was a mission on the BBS that you missed, u'll have to wait for that to time out before you get the next one

bigtallgeezer
x4

It works at last!!!!

Post by bigtallgeezer » Fri, 24. Nov 06, 00:26

Whale oil beef oct........said very quickly with an Irish accent!!

Just updated on the off chance that I might be able to play at more than 3 frames a second......and it works!!! Wooohooooo, now I've got to learn all the commands again. One whole hour of basic gameplay and not one blip crash, delay or anything so far....great!

Thanks guys

cswiger
x3tc

Post by cswiger » Fri, 24. Nov 06, 00:58

Hi, all--

I'd taken a long break from X3, in part due to doing some remote consulting, but I am very happy to check back and see all kinds of goodies appear! I've played through long enough to get the PHQ, and thoroughly enjoyed the various Bala Gi missions.

I noticed that there seem to be a lot more pirates, and more pirate TS'es flying around. I also got my *M6* Centaur "ShadowJack" killed OOS by a Xenon patrol led by 2 x LX while it was patrolling Aladna Hill & Hatickvah's Faith...apparently, the new Xenon M3+ kicks butt OOS...?

Station announcements have been obviously changed with some randomized vocal content like different floor levels or docks; the mix sounds much more like a real-world airport, which is all to the good. More topical BBS missions, too.

I've found out where to buy the Argon & Paranid M3+s (Eclipse & Medusa?), but I haven't found where to buy the third M3+, which I think is supposed to be a Split Charon or something like that...? The Nova Raider may only have 50MJ of shielding now, but that Eclipse seems to come with 125MJ.

Sweet Kha'ak killer. Good against Pirates or Xenon, too. And that's not counting the M7. :-)

Anyhow, YAY EGOSOFT!
Do you remember Shalebridge Cradle?
Beware! The Cradle *doesn't* forget....

layton99
x3tc

Post by layton99 » Fri, 24. Nov 06, 06:15

Was about to post that I can't get it to work! But I read the bonus updateand realised I'd added my scripts after installing the bonus DOH no wonder nothing works properly!
Layton

For the SPLIT!

Riptide_NVN
x3

Back after update...

Post by Riptide_NVN » Fri, 24. Nov 06, 20:05

OK so I left off months ago. I have a fairly large empire (space fuel/weed complexes). I have an alpha flak array factory churning out weapons and also a single M2 Titan that is full outfitted w/BPPC and alpha flak.

I saw the new update came out and decided to get back into this. I got into the game last night and got familiarized again with the controls and also what I had going on when I left off.

My question is what should I do now? I've only played for about an hour and haven't got any comm messages coming in asking me to do anything. So I'm not sure where I need to start in order to get the new missions, get the M7, etc..

StarTroll
x4

Post by StarTroll » Fri, 24. Nov 06, 21:19

If I remember well, all you have to do is to fly around and have a good relation with Borons, paranid and splits (good enough to dock in their core sectors).
Well since you own an M2 means you passed the 10 hours requirement and complex means you have the minimum requirement of 1 station (unless complex doesn't count for, this in that case buy a single station 8) )

well that's all I can remember, just wait for your boron friends to contact you

Good luck :wink:
SCUM : They may exceed you in number, but not in value.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”