NEWS: X³ 2.0: Bala Gi Research Missions - download now!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Mon, 28. Jan 08, 03:52

Be advised, if you are using a Custom Start from a Mod, Bala Gi will NOT run.

This is not a bug, but a requirement for a very specific map name, X3_universe. Custom starts use a custom map.

Because some custom maps may alter the universe, and remove some 'required' sectors for Bala Gi, the missions will not run.

All the standard starts, including those that can be 'unlocked', will allow Bala Gi to run.
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

supakillaii
xr

Post by supakillaii » Mon, 28. Jan 08, 15:31

Ooooh I forgot about the other requirements v.v
Thanks gu- ppl :)

AlFitz
x3

Post by AlFitz » Thu, 31. Jan 08, 13:17

Nanook wrote:I think I might know what the problem is now. From your mention of Cyclone's Fury, you're obviously playing XTM. Did you by some chance also add in a mod or script that adds shipyards to your game? I know of one that adds a shipyard to Kingdom End that offers the HQ for sale. If so, then the game is confused about what shipyard you need to dock at, so try finding the other shipyard in KE and docking there. You should get the message you're looking for.

If you didn't add any shipyards to your game, disregard the above. :)
Thanks for the reply and sorry for the delay! There seems to be no extra stations in Kingdom End unfortunately, I will try docking with every station there tho just to make sure. Is there any way to look at the status of the mission from the files within the X3 folder for clues?

Alex Vanderbilt
Winner X3 Sektorquest
x3tc

Post by Alex Vanderbilt » Sun, 3. Feb 08, 09:49

Not at the folder but you can see ingame where/what you have to go/do next if you look into your log. Might you should save screen shots from this messages to dont have to search everytime through the whole log.

AV

AlFitz
x3

Post by AlFitz » Sun, 3. Feb 08, 10:30

The last messages I had were to tell me to go to the shipyard in Kingdom End and then the hurry up message, so thats why I'm a bit stuck as the next phase of the missions arent being triggered correctly.

Krogoth77
x3

Post by Krogoth77 » Thu, 7. Feb 08, 21:41

Can sumone please tell me where that yacht is, im having trouble finding the west gate in sector maelstorm??which is really bugging me...And too boot its in a sensor nebula that lowers sensor range...Please help ive flown for 700km in almost every westward direction and still nothing?

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 7. Feb 08, 21:55

The west gate from Maelstrom is at coordinates
Spoiler
Show
-180,0,0, or thereabouts.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Krogoth77
x3

Post by Krogoth77 » Fri, 8. Feb 08, 07:42

Ahhh thanks nanook...Apppreciate it...I was really getting bugged....That same music and no action to keep me busy .... :D

Khy

Post by Khy » Tue, 12. Feb 08, 01:15

I'm currently enjoying this great game, but I have a question.

I installed version 1.0, then upgraded directly to 2.5. I then installed the xtended mod immediately afterwards. I want to install the Race Response mod for the awesome fleet battles, but when I do it says it is for Reunion 2.0 and Bala Gi, and may not work.

Do I still get Bala Gi if I upgraded 1.0 directly to 2.5? Will the Race Response mod still work with the setup I have?

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Tue, 12. Feb 08, 01:30

If your game version is 2.0 or higher, you have Bala Gi.

Please ask mod/script related questions - including compatibility - in the scripting forum. Preferably in the thread about the script/mod in question.
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

Comrade Frostov
x3

Post by Comrade Frostov » Fri, 22. Feb 08, 12:59

Ok, i have a problem with getting the yaht to the grand exchange.
I got an m6, fitted with tractor beam, draged the yaht to the gates, went through. But it didnt follow. It tried numerous times, with no success. I run 2.5 with xtended mod instaled.
I maneged to complete this mission in 2.0

mad_axeman
x3tc

Post by mad_axeman » Fri, 22. Feb 08, 13:28

Tow it on Autopilot, rather than manually. And then put SETA on after you've gone through the gate. The yacht should follow and reconnect.

Comrade Frostov
x3

Post by Comrade Frostov » Fri, 22. Feb 08, 16:24

mad_axeman wrote:Tow it on Autopilot, rather than manually. And then put SETA on after you've gone through the gate. The yacht should follow and reconnect.
It worked.
Thank you

Skeletun
x3

Post by Skeletun » Sat, 1. Mar 08, 08:58

Hi,

I'm doing the Bala Gi missions now and am totally stuck. I need to find the Royal Boron Storage Depot in "Great Trench". When I got to great trench I can see only three stations there and a bunch of asteroids and cannot find a storage depot anywhere. I docked at teh Royal Boron Equipment dock and still no luck. I docked at all 3 stations (one of them is a Research station) and nothing.

softweir
xr

Post by softweir » Sat, 1. Mar 08, 14:00

The guy you want *is* at the Equipment dock, but he won't know to talk to you until you talk to him! First, check your log for his name. Then comm. the Equipment Dock (or if docked click on to Station/Comms) and choose to talk to that guy. He will then give you the info you need.
My new fave game (while waiting for Rebirth) - Kerbal Space Program

Skeletun
x3

Post by Skeletun » Sat, 1. Mar 08, 15:22

Thanks Softweir, but I did try that. I've left the sector come back, and checked the comms and his name isnt there. I've restarted the missions from the beginning and still ran into the same problem. I've checked every station there and he just isnt in the comms menu.
Is there a certain point within the game you have to start themissions by or its too late? I

softweir
xr

Post by softweir » Sun, 2. Mar 08, 13:01

Sorry about the delay, I was trying to find a savegame that would allow me to check.

I did a google search of these forums, and it's the EQ Dock you need. Dock with it. If you don;t get an incoming message on docking, use the internal comms facility from the Station menu.

If that doesn't work and you have a savegame from before you delivered the blueprints, go back to that and try again.

If all that fails, try posting a new thread - I don't think many people look at this one these days.

Good luck!
My new fave game (while waiting for Rebirth) - Kerbal Space Program

Skeletun
x3

Post by Skeletun » Sun, 2. Mar 08, 17:59

Hey Thanks again. Really appreciate the effort. I'll give that a shot again and if not I'll post a new thread.
Thanks again

dcunio55
x3tc

Post by dcunio55 » Tue, 25. Aug 09, 07:03

The bonus missions are a blast-opps shouldn't hav said that....
love the entir program of hours and hours of plotten and planning just to be kneelhauled on the next turn..... think security. :lol: :lol: :D

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Tue, 25. Aug 09, 07:06

Was that really worth dragging up a topic which has been inactive for well over a year?
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”